SEA EAGLES 2013 TRIAL Vs Roosters Sat @Gosford 7:30

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
I like him already. Question is how good does he look in the shower 'cause HM showed us that Wolfman looks alright?

As much as I would like to assist with a knowledgable answer...................

Jatz Crackers said:
niccipops said:
I like him already. Question is how good does he look in the shower 'cause HM showed us that Wolfman looks alright?

As much as I would like to assist with a knowledgable answer...................
Nothing wrong with it these days Jatz. Kidding on all fronts. The Gagan kid sounds like a great prospect for Manly.

Horror knight for some (DCE) but it is a trial and in 2008 I am sure we lost 2 trials....(I think)

Friday the 8th of March........ Bring it on.

Darren said:
Farah run down by a forward. Let's hope he doesn't get the wing spot.

Nothing unusual about a hooker being run down by a 2nd rower/centre. Mick Potter would be crazy to play him in the wing though

So, besides Gagan being able to finish, who stood out for Manly tonight re. the newbies?

LeagueHQ ‏@LeagueHQ1
Geoff Toovey is confident Anthony Watmough will be fit for the start of #NRL season after he injured ribs in 20-4 trial loss to the Roosters
https://twitter.com/LeagueHQ1/status/302741788861546496

Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL
Toovey on Watmough: "Scans don't show anything but he is very tender around the ribs. Doesn't appear to be any major damage". (Via AAP) #nrl
https://twitter.com/TripleM_NRL/status/302744889223946241

David Riccio ‏@DaveRic1
Toovey is complaining about the refs after manly's trial loss to roosters. Yep, footy's back.
https://twitter.com/DaveRic1/status/302738499407314944

I think the last one is about Matai getting done for tackling someone. New rules say Matai can't tackle anyone until NRL changes to flag footy rules 2014.

niccipops said:
Kidding on all fronts.

Im expecting Global Eagle to chime in with a wise crack about Y fronts.

Yeah Gagan has massive wraps on him Nic. As does Sao & MCK & Hiku. But its Lawrence & Lawton that im hoping will be the immediate standouts.

So 44 points , 11 tries conceeded in 2 trials. I hope some solid work on defense is going to be done in the next couple of weeks. Not an encouraging start at all.

Trials to the top teams like Manly and the Storm mean getting some match fitness, with hopefully no injuries. It's no surprise to me that both those teams lost their matches this weekend. They know they are capable of winning the Premiership, and don't need the result in a trial match to go their way to prove themselves. The teams that have been also rans the previous year or two would use trial matches not only for match fitness, but also as a means of getting a bit of confidence heading into the premiership proper. The result means a lot more to those teams. The last time Manly won a Pre-season match was the 2008 WCC. Funnily enough, that game meant something. Interestingly, Manly have won two Premierships since the last time they won a trial match.

Think I'd be careful about expecting too much from Manly this year. I suggested earlier watch for 2014. By that time not only the halves will be well adapted, but some of the young brilliant players like Gutherson, Chee-Kan, Trbojevic etc will be stamping their authority. I picked Manly for about 3rd to 5th this year and nothing I've seen suggests any change in that assessment

Who was playing wing outside of Lyon in the first half? Showed terrible positional play in defense and was the main cause of the first two tries they scored.

Look i know they're only trial games, but it seems we haven't taken them to seriously.
I reckon a teams morale is better come the opening game of the season if you've had a couple of trial wins up your sleeve.

its only a trial, trials means how the coach and what he wants to trial.
If they were serious about it they would put a full strenght squad on their..

Nothing to worry about we will be fine

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8