The clean out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My full strength team next year, and where I think the holes are:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Fullback Depth:
Wing Depth: Christian 18. Tuipulotu
Centre Depth: 19. Brad Parker, 20. Ben Trbojevic
Halves Depth: 21. Cade Cust, 22. Kaeo Weekes
Hooker Depth: 23. Jack Birt
Backrow / Lock Depth: 24. Zac Saddler
Prop Depth: 25. Toafofoa Sipley, 26. Sione Fainu, 27. Alec Tuitavake

Then two / three development players.

My focus would be a backup fullback, and someone to play regularly, and I'd be bringing Nicho Hynes back, so we don't have that dreadful fear about Tommy being the be all and end all of our season.
Nice looking team Ryan!

I’ve got concerns over how well DCE and Schuster will go in the halves together. Neither are great organisers. Foran is adding a lot in that area at the moment.

But on paper that’s a top 4 squad if we land a genuine backup FB and get the combos right.

My full strength team next year, and where I think the holes are:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Fullback Depth:
Wing Depth: Christian 18. Tuipulotu
Centre Depth: 19. Brad Parker, 20. Ben Trbojevic
Halves Depth: 21. Cade Cust, 22. Kaeo Weekes
Hooker Depth: 23. Jack Birt
Backrow / Lock Depth: 24. Zac Saddler
Prop Depth: 25. Toafofoa Sipley, 26. Sione Fainu, 27. Alec Tuitavake

Then two / three development players.

My focus would be a backup fullback, and someone to play regularly, and I'd be bringing Nicho Hynes back, so we don't have that dreadful fear about Tommy being the be all and end all of our season.
Great side - just don't think Fainu will be available - hope he is but have huge doubts.

Ryan has picked a very good side. Mine is very similar but has some key differences with the additions of Hynes as a centre and fullback cover for Turbo, and Connor Watson as the bench utility, as the only outside players into the squad. Foran gets another year as five-eight. Sironen plays from the bench. Suli, Harper, Davey, Cust and Sipley are all depth players outside the seventeen. Our 2021 development players get brought into the squad, and two/three others are brought through as 2022 development players.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Nico Hynes
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Connor Watson
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Curtis Sironen

Fullback Depth: 18. Koula
Wing Depth: 19. Tuipulotu 20. Moses Suli
Centre Depth: 21. Ben Trbojevic 22. Morgan Harper
Halves Depth: 23. Cade Cust, 24. Kaeo Weekes
Hooker Depth: 25. Jack Birt
Backrow / Lock Depth: 26. Zac Saddler 27. Andrew Davey
Prop Depth: 28. Toafofoa Sipley, 29. Sione Fainu, 30. Alec Tuitavake

Thomas Flegler is being shopped by the Donkeys for next season, he can play, the Donkeys are not getting the best out of him by the way they play him.

Would be a good addition to the squad if we are letting middle players go next season, currently on $650K.

The Donkeys would have to pay some freight, we had a decent offer to him a couple of seasons back that he turned down. Could get him cheaper now.

Ryan has picked a very good side. Mine is very similar but has some key differences with the additions of Hynes as a centre and fullback cover for Turbo, and Connor Watson as the bench utility, as the only outside players into the squad. Foran gets another year as five-eight. Sironen plays from the bench. Suli, Harper, Davey, Cust and Sipley are all depth players outside the seventeen. Our 2021 development players get brought into the squad, and two/three others are brought through as 2022 development players.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Nico Hynes
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Connor Watson
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Curtis Sironen

Fullback Depth: 18. Koula
Wing Depth: 19. Tuipulotu 20. Moses Suli
Centre Depth: 21. Ben Trbojevic 22. Morgan Harper
Halves Depth: 23. Cade Cust, 24. Kaeo Weekes
Hooker Depth: 25. Jack Birt
Backrow / Lock Depth: 26. Zac Saddler 27. Andrew Davey
Prop Depth: 28. Toafofoa Sipley, 29. Sione Fainu, 30. Alec Tuitavake
I like the look of this side if we can’t get Manase back. Watson carves teams up in the middle when he comes off the bench, would be a great addition.

Hynes at centre is a good idea too, I was wondering if we could find a starting position for him to entice him over, centre’s probably the only spot that would work.

Thomas Flegler is being shopped by the Donkeys for next season, he can play, the Donkeys are not getting the best out of him by the way they play him.

Would be a good addition to the squad if we are letting middle players go next season, currently on $650K.

The Donkeys would have to pay some freight, we had a decent offer to him a couple of seasons back that he turned down. Could get him cheaper now.
He would be a quality addition - I have heard that they are shopping Lodge - can you share where you heard they were shopping Flegler?

He would be a quality addition - I have heard that they are shopping Lodge - can you share where you heard they were shopping Flegler?
It came from Peter Badel mate, he reported Flegler, Lodge, Milford, Arthur’s, along with some other names to make way for potential signings, apparently targeting a halve (Moses) and a number nine.

It came from Peter Badel mate, he reported Flegler, Lodge, Milford, Arthur’s, along with some other names to make way for potential signings, apparently targeting a halve (Moses) and a number nine.
Thank you - appreciate the insight. Flegler would be ok - Carrigan would be better. Flegler more of a prop so can't see us chasing him. Cant see us getting Hines or Watson either as mentioned elsewhere.

Great side - just don't think Fainu will be available - hope he is but have huge doubts.
I’m curious. We re-signed manase through this period where he can’t play. Did we keep him on a minimum wage contract? Or are we still paying him in a similar ballpark of what he would’ve earned without the court case lingering? Might be telling of the clubs outlook on whether they believe he is going to be playing.

I’m curious. We re-signed manase through this period where he can’t play. Did we keep him on a minimum wage contract? Or are we still paying him in a similar ballpark of what he would’ve earned without the court case lingering? Might be telling of the clubs outlook on whether they believe he is going to be playing.
I gather they believed the De Bellin case would go a different way. Maybe they also thought Manase's charges would be dropped. Charges now seem unlikely to be dropped... but I have seen cases before where charges dropped at the very last minute when the "offender" refuses a plea deal and the Prosecution drops it because they simply have no evidence or not enough evidence. Hope that happens here but I am getting doubtful... Police keep talking a good game that they are on solid ground. I also think the extension was as much to do about keeping the other Fainu's coming through at the club as about Manase.

T
hey reported here it cost Manase 300K by resigning with us. Lower then what he could have potentially earned elsewhere.

"small" investment for a quality player IF he gets off but also you would think keeps the siblings here as well.
Not a shot at you @Shane4500 but I have heard this idea used to justify the call a few times and I personally am not convinced...

If another club waives money at these kids I just dont see them thinking "I have to stay for less because my brother got looked after by Manly"

Imo it will all depend on their personal situation at that time...
  • are they playing FG and are they being offered a FG spot
  • how much extra will they make
  • does the other club offer a better life/footy balance?

I know when I was 17-20 I was not making decisions based on what my brother thought...

imo he is performing a role but not at an extraordinary level ...
I would keep him at the right money but I don't think Manly should get into any sort of bidding war to retain him...
I agree that we don’t need to get into a bidding war but the option for next year is in our favour so if we take it up, he would be contracted and to leave and go elsewhere for more money would require him to seek a release which would need to be agreed to by Manly.

at 250k he is an absolute steal given what he is currently offering. We don’t need him to be extraordinary for that price, we just need him to keep doing what he is doing which is taking pressure off Chez and giving the side leadership and direction. Sure he is not Jerome Luai but he is a third of the price and that means we can afford to have guys like Tom on good coin...he is much better than Dylan Edwards so it all balances out in the end.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8