• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Forget about watching TV mate. Perhaps some reading of stats might help...

Firstly what could 200k bring? Honestly in a list of 30 players what could 200k bring to the table? SFA really.

Secondly.... 2018. Yes 2018 was the last time the dragons made the finals. In 4 years thats 0%.

2022 and Hunt has had a great year yes....in a team of loosers. They still didn't make the finals.

Hunt has played in one GF and was the direct reason the cows got the win so he has some major baggage in there somewhere.

Hunt was moved to no.9 he was playing so bad for a number of years.

I'm not here to big up D C E. Just put some perspective on the future immortal Ben Hunt.
Couldn't agree more.

Does anyone remember the dark days where our club thought that Craig Field would pass muster for the mighty eagles?

Craig Field was a standout player for Souths in a very hopeless team.... but it made him look like a bloody star. We fell for it.

Dark days indeed.

As Manly fans we watch very closely - especially our own players. It means we are knowledgeable about them but also puts us at risk of losing perspective, especially when we have adopted an intransigent opinion about one of them (not that you or I would ever do that, lol).
For example, for how many years have Dragons fans bemoaned Hunt's below par showings? Without counting, the answer is 'many'. Sure he is playing well this year but we can't sign him anyway so ...?

Anyway, for some perspective (from October 2019)

I did say the same thing earlier that hunt was poor for years but seems to be reaching the potential his contract was signed with so i do agree

aaaah pesrpective, the silvertails word for nah, nah nah, not buying it, or proving it, fingers in ears la la la ,and a word i use too little on this site,

thats my perspective anyway

Hunt is no future immortal but the HUGE difference is that Hunt leads from the front every week. He has errors.. he isn't perfect but he will put the team on his shoulders and try and lift them home. DCE is a super half when his forwards are rolling and disappears when they are not. St Merge this year were regularly going backwards as their forwards were getting beaten and yet Hunt was leading trying to will them home every week. That to me is the HUGE difference between the two. DCE is far far more talented but if I want a half in the trenches when the going is tough Hunt would be right up there.
I'm not disagreeing with you but at the same time I don't think its that black and white. Speculation is fun but Dce is our 7. He has been and will Continue to be.
He's won some great games and played some shockers. It happens.

If Hunt was so good why are the dragons low balling their only decent player? Not very respectful?

All the other stuff was just ducking and weaving but I think the Club Captain should have an understanding of the junior pathways and be able to explain how a local junior makes their way to first grade.
He has enough to do dont you think? Pathways manager as well???

He should also NOT have to front the worlds media and explain why the corporate side of the business tried to explode our season from within. The general consensus outside these boards is he and Des handled that with class and dignity.

I'm obviously biased in some way given I have personally interviewed DCE 4 or 5 times when he's been over here on tours with the Kangaroos. He was the friendliest and most well spoken of all of them. Respectful and always prepared to chat. Unlike 95% of the team that were lucky to get 3 grunts out in a row.

DCE will be our halfback until 2026. It's doubtful he will end up anywhere else. I don't think the Dolphins have ever had any genuine interest in him. Who else would take him off our hands? He is still in the top three/four halfbacks in the game. He goes pretty well behind a good forward pack and not so great behind a **** forward pack. Unfortunately, our forwards this season were more **** than good, and when our forwards were ****, so was DCE. If our forwards are **** next year, we can look forward to more of the same. He will be our halfback, though; that won't be changing any time soon.

DCE will be our halfback until 2026. It's doubtful he will end up anywhere else. I don't think the Dolphins have ever had any genuine interest in him. Who else would take him off our hands? He is still in the top three/four halfbacks in the game. He goes pretty well behind a good forward pack and not so great behind a ** forward pack. Unfortunately, our forwards this season were more ** than good, and when our forwards were *, so was DCE. If our forwards are * next year, we can look forward to more of the same. He will be our halfback, though; that won't be changing any time soon.
The forwards were a huge reason for our shiit form this year.
Look at the aggression from the Bunnies and Chook's forwards yesterday!!
Bloody hell, DCE would go well with those guys laying the platform.

