Sam Burgess late hit on cherry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Agree he should've been cited, but even if he was and got 6 weeks, how does it help Manly? That is a major issue with the whole match review process. The team against who the offence occurred gets no benefit, the offending teams opposition the following week(s) get the benefit.
They should go back to using the sinbin for minor foul play. The hit was obvious while they were replaying the try. It would take less than a minute for the bunker to watch the replay and communicate to the ref that Burgess needs to go for 10 min. Manly then get some benefit from the incident.

Agree he should've been cited, but even if he was and got 6 weeks, how does it help Manly? That is a major issue with the whole match review process. The team against who the offence occurred gets no benefit, the offending teams opposition the following week(s) get the benefit.
They should go back to using the sinbin for minor foul play. The hit was obvious while they were replaying the try. It would take less than a minute for the bunker to watch the replay and communicate to the ref that Burgess needs to go for 10 min. Manly then get some benefit from the incident.
Agree with you mosto, but we are so far off that. Burgess can't even get cited so the next team he plays may have an advantage if he gets rubbed out for a few games.

Is it just me or have we copped some really bad calls this year??

Maybe Greenturd the dirty grub has plans for us

It is a disgrace and the NRL have zero credibility IMO. How different it would have been if One has f ur forwards had of been the perpetrator. Couple that with the help the refs appeared to give Souths early in the 2nd half. I have lost faith in the NRL!

C'mon guys, there's only 4 officials and a 2 million dollar bunker watching the game. They can't be expected to see every little indiscretion 'the protected' do.

Especially when it's totally hidden way out there in front of everyone.

And the nrl can't comment on it as they are too busy explaining how Gallen's dive wasn't a dive and he was just about to tackle that speedster running a mere 10 metres away from him.

Then we'd have a fair game.

oops: I just broke my sarcasm-o-tron.

Last edited:
What's the email address for Sea Eagles, I would like to ask them if they are asking NRL for an explanation given we lost 2 key players for the same offence and given our captain took a nasty hit that was clearly illegal in at least 2 ways.
I'd like to ask the club if they are not seeking such an explanation, to please explain why not because as a humble fan the inconsistency is a major turn off for the game of rugby league.

What's the email address for Sea Eagles, I would like to ask them if they are asking NRL for an explanation given we lost 2 key players for the same offence and given our captain took a nasty hit that was clearly illegal in at least 2 ways.
I'd like to ask the club if they are not seeking such an explanation, to please explain why not because as a humble fan the inconsistency is a major turn off for the game of rugby league.

[email protected]

here tis the list.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/about/contact_us.html

Agree with you mosto, but we are so far off that. Burgess can't even get cited so the next team he plays may have an advantage if he gets rubbed out for a few games.

Is it just me or have we copped some really bad calls this year??

Maybe Greenturd the dirty grub has plans for us
So far the games Ive watched, dodgy calls are rife through all teams not just Manly. Canberra had some shockers go against them. Forward passes are the worst I have ever seen them. F@ck me dead, surely with all the technology they've got now they could come up with something to gauge forward passes.

This is the club's email, in case anyone else wants to contact them. I have contacted the club, not the NRL, others may prefer the other approach.

[email protected]
I reckon that's a great idea. If Manly sit on the fence this **** will keep happening. The club has a duty to protect its players. We are getting screwed week in and week out so you might as well go down fighting.

Just watching The Sunday Footy Show (it starts at 1 PM on GEM in Adelaide).....every other game they showed foul play and talked about it (e.g. Maloney's high shot on Tedesco). When talking about our thrashing of Souffs they completely ignored Burgess hitting DCE with an off the ball shoulder charge.

That tells the story right there doesn't it.....move along folks, nothing to see here :swear::swear::swear:

Unbelievable...

Michael Buettner, the head of the match-review committee, has tried to defend the decision not to charge Burgess.

“The Match Review Committee deemed it a collision,” he said, “Daly Cherry-Evans was a support player and Sam Burgess was trying to cover across in defence.

“There did not appear to be any intent in his actions. It was considered a concerning act due to contact with the head and the fact that Cherry-Evans was not in possession of the ball.

“But this was not considered a shoulder charge action. This sort of collision is not the sort of action the rules around shoulder charges were implemented for.”

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Seriously, Buettner is watching different footage to the rest of us. A picture never lies and this was so obvious.

Never mind the fact DCE wasn’t seriously hurt. The fact is other players have been suspended for doing exactly the same tackle. This is all about consistency. That’s all the fans want.

Every player needs to be treated the same.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/acf2c5b752c784d5e789db12cbd7e655

Michael Buettner, the head of the match-review committee, has tried to defend the decision not to charge Burgess.

“The Match Review Committee deemed it a collision,” he said, “Daly Cherry-Evans was a support player and Sam Burgess was trying to cover across in defence.

“There did not appear to be any intent in his actions. It was considered a concerning act due to contact with the head and the fact that Cherry-Evans was not in possession of the ball.

“But this was not considered a shoulder charge action. This sort of collision is not the sort of action the rules around shoulder charges were implemented for.”

*?&%#$#$@#$%%#$ Buettner and his MRC cronies

Loosely translated that means.....

:swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear: Buettner and his MRC cronies

Unbelievable...

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Seriously, Buettner is watching different footage to the rest of us. A picture never lies and this was so obvious.

Never mind the fact DCE wasn’t seriously hurt. The fact is other players have been suspended for doing exactly the same tackle. This is all about consistency. That’s all the fans want.

Every player needs to be treated the same.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/acf2c5b752c784d5e789db12cbd7e655

Wow, Buzz has actually come through with a very good article. Good to see someone has actually highlighted this disgusting grubby incident in the press.

A side note: Buzz also mentioned in his Monday Buzz column that if Kevin Walters was going to choose a team based on form for QLD then Chez should be picked over Michael Morgan, (totally agree with him on that one as well.)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11