Tagatese

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly are close to bolstering their pack for 2018 by signing giant Sharks forward Sam Tagataese.

A member of the Sharks’ grand final winning team last season, 30-year-old Samoan international Tagataese is off-contract and has been unable to come to terms with the premiers.

Sea Eagles supremo Bob Fulton has always been a fan of big men - and the 193cm, 110kg prop fits the bill and will be a fine addition to an already strong pack.

Tagataese began his top grade career at Melbourne in 2007 and has over 150 top grade games to his name at the Storm, Titans and Sharks.

Several clubs were keen on him for 2018 but the Sea Eagles look to have won the battle and will welcome him to Brookvale for two seasons.

Despite many of your thoughts looks like he's heading our way.

I'm guessing then that the Klemmer rumour is just that now!

Taupau, Lussick, AFB, Perrett, Tagatese, Tanginoa, Sipley.
Just about there, although 'Bozo loves props' so one more to come would not surprise me.

I remember him single-handedly taking us down on a cold night at the Goldy when he was a Titan.
I've always been a fan .... another centre that made a great forward. I would not be unhappy giving him a year or two ... great replacement for BJ

Klemmer won't come to Manly unless Des get sacked. He is currently signed for next year to the Dogs but has a get out clause if Des isn't there. My mail says he wants to come to Manly if the event occurs but currently cannot get a release.

Where does all this error chat come from ? This season has played 9 games for 1 error, last year made 13 for the season in 21 games, hardly terrible stats, Taupau has already made more than that this season

Could be a good signing along the likes of Smoking Joe. Look what good value he gave us. You have to remember we have a pretty inexperienced forward pack.

If you add Taniela Paseka to that list I think we're well & truly covered for Props.......now for a back rower!!!!

We have enjoyed success using bench forwards with previous grand final winning experience at other clubs (Gulavao, Rodney) and Tagatese fits this bill.

Where does all this error chat come from ? This season has played 9 games for 1 error, last year made 13 for the season in 21 games, hardly terrible stats, Taupau has already made more than that this season

Also, in the last 3 seasons he has played 50 games and only given away 9 penalties. Useful given our current malaise in this area!

Would be a solid, experienced pickup. Hits big and runs hard.

This is a great signing! Great fit for the team as we need a roll player losing BJ. Some might say whats the point moving BJ on just to sign Sam but its a no brainer really. BJ has been on ok money at Manly and has outplayed his contract value just like how Hiku did. They are great players that deserve what they are worth. We now need a roll player that won't break the bank that will do the same job. Sam has the same body type and same game as BJ, you can see why this move has been made. IN saying this, this move is to free up more cap space so look for a big signing or 2 to come afterwards.

Tagatese is a big Tank with 2 good years left in him .
I have never seen him come on to the field and not make his presence felt .
Strong powerful player.
Good value pick up
Sharks loss is our gain
img0218.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10