The clean out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was happy to lose week in, week out Last year because I thought finally, it will expose the dead weight and we could make the changes needed...
We didn't.. we pick the same useless players and expect a different result... Of our starting 17, 11 or 12 wouldn't get a gig in any other team... I can't see where our next win comes from...
This team is just bad . Can't sugar coat it, can't make excuses for it... They are just a dreadful, dreadful team that deserve a wooden spoon..

Losing by 30 to dragons. That will do me.. and I tipped dragons, just didn't think they would do it this easily
Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

As much as I admire DCE, it would be a good time to move him on. His career has had many great moments but it looks to me that he is in steep decline now.

I will be happy to see Dylan Walker and Martin Taupau’s time at Manly come to a finish. They have been an overall disappointment for me and I don’t see them taking us to any significant success.

Also would like to see if someone like Brent Kite would consider coaching the side in the coming seasons.
Agreed it would be nice to move DCE on..but at 1.3m for three more years we are stuck with him. We would either have to find someone dumb enough to take him on at that price..doubtful given current form. Or pay perhaps 500k-600k freight to shift him then sign another halfback for 700k.

Suli had a bad miss on Simms but is being exposed other times with two runners coming at him and not really his fault , just need an edge forward to slip wider to counteract the block play with the extra man . Again , not sure why the talk and organizing is not there and it is on D C E 's side as well , that is where leadership is critical . Sometimes it seems that D C E is just playing in his own personal orbit , although he was a little better last night with his all round play . Not playing to a centre "s 550 k level but no doubt can if the opposition can be on the back foot more when he gets the ball and gets a little more help in defence . ,His tackling is good one on one and again should not really have to have two players coming at him at on a regular basis .

Suli had a bad miss on Simms but is being exposed other times with two runners coming at him and not really his fault , just need an edge forward to slip wider to counteract the block play with the extra man . Again , not sure why the talk and organizing is not there and it is on D C E 's side as well , that is where leadership is critical . Sometimes it seems that D C E is just playing in his own personal orbit , although he was a little better last night with his all round play . Not playing to a centre "s 550 k level but no doubt can if the opposition can be on the back foot more when he gets the ball and gets a little more help in defence . ,His tackling is good one on one and again should not really have to have two players coming at him at on a regular basis .
Agree with this 100%.

I think we need to learn how to catch the ball first then hold on to it. Don't matter who comes in for who and who goes. If we can not catch the ball then we will be catching the wooden spoon. Des needs to get real and whatever he's on he needs to get off it. So far this season looks shot to pieces.

Junior rugby league sides trained by amateur part time coaches make less errors than this mob.

I thought the players were the problem but it’s not we had the same team for two years and we never defended like this !!

I really think it’s the Penns if you’re a tight ass you will never be able to run an nrl club properly !!! We won’t improve until we get owners willing to spend some money
How is spending money going to get players to catch the football and TACKLE?

How is spending money going to get players to catch the football and TACKLE?
It's not for some of the present players. But money does buy professionalism, and we have a raft of junior players who could build Manly into the powerhouse this club once was. That's if we can keep them here.
Money, a professional environment and a savvy business-minded Board of Directors, the likes of which Easts have had for the past decade, will be needed if Manly wants to be competitive in the NRL.
I think if the club was purchased by a company with deep pockets and a desire to be a winner then it would only take two to three seasons before we were a title contender. Just look at how our junior teams are beating teams from current NRL powerhouse clubs. But if you were one of the promising youngsters would you commit to Manly in its current circumstances?

Agreed it would be nice to move DCE on..but at 1.3m for three more years we are stuck with him. We would either have to find someone dumb enough to take him on at that price..doubtful given current form. Or pay perhaps 500k-600k freight to shift him then sign another halfback for 700k.
Give the halfback role to cust.. spend the money elsewhere

Can we start the cleanout this week?

01. Tevita Funa
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Keiran Foran
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Cade Cust
10. Martin Taupau
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Daly Cherry Evans
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ben Trbojevic
17. Toafofoa Sipley
12 Jack needs to go to A grade, bring in Saddler to 13, Jake to 12

I'd get rid of Garrick too, his defense is crap

Time to sell off the following to clear some cap space,

Crocker
Siro
Walker
Tafua
Parker

With all our young group of players coming through and maybe one or two buys we will be competing with top 4 sides.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8