Sea Eagles in hunt for new prop as merry-go-round fires up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jatz Crackers said:
Chip and Chase said:
Why would we be looking for a new prop next season ? Why don't we just hang onto the one we have.

The answer would be the net transfer result between Kite & the mystery prop. That is the most likely reason that it hasnt been finalised yet & that we cant be told about it.

All hinges on what amount of BKs contract would be fully funded by the Tigers and then the net decrease in cap after the new (cheaper) prop is signed on.

T

Reading between the lines I assumed that we were trying to offload Kite because we couldn't afford to keep him next season (not sure whether that means he was backended on his last deal or not). Now if the Tigers are shedding players because of similar salary cap pressure it seems unlikely that they would be picking up the whole of Kitey's tab. Therefore we still pay some of Kite's contract as well as sign another player to replace him. Net result = not much better off. I can understand us shopping him around, I don't understand us looking for a replacement.

Anyway let's hope he stays.

the mauler said:
I think he'll stay and Georgie, Mauro might be the ones to be squeezed out.

Poor ole George has to be squeezed out where ever he goes!

Go George!!

Edit: with regards to Kite, If it is true and there's salary cap pressures.... Does he have the option for playing for less money?

Not saying he wants to or he should, just asking.

small story in todays telecrap saying that he doesn't want to leave but concedes he may be playing in different colours next year. can't find article on line

Mark from Brisbane said:
One of the most likeable players we (MWTS) have been involved with. I remember in New Zealand in 2010 a couple of the young blokes on the trip had paled up with two of the young blokes from NZ. At the post match Function they are sitting on a 4 seater lounge and in rolls Kitey, say's "move over" and down he sat and chatted with them for about 30 minutes...the smiles on their faces said it all!!

He's always the first in to see us and the last to leave...absolute champion of the fans!!

And a great sense of humour. At the club function after a Gold Coast game he walked up to me and asked if I wanted a photo. I didn't see why I should miss the opportunity and said, 'sure.'

He grabbed the camera and took a shot of me.

We had a laugh and a bit of a chat after that but in the enjoyment I did forget to get proper photo with him. Ah, well.

I love his willingness to get in amongst the fans during these gatherings and just throws himself into the groups and get them comfortable and chatty.

An amazing bloke and club representative, and a shame if we have to let him go, especially without due recognition when we can.

i don't think the signs look good for George. Wouldn't like to see Vic leave either, he'd be one of those Robbo type losses where we don't realise what was lost until it's gone. But i guess you can't keep em all these days sadly. wouldn't hold it against Kitey if the $$ are still flowing elsewhere and he decided to take. He is a first class player and deserves a first class pay packet. Hopefully he stays and along with Joe really teaches these younger guys coming through the ropes.

It is important to keep Kite as we need a none drink who will be sober to front the media the day after another gf victory next year.

We were nervous in the 07 GF and IMO there is no doubt the "doing it for Beaver" played a large roll in helping our guys pyshcologically in 08. If Kitey was to leave and the respect he has in the playing group, doing it for him could well give us that little edge needed in the big games to come.

A mate of mine is a little in the know at the Tigers. Latest scuttlebutt from his information is that the Tigs have put up Matt Groat as part of the trade for Kite.

eaglezap said:
A mate of mine is a little in the know at the Tigers. Latest scuttlebutt from his information is that the Tigs have put up Matt Groat as part of the trade for Kite.

Pass thanks.

I don't think Brent will go anywhere. He's part of the heart and soul of this group of players and this group is pretty tight, as we've seen.

Apparently we are sailing North of the salary cap but I'm sure the players and management will work something out. Unfortunately we may lose a few juniors, which would be disappointing but, you don't cut out part of the soul to save a finger.

eaglezap said:
Hope your ****ing joking. Swapping a legend for a lemon! Surely not

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8