Terry Hill RIP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes it sure puts things into perspective. I myself will be turning 49 in less than 3 months time. I lost some years there and wasted quite a few. I have to keep reminding myself I'm not in my 30's anymore far from it lol. I try my best to focus on my health but my mental health sure gets in the way of that at times. I always end up hitting a brick wall but I always seem to get back up in time and try and learn by my mistakes gradually. Tobacco is my curse. I am getting closer to eliminating them. In the last 6 or 7 months I have managed around 7 or 8 brief stints tobacco free (1-2 weeks). It's getting to that critical time for me now. Time is running out.
Apparently the physical addiction is gone in 48 hours ,from what I learnt at the time and its just the power of the habit that remains . I gave up cold turkey years ago and disassociated my smoking habits like with beer or coffee etc one day at a time and haven't been back since .If you can get thru the 1st few days you probably have a great chance of quitting forever .
Anyways good luck mate
Thanks. Yeah, I notice after around 10 days or so I start powering and feeling well in control. I'm an idiot for going back to them after that long because I have the strength to keep going. It's all in my head. And I don't even enjoy smoking anymore. It throws everything out of whack, my routine, health, sleep, motivation, metabolism, frame of mind, savings. I'm pretty confident I have reached the final straw and I have set myself some targets to reach before 50 and a lot of those revolve around having money and being fit and healthy. Smoking just wastes the years, kills the years. I will keep you posted over the coming months. Enough is enough 👍
Im not an authority or anything but its like I mentioned in the No look News thread that until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change you will stay the same. So all those things you mentioned as benefits of you giving up for good you will miss out on. What does that mean to you?
Think of it like the heart attack victim who gets told that unless he gives up the fags, cheese and beer he will be dead in 6 months, guess what if he wants to live (i.e the pain of avoiding impending death is greater than the perceived pleasure of the fags, beer and cheese ) the patient gives up those things ,simple.
The other thing I used to ask myself is that is that little inert stick of poison more powerful than my mind and body to resist it ? The answer has to be NO !!
Anyways good luck Dan and Go Manly against the cheating hands in the air squeals .They will be pumped for us after last week so we need to go hard at them for 80 minutes and not give them an inch. may we put 60 on them !!
Do it for Tezza Manly

Nope. He was married to a Phillipino woman. His sister was married to Scott Fulton I believe but happy to stand corrected.
I always thought he was first married to Kristie Fulton. They must have divorced and then he married a Filipino woman.

Very shocked to hear this, sad news indeed. Have many memories of Tezza both on and off the field - one of Manly's great centres, he loved to sledge, had some ding-dongs with various players and famously with Tallis. Gave many laughs on the Footy Show, like with Nads at the Dapto races.

Fondly remember meeting him and getting a photo with Tezza and Tooves holding the Optus Cup at a fan day at Brookie after winning the 1996 Grand Final.

Condolences to his family. RIP Tezza...

I remember a function (think it was at TAFE) for the printing industry I went to where Terry and a couple other young footy players attended.
I was an apprentice printer at the time and so were they.
There was a fed afterwards of party pies, sausage rolls and that kind of stuff. You could tell there was enough for all of us to have 2 to 3 of each but the footy players piled their plates up leaving the majority of us nothing.

I don't know if they just didn't care or weren't switched on enough that there was only enough if we took 2-3 each.
Terry was having a great time joking around but I do remember him saying he didn't really enjoy the trade but he wasn't smart enough to do much else.

In the top 10 of my favourite players to play for Manly.

