Silvertails congratulations and tribute to Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dear Brett,

Congratulations does not seem like the right word - justice does. If my almost 2 year old son can carry himself with as much dignity and class as you have when he is older he will be doing well

All the best

Greg

Dear Brett and family

Congratulations on the outcome of the court case and congratulations for sticking by the club and fans who love you throughout this whole ordeal. I believe the NRL and the media owes your family a huge apology.
You're a champion Brett. Good luck with your comeback. I look forward to seeing you crossing the tryline many more times for the Sea Eagles. I look forward to seeing you and your family smiling again.

Cheers from Nicci

Congratulations Brett on the great court result. Not for one minute did any Sea Eagle fan believe any of the allegations brought against you. After watching the interview with Gus it was plain to see the distress you and your family suffered. It really hit home when Gus asked about the celebrations of being not guilty and you replied along the lines that it wasn't much of a celebration as you knew you were not guilty for the past 18 months.
Wishing you all the best and hope to see you kicking a#se with the eagles for many years to come.

Dan G

Cliff Lyons has always been my favourite all time Manly player. But I have to say that, with the greatest respect to the legendary Cliffy, that Brett Stewart is now my favourite all time Manly player. Not because of anything he has done on the football field, as brilliant as all of that has been. But more because of the quality of person he has proven himself to be, and the way he has handled the last 18 months when so many others , if put in the same position would have crumbled. No one could blame him if he let the NRL and in particular that gutless grub Gallop have it with both barrels. But he didnt. He didnt because he is far too good for that. Brett Stewart is all class.  He could come out and say that the girl involved should be charged, but he doesnt. He is even sympathetic towards her situation. The guy is just the most humble, laid back sports star i have ever seen. Having had the pleasure of chatting to him at various functions etc. over the last couple of years i have found him to be every bit the champion person that all the previous posts say he is.  It brought a tear to my eye watching the interview with Gus on the footy show. Its just not fair that someone should have to go through 18 months of hell like he has, just because he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. We, like Brett himself, knew he was innocent 18 months ago. Anyone that has ever had anything to do with him would also have known.
To Jamie, Mr and Mrs Stewart, Glenn  and Dessie I thank you for the strength you have given our hero over the last 18 months. Justice has finally prevailed and a great young man can now get on with the rest of his life. That is the most important thing. That Brett Stewart, the person, can get some normality and happiness back into his life. The fact that we, as Manly fans, get our champion fullback back is just an added bonus. I am so proud that Brett Stewart plays for Manly. Im even more proud to say that Brett Stewart is my hero.
Bones

Brett,

I am extremely glad that that the pain you have had to endure over the last 18 months is finally over. Ive never met you in person but i know an honest genuine person when i see one. The interview with Gus gave me mixed emotions of sadness and also anger that your life has been affected like it has. It is sad that the NRL has not treated you with the respect you deserve by giving you and your family an apology and i admire the fact that you still want to play this great game. Best of luck for the future and i look forward to seeing our Prince of Brookvale back on the field in 2011 and for years to come.

Regards,
Paul

The way you have conducted yourself on and off the field has been an inspiration to the quality of person it is possible to be. To face the adversity that you have and still promote being a fair, understanding and honest person is a testimony to the upbringing you have had and the ideals you believe in. You are an inspiration to people from all walks of life.

Andrew

Dan has said it perfectly for us, never doubted you Brett! All the best for the future Brett, and I think Jarryd Hayne and Billy Slater have a couple of jerseys that belong to you, 2011 is the year you take them back!

Brett, I'd like to express my admiration and respect for you. What you've been forced to deal with over the last 18months is atrocious to say the least, of which the majority of us supports wouldn't be able to fully contemplate.
The way in which you dealt with the situation speaks great measures of the person you are and of your mental toughness. I along with many others I have lost respect in the many mainstream media outlets that hangs a person out to dry in order to make a buck. Any decent person or a person with an ounce of common sense would have perceived the headlines and rumours to be complete rubbish.
Along with the multitude of Manly supporters and the many more supporters of rugby league, I can't wait to see you at full strength back on the field and do what you do best!
Hold your head up high, and be confident in the fact that we're all behind 100% as a person, as well as the fullback for Manly, NSW and Australia.

Best wishes to you and your family. I hope life can be better for you now after the nightmare you have just been through. Look forward to seeing you out on the field again in 2011.

Some people may have believed the smears when this first started, and some small, ever-diminishing minority of them might continue to  - totally oblivious to all the evidence. So never, ever, ever pay the slightest heed to them and their ilk, because they have always been happy to remain ignorant of the facts.