Same with Tapine and Papali'i for Canberra - (and Ricky's rotation of them is spot on)
But god I hope we sort some tougher, more energetic forwards for next year
There should be some better options for us

The forwards were a huge reason for our shiit form this year.
Look at the aggression from the Bunnies and Chook's forwards yesterday!!
Bloody hell, DCE would go well with those guys laying the platform.

Same with Tapine and Papali'i for Canberra - (and Ricky's rotation of them is spot on)
But god I hope we sort some tougher, more energetic forwards for next year
There should be some better options for us
Exactly.

The Canberra angle is interesting. Remember last year Tapine and his misses were throwing Insta bombs at Ricky dicky all year. The coach had lost the dressing room. The club was imploded.....12 months and Tapine is as green as Shrek and life if great again in the capital.

At the end of the day players love to win and hate to loose. All teams have cracks and faultlines just below the surface which are hidden by success and exacerbated by failure.

The Cows are a great example of that. Was it 14 straight losses last year to a preliminary this?

Exactly.

The Canberra angle is interesting. Remember last year Tapine and his misses were throwing Insta bombs at Ricky dicky all year. The coach had lost the dressing room. The club was imploded.....12 months and Tapine is as green as Shrek and life if great again in the capital.

At the end of the day players love to win and hate to loose. All teams have cracks and faultlines just below the surface which are hidden by success and exacerbated by failure.

The Cows are a great example of that. Was it 14 straight losses last year to a preliminary this?
yeah wow I forgot about Tapine and the Insta debacle that went on.
Sure looks happy there now!

And yes the Cowboys have really turned it around
Supposedly Payton challenged the forwards and go harder and they stood up to the test.
I reckon thats the same with Sticky

So its Des that needs to get a lot more confrontational with our pack and set the tone for hard yakka!

yeah wow I forgot about Tapine and the Insta debacle that went on.
Sure looks happy there now!

And yes the Cowboys have really turned it around
Supposedly Payton challenged the forwards and go harder and they stood up to the test.
I reckon thats the same with Sticky

So its Des that needs to get a lot more confrontational with our pack and set the tone for hard yakka!
The problem with Manly is that Des is very loyal. If a forward has a bad game they know that they are unlikely to be dropped.

He has enough to do dont you think? Pathways manager as well???

He should also NOT have to front the worlds media and explain why the corporate side of the business tried to explode our season from within. The general consensus outside these boards is he and Des handled that with class and dignity.

I'm obviously biased in some way given I have personally interviewed DCE 4 or 5 times when he's been over here on tours with the Kangaroos. He was the friendliest and most well spoken of all of them. Respectful and always prepared to chat. Unlike 95% of the team that were lucky to get 3 grunts out in a row.

You'd make my life so much easier if you chose to ignore me rather than carry on this relentless vendetta with every post I make. You made a post sometime lately where you suggested I'd been a little harsh, I apologised, you 'liked' it and I thought that was it. Apparently not.
I'll respond to you just this one last time but no more. Perhaps find a person you actually know to bleat away at rather than a made up name on your screen?

1. I suggested an awareness of pathways rather than an active role. You might try comprehension for your next online course.
2. The "world's media"?
3. "The general consensus outside these boards"? You've spoken to how many people 'outside these boards'? Incidentally, I'd be pretty certain that near 100% of Silvertails were impressed with the performance of DCE and Des in that press conference that I thought we were well and truly past.
4. I thought you were a cameraman - no slight there, my best mate was a cameraman at 60 minutes for 25 years and is one of the most interesting and delightful people I know - but congratulations on your promotion to interviewer. Where can we see your work?

Enough now.

You'd make my life so much easier if you chose to ignore me rather than carry on this relentless vendetta with every post I make. You made a post sometime lately where you suggested I'd been a little harsh, I apologised, you 'liked' it and I thought that was it. Apparently not.
I'll respond to you just this one last time but no more. Perhaps find a person you actually know to bleat away at rather than a made up name on your screen?

