Sportsbet: Knights will beat Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Ryan, wee Lachie is from the Goulbourn hi'lands and a member of the tough Croker clan .... he will do his job, he won't let us down.

Hope so mate. I claimed Vaeliki was going to be the next big thing for us when he signed, and I also stated Matai couldn't tackle, and was rubbish when he started with us. I claimed Cuthbertson would be a good winger, and thought Shane Nuemann was going to kill.

Based on these examples, my predictions and projections should be screwed up into a ball, thrown into a dunny, flushed, then reflushed to make sure no remnants remained hahaha.

Croker will probably end up playing for Australia now, and be the next immortal. LOL

Hope so mate. I claimed Vaeliki was going to be the next big thing for us when he signed, and I also stated Matai couldn't tackle, and was rubbish when he started with us. I claimed Cuthbertson would be a good winger, and thought Shane Nuemann was going to kill.

Based on these examples, my predictions and projections should be screwed up into a ball, thrown into a dunny, flushed, then reflushed to make sure no remnants remained hahaha.

Croker will probably end up playing for Australia now, and be the next immortal. LOL
Yeah, my biggies were Ben Kennedy is busted and finished ... and when Glen Lazarus left Canberra to go to Melb weighing 400kg's I said he was a waste of space .....

Wrong both times .....

Yeah, my biggies were Ben Kennedy is busted and finished ... and when Glen Lazarus left Canberra to go to Melb weighing 400kg's I said he was a waste of space .....

Wrong both times .....

GOLD !

I remember ranting & screaming at Des Hasler for bringing this short, fat, lephrecaun (apologies for the spelling there) in Glenn Stewart into the league. According to me, the guy was going to get completely dominated, and thrown around like a rag doll, and the only reason he was at the club, was so Brett would stay. Hahahaha

Yup, played for Australia.

Ben Kennedy literally almost single handedly turned this club around. Tbh, I thought along the same lines as you. People were talking about his knees being shot, he had slowed down etc etc etc, **** me we were lucky to somehow get him.

GOLD !

I remember ranting & screaming at Des Hasler for bringing this short, fat, lephrecaun (apologies for the spelling there) in Glenn Stewart into the league. According to me, the guy was going to get completely dominated, and thrown around like a rag doll, and the only reason he was at the club, was so Brett would stay. Hahahaha

Yup, played for Australia.

Ben Kennedy literally almost single handedly turned this club around. Tbh, I thought along the same lines as you. People were talking about his knees being shot, he had slowed down etc etc etc, **** me we were lucky to somehow get him.

I like your reverse psychology mate, don’t stop at Croker keep going through the rest of the backline ;)

Didn"t write Glen Stewart off but just thought that he would be an average and reliable and mainly depth player . But what a transformation when he quickly developed into such a tough and gifted team back rower for Manly and rep player. No doubt or probably in the minority but had to agree at the time when Manly did [ albeit ] reluctantly release him .

Tonight showed what two working halves in Widdop and Hunt can do to an opposition.
I just don't think we'll have the creativity to beat The Knights.
We'll try hard, and look good (and most will compliment our performance). I just don't see a win for a month or so.

We do have DCE

Newcastle will be dangerous, they have played the last couple of seasons with a massive amount of heart even when they knew they had little chance of winning. They have recruited well so will now think they are in with a decent chance against other teams. They will not give up so we need to be game on for 80mins tonight

And I think it's been determined he excels with an organiser next to him. He did pretty poorly with Walker next to him remember. And Barrett has already claimed Crokers minutes will be protected and sheltered.[/QUOTE]

I am hoping that we win the forward battle and that frees DCE up and helps him get on the front foot.

Tonight showed what two working halves in Widdop and Hunt can do to an opposition.

I just don't think we'll have the creativity to beat The Knights.

We'll try hard, and look good (and most will compliment our performance). I just don't see a win for a month or so.
Have to disagree with this.

In my opinion, the Dragons game showed what a couple of working halves can do when their forward pack pounds the opposition pack into submission. Ben Hunt still had his typical howling errors and Widdop is honest and effective but when his pack was struggling in 2015-2016, he was won of the least effective halves in the entire NRL. He was in danger of being without a contract at one point until his form spiked when Vaughan, Packer and Mcinnes came along and the pack started firing.

The Broncos stayed on the bus last night and were terrible. The Dragons pack looked a yard faster, fitter and stronger. A lot of that would just be down to enthusiasm and the Saints out enthused the Broncos in all facets of play.

But only one mans opinion.

Last edited:
I remember 2012 when St George went up to Marathon and Bennett was coaching in his first game with Newcastle. They had a gun side on paper and the place was a sell out. St George had depleted stocks and were tipped to be out enthused by a club on the rise.

St George won that match and Manly will win this match tonight.

Tom T, DCE, Jorge, Kelly ..... nah, we've had worse.

Not sure if you realise you named Kelly. I dont think I have seen a worse defensive centre in the nrl.

Anyway I will be cheering us on and there is nothing like upsetting the party.

I hate The Knights with a passion.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12