What an absolute tragedy. So bloody young.
It was an absolute tragedy the way he let him self go
He could have enjoyed a longer and better standard of life if he looked after himself

It did not have to end this way
1713965606224.png

On 360 a tooves memory

paul langmack approaches tooves as opposition captain and asks tooves ti tell tezza to STFU as it was annoying the **** out of him

anasta reckons tezza followed all over the field bagging him early

tezza, a zetland and manly champion.one of my all time favorite players. big, strong, fast and all in . Loved his battles with renouf

i recall a game where tezz is held upright by 2 broncos and renouf trots in with a sneeky payback to the chops. Tezza is blowing up deluxe, pointing at renouf, the ref while these 2 broncos players srtuggling to contain him and renouf retreats to the ad line

tezza gave to ro renouf for a few years. Always a highlight

On 360 a tooves memory

paul langmack approaches tooves as opposition captain and asks tooves ti tell tezza to STFU as it was annoying the **** out of him

anasta reckons tezza followed all over the field bagging him early

tezza, a zetland and manly champion.one of my all time favorite players. big, strong, fast and all in . Loved his battles with renouf

i recall a game where tezz is held upright by 2 broncos and renouf trots in with a sneeky payback to the chops. Tezza is blowing up deluxe, pointing at renouf, the ref while these 2 broncos players srtuggling to contain him and renouf retreats to the ad line

tezza gave to ro renouf for a few years. Always a highlight
I have a memory that sticks out from his last season in 2005, we were playing the Warriors in Auckland, Toopi turned up with a ridiculous haircut, Terry was absolutely relentless with him, and early in the 2nd half the hook came out for Toopi

Another one was when you could hear over the audio that he was hammering the touchie calling him a “fcking imbecile” and the touchie kept asking him to repeat it so he did

And there was the classic at the Tigers when he was pretending to be knocked out and they poured water on his face and he came around

Thanks. Yeah, I notice after around 10 days or so I start powering and feeling well in control. I'm an idiot for going back to them after that long because I have the strength to keep going. It's all in my head. And I don't even enjoy smoking anymore. It throws everything out of whack, my routine, health, sleep, motivation, metabolism, frame of mind, savings. I'm pretty confident I have reached the final straw and I have set myself some targets to reach before 50 and a lot of those revolve around having money and being fit and healthy. Smoking just wastes the years, kills the years. I will keep you posted over the coming months. Enough is enough 👍
Good luck... I managed to kick the habit 22 years ago.
Yet still, I sometimes fancy one but thankfully those urges are so easily dismissed now.
It's a blight that tobacco companies can still peddle their poison!

Yes it sure puts things into perspective. I myself will be turning 49 in less than 3 months time. I lost some years there and wasted quite a few. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not in my 30's anymore far from it lol. I try my best to focus on my health but my mental health sure gets in the way of that at times. I always end up hitting a brick wall but I always seem to get back up in time and try and learn by my mistakes gradually. Tobacco is my curse. I am getting closer to eliminating them. In the last 6 or 7 months I have managed around 7 or 8 brief stints tobacco free (1-2 weeks). It's getting to that critical time for me now. Time is running out.
Good luck with kicking your addiction - I was a shocking chain smoker in my younger years 5 packs of Camel /day, I managed finally to give it up with the help of acupuncture and a course of vitamins ( I can't remember but I know one was vitamin b3 (nicotinamide) .... you still need strong will power - I haven't smoked now for 43 years

Last edited:
Yeah, smokes are insidious alright . I just limit myself to 2 cafe creme blue small cigars on match days, one at the start and the other at half-time. And that's it.

I have a memory that sticks out from his last season in 2005, we were playing the Warriors in Auckland, Toopi turned up with a ridiculous haircut, Terry was absolutely relentless with him, and early in the 2nd half the hook came out for Toopi

Another one was when you could hear over the audio that he was hammering the touchie calling him a “fcking imbecile” and the touchie kept asking him to repeat it so he did

And there was the classic at the Tigers when he was pretending to be knocked out and they poured water on his face and he came around
That tigers moment was hysterical!

Sad loss. Great player and Manly legend. Way too young and a reminder how life can be cut short.

RIP Tezza

Dickhead comment that isn’t required
I am not sure how you have perceived this inside your head feathered friend
But my sad comment was the sad truth that led to the very sad ending .
It was sad to see Tez that way and it did not have to end this way

My comment was out of pure sad frustration of remembering a fine Athlete and how he let him self go and as a result he was gone too early

You are entitled to our own comments on this forum and we will agree to disagree and I hope you are looking after your health so you can give your self the very best change of living a long quality life .
Take care

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10