Just let your steps and your mood get lighter and lighter now, knowing you have put this stupid nightmare firmly behind you. You know you a good man, and I can confirm that among all thinking persons your good name is fully intact. In fact you have a tremendous reputation, one that undoubtedly will continue to grow from here on. There are literally thousands of people who believe in you, including many, many people who have never even met you but have already seen enough of your story to draw the obvious conclusion.

I hope as time passes so will all the bitterness, because we can't always control what others think and do, we can just control what we choose to do. Continue to keep your head up, champion. I must say I've followed the fortunes of the mighty Manly Sea Eagles for decades, but I've never been prouder than I am now seeing the way you have carried yourself through this protracted ordeal. Well done!

Brett, You are a class act

And that is not even taking into account your efforts on the park. Throughout the whole ordeal you have continued to show the type of character that makes you a favourite among fans, and makes us all proud to be Manly supporters

What you mean to us can probably be summed up by the fact that we all try and promote ourselves as tough guys but nearly all have admitted to shedding a tear at some point through it all

I was at the 2008 Grand Final, and I thought the feelings felt when Beaver scored near the end would never be matched, that was until Wednesday morning when the word of what we all knew started filtering through, that you were not guilty of every allegation made against you

Hold your head up high, walk around proud, and I look forward to shaking your hand once again in the future

Daniel from Christchurch, NZ

Brett, Your a champion on and off the football field,your a credit to your family and club. Best wishes for the future in football and life.

Brett,Your a complete champion,All the good work youve done in this country as an ambassador cannot be undone,your speeches bring tears to the eyes of everyone involved with your work for kids with diabettes and im sure you've converted a good lot of them to the right team, bring on 2011 and add to the highlight reel which has been your brilliant career and for gods sake take back your rightful place in the blue plus the green and gold #1 jersey

I'm So very happy for you that this horrible nightmare is finally over. It must have been hell, actually torture, to be unable to say one word in 18 months yet copping the mud, criticism and penalties dished out and knowing they were all so wrong. I hope at the very very least you receive an apology, but I'm not holding my breath.

Brett, I send my heartfelt and sincere wishes that you are able to successfully move on from this and return to Brookie with that beautiful smile. (Ditto for great brother, Glenn.) Hope it will help you in your recovery to know that there are probably thousands of Manly supporters behind you, who wish at least some of the old Brett will be back soon doing what you do best.

Kind regards, Linda

Brett, the enduring thing about this whole experience should be the connection you must feel towards all those who unflinchingly supported you from the beginning. They were always right to do so.

Hear hear Jatz......not one of us ever waivered!!

The Manly family LOUD AND PROUD.

Welcome back Brett

I hear some people are saying "oh Brett only got off because he's a celebrity Rugby League player and he can afford a $300,000 Lawyer". I say shame on those people... Who can AFFORD a $300 k Lawyer? Maybe the Packers, the Murdochs etc but a footballer!!! Manly players are paid within the salary cap and even if Brett was earning 300k per year, that's a years wage down the gurgler. I hardly think anyone could afford to loose a years wage for any reason.
And besides, I'd reckon he wouldn't have been on full wages for the last 18 months.
People, it's a great and generous sentiment that we all put our hands in our pockets and help Brett out financially but I reckon Bretts' defence and court cost should be bourne by his failed accuser. She's practically ruined His life and I think SHE should pay for it (IMHO)

You have always set the bar high. This time with class. You have shown maturity beyond your years. Its a sad world, where many people have given up in the fight over right and wrong, just accepting unacceptable outcomes, as the life and fight has been drained from them.

Many will argue your ability with a football is a gift, but you have given a community a gift of courage, given them strength to fight for what is right. Your battle has given many HOPE

And you have done all of this by just being yourself

Hey Brett, all the best mate. We never doubted you for a minute. Your a credit to your family and your team. Bazza and Narrelle must be so proud of you. I know we are.

Hold you head high and never worry about the doubters.

None of us can imagine what you've been through these last 18 mths but you've come through it with your dignity and reputation intact and have the respect of thousands upon thousands of people from all walks of life, not just us Manly fans, many of who already knew what everyone else is just finding out.

Every day I walk past your jersey hanging on the wall in my lounge room and it brings a smile to my face. Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling that i can carry into the day and just seems to make everything worthwhile.

Well done mate.

Jesus' crucifixion was a walk in the park - pinned to some wood, got some wounds, and all over inside a day.  Could he have coped with a rabid media for 18 months?  Seriously, the way you have handled this year and a half Brett is a credit to you, your family and supports.  And the way Jaime and the family have handled themselves has been similarly inspirational. And the pain is finally coming to an end for all of us who have believed in you and cared about you.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6