Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only buy out would be a buy in where the new "owners" pay overs to Penn and quantum to own say 1/3 of the shares {that the the football club don't own} (88%) so they own 29% each with two votes each and the fc has its one vote. I would expect the club to be worth $12 million to 15 million so someone would have to pay say 5 million for less than a third of the club. The only way penns would sell any shares is if they thought they were getting a better deal than market prices.

Didn't Kaspersky try and buy in - nobody selling though. I thought URM also had or wanted a chunk of the club.

Would be nice to punt the lot of the current mob and have a real business run the club. No egos just a clear vision and a united board driving forward as one. Only interested in success and growing the club and membership.

Jerry1 said:
Didn't Kaspersky try and buy in - nobody selling though. I thought URM also had or wanted a chunk of the club.

Would be nice to punt the lot of the current mob and have a real business run the club. No egos just a clear vision and a united board driving forward as one. Only interested in success and growing the club and membership.

Like kaspersky.

Penns URM quantum wolverine fc all 20% each would be ideal.

I hope one day we could see a model of ownership that is like Barcelona FC have.

It is a true democracy and the fans have their say about how the want the club to run.

Maybe oneday that can happen.

I actually think a multi owner scenario is a good thing. good in that if one of them goes belly up elsewhere, then the Sea Eagles would remain relatively unaffected (with that share having to be resold or taken up internally).

Having one owner, with total control is the worst possible situation.

Just imagine if you will, one owner, who then gets an offer from ANZ Stadium for a guaranteed $150K profit per game, regardless of how many turn up.

They can sell memberships (which would become virtually straight out profit), can care less about "rainy days", or "trying to fill the hill when we play the Bronco's", and make a far bigger profit than they do now at poor old Brookvale.

I couldn't guarantee it BUT, I would be very surprised that if we had one owner, and no Football Club that this would be the outcome for the club.

This by the way is not being critical of any current shareholder, just stating that if a one owner model was to happen they would have complete and absolute control over whatever was done with the club!!

But we have the football club to ensure that can not happen

Much like the crap about the pens wanting to move the club which nothing more than bs

Harry said:
panash said:
joeboy said:
Hey panash, im not sure how much you can say, but is this dissatisfaction in the club down to the players? The coaching staff? The board? The administration? Where is the fault. Complete communication breakdown?

Obviously our current model from the top down isn't working if some issues can fester for this long. While I don't want it played out in the media it would be nice if the club addressed the members and fans and we k ew what was been done to resolve these issues and the factionalisation of our club.

It's just not fun at the moment.

I dont know exactly what the problems are , where they start and who starts them...

i think there is an attitude problem , and certain employees dont fear the employer , others sitting on the fence , important decisions dont get made because fearing the outcome...

The Manly employees have had it good for along time because the club hasnt made many big decisions , as soon as a big decision has been made "Glen " certain employees dont APPROVE.

conclusion - CAN OF WORMS

It is not a case of getting rid of Glen. The problem was the club didn't even speak to the guy, after playing 11 years at the club there is no excuse for not sitting down with the guy and chatting to him and saying this is what we can do, are you interested ? Surely thats not hard to do. Not much compassion shown, which is a shame

The club was always in talks with Glen's management and both parties knew what was happening.
These days the player manager takes part in the majority of the talks because of the $$$$...

can you imagine with every little hiccup in contract talks , tooves sits down with each player and discusses ?? ( it doesnt happened ).

some say however , that Glen was never going to get the contract he wanted.... reasons are - you & i can try to work them out ( i have no idea ).i wasnt there and i dont have shares in the club.

so obviously the outcome was that glen had to worry about whats best for him...

Everyone has forgotten about Kite .... the cookie started crumbling amongst the play group then but it wasnt as obvious until Glen signed else where...

do you remember how Kite was throwing his 10 cents worth earlier this year in interviews regarding Matai/Glen and manly contracts ???

its unfortunate that this game/clubs have become a business and decisions on separating play groups happens ,clubs move on players stay bitter...

correct if im wrong but the manly playing group in the last 10 years hasnt really changed but other clubs chop & change every few years...

