The Ashes 2021 / 22 (in Aust)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Hoff is a big loss though. He has been unbelievably consistent across all formats.

I will feel a bit for Neser if they go for Richardson, as he has performed consistently for a long time now. It just shows you how hard it can be to break into the Test team.

Who would you pick if Warner is out? I'd be happy if they went with youth instead of bringing Usman back, as much as I'm an Usman fan. They say the young QLD bloke has got a great temperament, so against the pink ball that would be a huge benefit.
I would play Uzzie, he was unfortunate not to be in the eleven at the Gabba, no runs against the Lions though.

Street is an old style opener who is difficult to dismiss, I think Street would be a good partner for Warner.

Harris and Uzzie if Warner is out, the best performed picked to partner Warner on Boxing Day if Warmer is fit.

Are you getting used to the name and numbers on the back of the shirts?

did you not notice them?

Or do they still bug ya?

I know the Pom’s over rate was abysmal, but gee they got hit hard for it. I would have preferred that Joe Root be suspended instead.

The Hoff is a big loss though. He has been unbelievably consistent across all formats.

I will feel a bit for Neser if they go for Richardson, as he has performed consistently for a long time now. It just shows you how hard it can be to break into the Test team.

Who would you pick if Warner is out? I'd be happy if they went with youth instead of bringing Usman back, as much as I'm an Usman fan. They say the young QLD bloke has got a great temperament, so against the pink ball that would be a huge benefit.
I'd go Khawaja for sure if Warner is out. His home record is good at test level, he can open and he is experienced - basically everything you are looking for to replace Warner. I wouldn't put a rookie in with Harris for a short term 1 Test fix.

Gee Harris needs a good knock though, he just can't keep scratching out 30's or 40's and then get caught somewhere between keeper and point. His test average is low 20's and his first class average isn't that great either. I don't really rate him to be honest, so if he doesn't get a good score in the next couple of tests I'd be giving him the flick for some fresh blood, especially if we are up 3-0.

I'd go Khawaja for sure if Warner is out. His home record is good at test level, he can open and he is experienced - basically everything you are looking for to replace Warner. I wouldn't put a rookie in with Harris for a short term 1 Test fix.

Gee Harris needs a good knock though, he just can't keep scratching out 30's or 40's and then get caught somewhere between keeper and point. His test average is low 20's and his first class average isn't that great either. I don't really rate him to be honest, so if he doesn't get a good score in the next couple of tests I'd be giving him the flick for some fresh blood, especially if we are up 3-0.
Completely agree re Harris. He scored a bucketload of runs in the shield the last couple of years and has earned his chance, but he just looks like a guy that isn’t good enough for the next level. It’s not long ago that I thought the same about Travis Head, although Travis’ 30s and 40s always looked good.

I know the Pom’s over rate was abysmal, but gee they got hit hard for it. I would have preferred that Joe Root be suspended instead.

I missed the punishment (I was on smoko), so what happened Mr Ranga?

I missed the punishment (I was on smoko), so what happened Mr Ranga?
lol they the entire team was fined 100% of their match fee, which was $27k each! (And they lost 5 world test championship points, but that’s nothing cause they won’t make the final anyway…)

lol they the entire team was fined 100% of their match fee, which was $27k each! (And they lost 5 world test championship points, but that’s nothing cause they won’t make the final anyway…)

wow.

Makes the trip worth it! lol

then again, bowl faster! We don't need to see an in-depth discussion after every ****ing ball!

Cummins is out of the Adelaide Test after being confirmed as a close contact to a positive covid case

Adelaide Team.jpg

So Anderson and Broad are in (good for eng)

But no spinner at Adelaide...(not so good for eng? I dunno)

Hoping Harris gets some runs. I mean it's his 9th chance and all that.

Harris 3 runs 28 balls

Labuschagne 3 runs (not out) 2 balls.

Maybe Eng did a rope-a-dope in the first test to win the series 4-1...???

Really tough batting today by Warner and Marnus. Slow, slow but I had the chance to watch it all this arvo and found it quite enthralling.
England need to take at least 5 wickets tonite. If they have to bowl for long in tomorrow's heat they'll wilt quickly.

stumps...

2-221 (boo, if only it was 2-222 Ritchie!)

94 and 95 are good scores but it's cricket so I'm guessing Warner really wanted to convert both of those into 100's (obv).

I didn't see the drop of Labuschagne but I read he was thanking his lucky stars and can't believe it was dropped so I'm guessing it was a sitter.

I don't see enough cricket so very interested in Aust's bowling attack. I thought Eng would be better with Broad and Anderson, and Aust might not be as effective with the two relative newbies.

Hoping for a good first innings score, and an attack that can get those 10 wickets. (I guess I wish for that every time Aust bat first...)

Anyway, cricket!

For some reason I get 'willow' the cricket channel over here but they certainly hate putting Australian matches on unless they're playing India, Pakistan, the West Indies, or Sri Lanka.

The replays of the recent world cup has the non aust semi final 400 times and the actual final twice.

No ashes coverage but some 10 over a side games... anyway, it's overly obvious and sucks.

It's forced me to go 'fishing' and find a really good 'stream' to fish in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6