1. I suggested an awareness of pathways rather than an active role. You might try comprehension for your next online course.
2. The "world's media"?
3. "The general consensus outside these boards"? You've spoken to how many people 'outside these boards'? Incidentally, I'd be pretty certain that near 100% of Silvertails were impressed with the performance of DCE and Des in that press conference that I thought we were well and truly past.
4. I thought you were a cameraman - no slight there, my best mate was a cameraman at 60 minutes for 25 years and is one of the most interesting and delightful people I know - but congratulations on your promotion to interviewer. Where can we see your work?

Enough now.
Come on. I'm really not attacking or going after you. I don't have the time nor desire to go on any vendetta.

This is a forum where we all have our opinions and either agree or disagree with each other.

Over the past few months our views have diverged and I highly disagree with some points you make. Simple as that.

There are a lot of people here that go at each other most days and I don't feel I did that to you.

But if you really want me to ignore you I will do my best.

To save your feelings I won't even bother responding to your points.

Have a great day.

The problem with Manly is that Des is very loyal. If a forward has a bad game they know that they are unlikely to be dropped.
I would be hesitant to pick a demoralized forward playing in the blacktown sea eagles side even if they were regarded as a talent in the lower grades. Probably better off with a qld cup sea eagles team instead like in 2011.

I'm not disagreeing with you but at the same time I don't think its that black and white. Speculation is fun but Dce is our 7. He has been and will Continue to be.
He's won some great games and played some shockers. It happens.

If Hunt was so good why are the dragons low balling their only decent player? Not very respectful?
As I said Hunt is not the best half in the world... Hunt however will give his all every week - we need about a dozen Ben Hunt's to replace the plodders and frauds we have in the side.

As I said Hunt is not the best half in the world... Hunt however will give his all every week - we need about a dozen Ben Hunt's to replace the plodders and frauds we have in the side.
It's just the drive and desire we're missing.
Foz had it but his body probably couldn't do enough to have the team want to follow.
Tommy has it and usually lifts the team with his drive when he's there.
Jake has it but they seem to take him for granted.

I was just disappointed week in and week out by the lack of desire which, as you say, Hunt has in spades.

Come on. I'm really not attacking or going after you. I don't have the time nor desire to go on any vendetta.

This is a forum where we all have our opinions and either agree or disagree with each other.

Over the past few months our views have diverged and I highly disagree with some points you make. Simple as that.

There are a lot of people here that go at each other most days and I don't feel I did that to you.

But if you really want me to ignore you I will do my best.

To save your feelings I won't even bother responding to your points.

Have a great day.
Fair enough. Maybe just tone it down from highly disagree to just beg to differ and we might be fine 😊

I would be hesitant to pick a demoralized forward playing in the blacktown sea eagles side even if they were regarded as a talent in the lower grades. Probably better off with a qld cup sea eagles team instead like in 2011.
Have you watched our forwards over the last 7 weeks?
I’d try anything.
Just sayin’

It's just the drive and desire we're missing.
Foz had it but his body probably couldn't do enough to have the team want to follow.
Tommy has it and usually lifts the team with his drive when he's there.
Jake has it but they seem to take him for granted.

I was just disappointed week in and week out by the lack of desire which, as you say, Hunt has in spades.
Yep exactly - Turbo and Jake have it - Croker has it in spades, Davey has it in spades... yet we get rid of him. Walker to me also has it - he wants to have a go - he wants to win... but we get rid of him as well. Parker has it in spades... but apparently he is going as well. It is a complete joke....yet we keep Keppie, Sipley, Burbo etc. DCE will never ever put the side on his shoulders week in and week out and lift us to victory just through his sheer will. Foran can do that and again we want to get rid of him... Hunt does it every weekend. Mind you sometimes Hunt stuffs up... but you know he will lead from the front and he will have an absolute crack week in and week out... it doesn't matter to him how the rest are playing - he is going to have a go. DCE needs his forwards to be on top and if they are losing the battle - he is lost. We simply don't have enough heart and soul players who have a red hot crack every week. That is the type of player we need at Manly... look at the Cowboys - loads of blue collar players across the park. Not flashy but they want to play - they want to win and they will do what it takes. They will do the one percenters. We have very very few of that type of player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8