The boys at Manly liked and got used to playing /being together for along time , so its obviously bothering them that things are changing , but unfortunately some dont want see its a business and decisions are made for the future of the club.

Glen was never stranded or clueless regarding his contract negotiations.

It would be very hard for the players who have been a very close knit group for a long time to suddenly be " broken up", but it was always going to happen and the players need to understand and act their age not their shoe size.

I think the club erred over Gift but not giving the guy a straight answer about his next contract..
I also must say that he was able to secure a contract with the vermin very fast.

Player managers have several options for their clients and Gift got a contract easy as.

The true legacy of Hasler has shone through, he thought he was bigger than the club in the way he was in charge of contracts and when he was stopped he took the coin and buggered off.

The way the rebel players have behaved mirrors his behaviour in some ways and really the club just has to draw a line in the sand with these guys and move on.

As a member and fan I have had a gutful of all of this. Lets move on!!

Brett's had very little to say publicly since this whole saga with his brother happened months ago. As such, I believe most of the speculation in the media, "linking" him to other clubs has come directly from Peters.

We need to remember, Brett has probably only got 2 years left in his playing career or 3 at the very most. He's already got a 2 year contract at Manly for good money. If he was to change clubs, the only place I can see him wanting to go to is Parramatta and it would need to be for more money. However even that is contingent on Manly granting him a release.

Before Hayne made his announcement, I'd have said it was unlikely but not so much now. Parramatta would have the money but do they want to spend it on Brett? Maybe… maybe not.

sheridanstand78 said:
I think the club erred over Gift but not giving the guy a straight answer about his next contract..
I also must say that he was able to secure a contract with the vermin very fast.

Player managers have several options for their clients and Gift got a contract easy as.

The true legacy of Hasler has shone through, he thought he was bigger than the club in the way he was in charge of contracts and when he was stopped he took the coin and buggered off.

The way the rebel players have behaved mirrors his behaviour in some ways and really the club just has to draw a line in the sand with these guys and move on.

As a member and fan I have had a gutful of all of this. Lets move on!!

NEW BUNNY RARING TO GO!
Details: http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/?p=13454

That article makes you wanna puke doesn't it?

Gift wearing the colours of the vermin, ewww

Shame that this was not sorted out when he first hurt his ankle in April but we at least know that the team managed to do pretty well without him.

As hard as this is to say, good luck at Souffs Gifty!!

sheridanstand78 said:
That article makes you wanna puke doesn't it?

Gift wearing the colours of the vermin, ewww

Shame that this was not sorted out when he first hurt his ankle in April but we at least know that the team managed to do pretty well without him.

As hard as this is to say, good luck at Souffs Gifty!!

He is a lovely guy Gifty, quiet and so down to earth. I wish him nothing but success

Sad but life goes on, and I admire Gifty ( to date) a lot said about him but none of it said by him.

I hope this is the way it pans out, if once he gets a bunnies Jersey on he does a big dump on the club I'll have a different opinion.

Players like Beaver / Kite and many others who were moved on never bagged the club, in my opinion in the world of professional sport this is the way it should be, at the end of the day its nothing more than a business for players / clubs, it's only the fans who " buy in" to the emotional side of things.

globaleagle said:
meh, just another rabbitohs player now.

He'll play out his two years at the Rabbits and then go down as a Manly legend. No one remembers Fulton as anything but Manly, ditto Vautin.

Mitch said:
For what it's worth, Dean Ritchie (who has a very close relationship with Zorba) said that Snake will not be released from the last two years of his contract, yesterday on the big sports breakfast.

He also said Watmough will be released when he arrives back from holidays, Matai will stay and may extend shortly and Willie Mason is close to a done deal.

Considering all that has "apparently" gone down, I'll take that outcome any day of the week!

Mitch said:
For what it's worth, Dean Ritchie (who has a very close relationship with Zorba) said that Snake will not be released from the last two years of his contract, yesterday on the big sports breakfast.

He also said Watmough will be released when he arrives back from holidays, Matai will stay and may extend shortly and Willie Mason is close to a done deal.

F#%king Zorba, that's who we need cleansing of!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8