"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Ridge Effort may have been against Saints or Roosters I think.

It was at the Southern end of the ground about half way between the Maccas side corner post and the goal post. The player stretched out and ridge put his foot out and kicked the ball out, he was still standing and the palyer was at full stretch.

I remember it well :)

So...he gets warned for his antics in the grand final, where he slid in twice. Warned that sterner action would be taken.
Low and behold..he does it in the next game AND HE STILL GETS A WARNING???? ???

Now, I am not anti Melbourne or Slater, (but I am getting there), but this is incredible. Then I read the papers and they say that he is lucky he didn't make contact, so its OK. By that logic,if I aimed a gun at someone, fired, then missed, then I would get off any charge?? (A bit over the top, but you know what I mean)
Of course Matai gets rubbed out....

Rubgy league is ruled by morons. If it were run by the AFL, (Crap sport, brilliantly marketed) then it would be one of the top games on the planet.

He is a protected species. He is a number one group but still gets sympathy  because a low act prevents him winning the Dally M. Pathetic.

he is a dog. Every time he touched the ball, even though he played for Australia I was hoping someone would smash him and yelling things to that effect also

Its sucks to lose but could it have happened in any better fashion?

Suck that one up you cocky little ****.

I'd love to know what Orford found so amusing when congratulating Slater post-game.  Maybe he was suggesting it was a good thing we'd scored so few tries as it prevented Slater from sliding into our players feet first.

Slater was exceptional tonight and showed us up.  He was in everything.  Brett needs another ten games to get back up to his silky best.  Next season I think.

have to agree with both C&C, and DSM5. I was at the game, and not only was he excellent, but got the crowd into the game whenever he touched the ball.

The one thing I enjoyed most was when Brett ran Slater down midway throughthe second half

His 3rd try should never have been as in my opinion, Cronk's pass to Johnson (at the 43:31 minute mark) leading up to the try was forward as Johnson caught the ball a good two sprinting paces ahead of where the ball was passed.

None of the calls went Manly's way tonight but we did not play well enough to deserve any. Slater was awesome and deserves every plaudit he gets. He is still a grub though!!!

Canteen Worker link said:
None of the calls went Manly's way tonight but we did not play well enough to deserve any. Slater was awesome and deserves every plaudit he gets. He is still a grub though!!!

Agreed (especially the last bit).

Slater was spectacular, one of the best broken field performances I have ever seen. He also was humble after the game.

Not much more to say, lets hope we don't see him again this year unless it is the GF.

NYEagle

how pathetic was that i hate billy and all those melbourne wankers what did the boys think this was just a nothing game the broncos will win then it only takes newcastle or parra to win and were gone and i bet it happens what a bunch of idiots.

Why does it rain on the good and the bad? It makes me so angry that such an absolute dickhead has any talent at all.

If life was fair Orford would be a worldbeater and Slater and his mates would be loosing games somewhere in park football.

Theres only one billy slater
With a packet of sweets and
a cheeky smile
Slater is a dirty peadophile :)

super song that :)
(for comedy reasons only in no way do i think that grub slater has sex with kids because even they wouldnt root him)

Was a joke

I said to Lauren at the ground that Slater or Inglis would get it.

The most deserving was Archer, when the big play was needed, he delivered yet again for Melbourne

Blair was their best by a mile, and I would have rated Hoffman, Cronk and Inglis ahead of him from the Storm, along with Grothe, Moi Moi and Hindmarsh for the Eels

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8