Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
panash said:
joeboy said:
Hey panash, im not sure how much you can say, but is this dissatisfaction in the club down to the players? The coaching staff? The board? The administration? Where is the fault. Complete communication breakdown?

Obviously our current model from the top down isn't working if some issues can fester for this long. While I don't want it played out in the media it would be nice if the club addressed the members and fans and we k ew what was been done to resolve these issues and the factionalisation of our club.

It's just not fun at the moment.

I dont know exactly what the problems are , where they start and who starts them...

i think there is an attitude problem , and certain employees dont fear the employer , others sitting on the fence , important decisions dont get made because fearing the outcome...

The Manly employees have had it good for along time because the club hasnt made many big decisions , as soon as a big decision has been made "Glen " certain employees dont APPROVE.

conclusion - CAN OF WORMS

It is not a case of getting rid of Glen. The problem was the club didn't even speak to the guy, after playing 11 years at the club there is no excuse for not sitting down with the guy and chatting to him and saying this is what we can do, are you interested ? Surely thats not hard to do. Not much compassion shown, which is a shame

If what you say Harry is fact - that the club didn't explain the situation to Glenn - then it is inexcusable. But I find that hard to believe.

I find it hard to believe too since the media knew about the situation but if it makes a good story that people buy then who cares

Sounds a bit far fetched to me Harry

Club management were interviewed about the situation as it was going on and they explained what the issues where, hard to believe that they'd tell whoever asked the questions but not Glen

The Club communicated throughout the whole process with his Management. On that basis then I guess Harry is right that they didn't sit down with Glenn personally, but that's a pretty misleading way of putting it.

The Who said:
If what you say Harry is fact - that the club didn't explain the situation to Glenn - then it is inexcusable. But I find that hard to believe.

I know that happened for sure. Some people at the club need to learn people skills as so many players from All grades are wanting out

2015 Gains: Uiti Baker (2015), Blake Leary (2016), Zane Tetevano (Newcastle Knights, 2015), Brayden Wiliame (Newcastle Knights, 2016)

2015 Losses: Daniel Harrison (London Broncos), Jason King (retired), Glenn Stewart (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Re-Signed: Jamie Buhrer (2016), Peta Hiku (2017), Brenton Lawrence (2016), Jesse Sene-Lefao (2016), Tom Symonds (2016), Jorge Taufua (2016), Jake Trbojevic (2016), Tom Trbojevic (2016)

Net net we're doing OK on the retention/signing front...

Harry said:
The Who said:

I know that happened for sure. Some people at the club need to learn people skills as so many players from All grades are wanting out

G'day all,So these people with poor people skills have kept the nucleus of a great side together for many years but now they are the problem?Perhaps certain other people can't accept that change is inevitable and upset about losing their status, power and privilege?
I don't know what has happened for sure but human nature and egos are not just confined to any one side or group in an argument but self interest is always a pretty powerful tool.
cheers mike

mike walker said:
Harry said:
The Who said:

G'day all,So these people with poor people skills have kept the nucleus of a great side together for many years but now they are the problem?Perhaps certain other people can't accept that change is inevitable and upset about losing their status, power and privilege?
I don't know what has happened for sure but human nature and egos are not just confined to any one side or group in an argument but self interest is always a pretty powerful tool.
cheers mike

G'day Mike. So have manners and Courtesy unfortunately. There is no excuse from an organization for the boss not to sit down with one of his star employees who doesn't want him to leave and work out ways to keep him at his work who just happens to have represented his (state and country ) even If his company is struggling a bit. You don't put the red line through his employment without saying something and knowing the repercussions it will cause with his brother working there as well. There needs to be a broom put through the Sea Eagles Board and bring in young new fresh faces with modern thinking

Harry said:
There needs to be a broom put through the Sea Eagles Board and bring in young new fresh faces with modern thinking

How about a group of Silvertails posters? We do have all the answers.:D

Harry said:
mike walker said:
Harry said:
The Who said:

cheers mike

G'day Mike. So have manners and Courtesy unfortunately. There is no excuse from an organization for the boss not to sit down with one of his star employees who doesn't want him to leave and work out ways to keep him at his work who just happens to have represented his (state and country ) even If his company is struggling a bit. You don't put the red line through his employment without saying something and knowing the repercussions it will cause with his brother working there as well. There needs to be a broom put through the Sea Eagles Board and bring in young new fresh faces with modern thinking

But Harry, you have no evidence that this happened. Zero.
Why is it so many on here are so full of 'the media is bull****' attitude yet believe what they want? Ridiculous.

Only G. Stewart knows what really happened and he hasn't uttered a word.
Even if you say you have it on good authority from this very important person blah blah blah, you still don't really know. Organisations like this are full of gossip - they put the reputation of women in this area to shame.

