Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
yes we did

The club offered snake two years. He insisted on three.

But I cannot actually blame him as he was part of brothers package. The club must be cool about him going cause blind freddy knows if you let let glen go then stewart would want out.

Let's get this over and done with. It will be a tragedy to see snake in another teams colours.

sheridanstand78 said:
Andrew Webster on Sky news has said that Snake is off to the whining worms blah blah blah.

Really this BS has to stop.

Snake is a contracted player and the club need to show some leadership and put this to bed.

Enough is Enough!
who are the whining worms,Parra ???

master blaster said:
sheridanstand78 said:
Andrew Webster on Sky news has said that Snake is off to the whining worms blah blah blah.

Really this BS has to stop.

Snake is a contracted player and the club need to show some leadership and put this to bed.

Enough is Enough!
who are the whining worms,Parra ???

For those of us from the late 1970s. Parra were known as serial whingers cause every time they lost a big game it was everyone elses fault, seems that pattern has continued over the last 30 years too!

Snake said:
Ask anyone in league if they'd prefer Snake and Choc, or Mason?! I cannot believe some of our supporters think that's a good deal. Both guys have won two comps with the club and both have a couple of good years left in them. Mason is average, and he is 35.

Agree, but I think you'll find Mason is only one of a number of new signings should both Snake and Choc go.

If Snake and Choc want to go that bad, let them walk. Gutho is ready to take over from Snake. Buy Merrin, Mason, McQuire from Broncs and we are set.

weev said:
Fluffy said:
yes we did

The club offered snake two years. He insisted on three.

But I cannot actually blame him as he was part of brothers package. The club must be cool about him going cause blind freddy knows if you let let glen go then stewart would want out.

Let's get this over and done with. It will be a tragedy to see snake in another teams colours.

Yep, he insisted on three and got it - he did so knowing that his brother had only one year to go.
When he re-signed last year on top $$ he would've been very aware that when Glenn's deal was up for renewal and that there wouldn't have been alot of cap space left.
If the brotherly package is so important, why didn't they align their contracts?

Snake said:
Ask anyone in league if they'd prefer Snake and Choc, or Mason?! I cannot believe some of our supporters think that's a good deal. Both guys have won two comps with the club and both have a couple of good years left in them. Mason is average, and he is 35.

G'day all, Both could remain at Manly for the duration of their contracts if that was their wish,so it would appear that the ball is in their court as to whether that is what they want.
cheers mike

mike walker said:
Snake said:

G'day all, Both could remain at Manly for the duration of their contracts if that was their wish,so it would appear that the ball is in their court as to whether that is what they want.
cheers mike
But they freely signed contracts based on what they wanted.

Loobs said:
Does Brett realise his brother won't be playing for either Canberra or Parra? Has anyone told him that?

Does Brett realise that he's played for over 10 years with his brother at one club, won two grand finals. Seems like school yard antics from Brett.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Loobs said:
Does Brett realise his brother won't be playing for either Canberra or Parra? Has anyone told him that?

Does Brett realise that he's played for over 10 years with his brother at one club, won two grand finals. Seems like school yard antics from Brett.

What antics?

Loobs said:

All i will say is , i wouldnt put money on that just yet...

and it MAY also be a long season.... things have not calmed down at all at our club... ( unfortunately )

Does anyone on here actually know anything or are we purely, collectively speculating based on media reports?
Some posters seem so sure about things which have not yet happened.
Is this certainty based on inside knowledge?

I can honestly say I know nothing about the inner workings of the club and the handling of the 'disgruntled' but I know I'll be supporting Manly for life, whoever plays.

Hey panash, im not sure how much you can say, but is this dissatisfaction in the club down to the players? The coaching staff? The board? The administration? Where is the fault. Complete communication breakdown?

Obviously our current model from the top down isn't working if some issues can fester for this long. While I don't want it played out in the media it would be nice if the club addressed the members and fans and we k ew what was been done to resolve these issues and the factionalisation of our club.

It's just not fun at the moment.

Snake said:

Would be a ridiculous question to ask

If you want to ask a question, ask if they think that Mason for King is a good deal and you are somewhere close to asking a question relevant to the situation

panash said:
Loobs said:

and it MAY also be a long season.... things have not calmed down at all at our club... ( unfortunately )

Source Panash??? OR is that just more rumours from "The Lurker"??

Mark from Brisbane said:
panash said:
Loobs said:

Source Panash??? OR is that just more rumours from "The Lurker"??

for me im happy to here what is said , though not always 100% correct on the outcome but always in the know involving the lead up to the issue..

Brett is still in a Manly jersey but is definitely NOT happy at the moment with the club , which is still causing unrest...

Watmough is gone , only thing in the way are contract issues... ( if he stays , wont be happy times )

Matai wants to stay however he WANTS a better contract , but he wont be released.

though what we must remember is that whatever we get told or hear towards the lead up of issues , everything can change in a split second by the guy who signs the cheques.

i DO NOT personally have a direct connection with anyone who is running the club.. though i find it very interesting what i get told and how close the outcome gets..

example - our game against cowboys/souths with choc / our game against scumdogs without choc

funny enough my sister in law works in NRMA safety department and has set down with tooves many many times in conferences. That however though is not my "source " though i joked with her once to give me his mobile number to discuss Manly tactics , but i had no luck ( LOL )

The only time i was mislead , was when i was told Foran was going to the scumdogs back in 2012 ( as we all know it was a close call )

Kiwi Eagle said:
Snake said:

Would be a ridiculous question to ask

If you want to ask a question, ask if they think that Mason for King is a good deal and you are somewhere close to asking a question relevant to the situation

It was in direct response to something someone else said in the thread about replacing Watmough and Snake with Mason.

joeboy said:
Hey panash, im not sure how much you can say, but is this dissatisfaction in the club down to the players? The coaching staff? The board? The administration? Where is the fault. Complete communication breakdown?

Obviously our current model from the top down isn't working if some issues can fester for this long. While I don't want it played out in the media it would be nice if the club addressed the members and fans and we k ew what was been done to resolve these issues and the factionalisation of our club.

Middle Management is where the problem lies. The Sea Eagles board are soft and they just agree

joeboy said:

I dont know exactly what the problems are , where they start and who starts them...

i think there is an attitude problem , and certain employees dont fear the employer , others sitting on the fence , important decisions dont get made because fearing the outcome...

The Manly employees have had it good for along time because the club hasnt made many big decisions , as soon as a big decision has been made "Glen " certain employees dont APPROVE.

conclusion - CAN OF WORMS

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6