Sam Burgess late hit on cherry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Sam Burgess’s shoulder charge on Daly Cherry-Evans symptomatic of South Sydney’s problems
Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph
April 30, 2017 8:00pm
Subscriber only
This is a classic rugby league shoulder charge. It is as clear as daylight to all but the NRL match review committee.

Check out the small photo first as Sam Burgess looks towards Daly Cherry-Evans and eyes off his much smaller target.

Then … CRASH.

Look at the whiplash. DCE’s head jolts violently away from his neck as Burgess goes thump with his right shoulder.

Like a car accident when you get hit from behind.

here's a link to the full tele article:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/acf2c5b752c784d5e789db12cbd7e655

This is a classic rugby league shoulder charge. It is as clear as daylight to all but the NRL match review committee.

Check out the small photo first as Sam Burgess looks towards Daly Cherry-Evans and eyes off his much smaller target.
It's clear as daylight to everybody including the MRC but for their own reasons they choose to ignore it.
It's getting harder to explain away these episodes as mind boggling incompetence.

Michael Buettner, the head of the match-review committee, has tried to defend the decision not to charge Burgess.

“The Match Review Committee deemed it a collision,” he said, “Daly Cherry-Evans was a support player and Sam Burgess was trying to cover across in defence.

There did not appear to be any intent in his actions. It was considered a concerning act due to contact with the head and the fact that Cherry-Evans was not in possession of the ball.

“But this was not considered a shoulder charge action. This sort of collision is not the sort of action the rules around shoulder charges were implemented for.”
:swear::fubar:

Michael Buettner, the head of the match-review committee, has tried to defend the decision not to charge Burgess.

“The Match Review Committee deemed it a collision,” he said, “Daly Cherry-Evans was a support player and Sam Burgess was trying to cover across in defence.

There did not appear to be any intent in his actions. It was considered a concerning act due to contact with the head and the fact that Cherry-Evans was not in possession of the ball.

“But this was not considered a shoulder charge action. This sort of collision is not the sort of action the rules around shoulder charges were implemented for.”
That's good enough for me...

bull****.jpg

Yeah prop/lock on half. Tough as :mad:

Agree, 115kg man had to brace for impact from a 85kg man who didn't even see him coming. Absolute joke and we are lucky DCE got up from that without an injury. After just getting off a similar charge he should be made an example of. But look on the bright side, thankfully it wasn't Kapow on Reynolds otherwise he'd be sitting out the remainder of his playing contract

"Not his go", case dismissed!!

What I also don't get is why have ex players reviewing who can be from an era where for a lot of what they are trying to outlaw, they'd be told "get up softcock" and told to play on by team mates. Why can't it just be a non player who is there to interpret the rule book as it currently stands with no bias. Otherwise why not just Tommy Radounikis reviewing games.

Going against popular opinion but I agree. Worthy of a penalty for being late but not a suspension.
This is a contact sport for the elite

Edit: in saying that I am aware of how inconsistent and hypocritical the NRL and match review committee can be.

Going against popular opinion but I agree. Worthy of a penalty for being late but not a suspension.
This is a contact sport for the elite

Edit: in saying that I am aware of how inconsistent and hypocritical the NRL and match review committee can be.
Late and high- contacted the head.
The MRC could not site him because he then would have had to be suspended for a couple of games, missing the test match.
Whatever happened to protecting the games most valued commodity? People used to make a big deal about protecting the half backs. Seems if DCE gets smacked illegally is all quiet on the western front.

If that was someone like Taupau or Matai i can guarantee it would have been put on report. Sam Burgess is one of the games biggest grubs when his team is on the ropes and he deserves to be smashed by another 120kg thug in similar circumstances.
Burgess should have had a carry over from his last one a few weeks ago.

I am a strong believer in penalising the incident and not the injury
Clay, I'm not being biased and have showed all non manly supporters the hit and we all agreed it was one of the worst shoulder charges this year.
Michael Buettner is a fu$&ing disgrace and there is definitely politics behind that decision.
Disagree with u on that one

Clay, I'm not being biased and have showed all non manly supporters the hit and we all agreed it was one of the worst shoulder charges this year.
Michael Buettner is a fu$&ing disgrace and there is definitely politics behind that decision.
Disagree with u on that one
We don't have to agree :thumbsup:

1) Where in the shoulder charge rule does it mention intent?
2) Where in the shoulder charge rule does it mention the 'sort of action' covered?
3) Does anyone know what the shoulder charge rule actually does say, is there a link?
4) How does this incident compare with AFB's tap in the 80th minute in Rd1 which got him 2 weeks?
5) If the club does not maintain a video dossier of all these incidents, for future use as defence against bogus charges, they are being negligent.

Another total disgrace.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11