What we know:
Glenn is gone.
That's it.
Oh, and he has been unavailable, through injury, to fulfil his playing contract for us a fair bit in the last few years.

Harry said:
mike walker said:
Harry said:
The Who said:

cheers mike

G'day all,As I said Harry I have no inside info to be able to make a judgement as to what was said to whom and can only have an opinion based around that.You may be privy to more of an insiders knowledge as to whether the decision not to retain Glen was explained to him adequately either professionally or courteously,but surely there must of been some dialogue between both parties about it?
In relation to courtesy,good manners,respect for others and common decency,they seem to play a rapidly diminishing part in most aspects of modern society not just football club contract negotiations and I agree that it would be better if more attention was paid to these basic principles.
cheers mike

I really get sick of the whole " blame the board" situation , which of course is the angle the journos have on this from " the leak" ( who is part of the board).

Now @Harry you seem to be the another one of the posters on here that have taken on the anti board deal, SO, how about for a change you propose how this board might be changed.

And I question if you even know how the board is made up, so failing that let me make you aware of the following, and I don't know the exact percentages but they will be close.

Penn Sport own 49%
Quantum own 39%
MWRLFC own 12%

SO, how do we "change the board" given that the Penn family are hardly going to give up their seats on the board, Phil Sidney ( Quantum) won't give up his seats, and the Football Club ( in essence owned by us....well partly by me but maybe not you) are there to represent the colours, name, keeping the games at Brookvale.

The board we have ain't going to change as they own the club, this is NOT like the board of BHP which is appointed and can be booted at any stage, this board is created by the owners.......so Mr Harry, how do you propose we change things to get a younger more dynamic board in place??

BUT perhaps you are confused???

Is it really the retention committee you should be targeting, which is Dave Perry, Geoff Toovey, Dave Warwick & Steve Gigg, ALL of whom are MWSE employees.

I'm not here defending the MWSE board, but I get peeved at the constant " blame the board" comments on here

Mark I would love for one of the owners, who can plainly see the dysfunction as much as we can, put the good of the club ahead of their own interest

To be honest at this point who cares who owns the club as long as they are financial viable (in the long term)

As long as we have the current structre we will have the current problems. The issue (as I see it) is the club has become a battle of ego which is only going to continue to end in a poor outcome for the club

Take the Glenn situation. The fact there have been multiple leaks (contrasting) shows that there is conflict at a board level

We have been in the top 8 for 10 years straight and our board is dysfunctional?? What does that make the boards of Parra, Tigers, Titans, Dragons. etc etc?:-/

lsz said:
Mark I would love for one of the owners, who can plainly see the dysfunction as much as we can, put the good of the club ahead of their own interest

To be honest at this point who cares who owns the club as long as they are financial viable (in the long term)

As long as we have the current structre we will have the current problems. The issue (as I see it) is the club has become a battle of ego which is only going to continue to end in a poor outcome for the club

Take the Glenn situation. The fact there have been multiple leaks (contrasting) shows that there is conflict at a board level

Unless Hugh Jackman ( or similar ) buy us out the structure is here to stay.

I for one don't believe the board had a great deal to do with Gifty's departure, I think the retention committee probably said " this is what we are going to do", obviously " the leak" would have been against it but couldn't garner enough support for it to be overruled.

As to the " dysfunction" I'm not so sure, certainly in the past where Bob O'Reilly was still in control of the Football Club, but now Vidmar and Julie Sibraa sit on the board, and to be honest I can't think of too many people LESS confrontational than those two.

And as we have heard the FC doesn't side just with Quantum, often they vote with the Penns so I don't think it's totally a " them and us" situation.

I'd suggest that the board " might" be as harmonious as it's been for many years BUT that's only because we aren't reading much these days in the newspapers to suggest anything else.

weev said:
lsz said:

= Peter Peters

So who leaks the opposite story to smh? You are kidding to think there is only one leak

Mark either partner has the means to buy the other - but can you see them selling?

I would say the only reason the board is not in the papers is due to the player issues....which , according to some, is a result of the board

The divisions on the board are terminal.

We as fans just want a competitive team out there every week of the season.

I do hope that we get someone one day like a Hugh Jackman who will take over and get some people on the board who listen to the fans.

As much as I do not like to admit it, Souffs are miles ahead of us in the way they market their club.

We need to promote our brand better and the board squabbling needs to stop but we know it wont under the current regime.

The most disturbing thing for me, has been the lack of professionalism and lack of transparency when it comes to recent player retention, this has wrongly been played out in the media instead of within the club and its really damaged the club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8