• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
:lipssealed::lipssealed:
Mick, inconceivably, unfathomably and unbelievably, you made that great post without swearing. I cannot get me head around nor can I accept that.@:D

Love your posts Mick.

Thanks Nicci, as do I love yours. No swearing this weekend because we aren't playing. :lipssealed:

There's a new backflip article in the tele about how Joe Kelly and Bozo are trying to convince dce to stay. Not quite sure what to make of it tbh.

There's a new backflip article in the tele about how Joe Kelly and Bozo are trying to convince dce to stay. Not quite sure what to make of it tbh.
I'm glad the media are giving him a rest.
It would be great if Trent Merrin back-flips....it could take heaps of pressure of him.

1.2 million will get you a 4 bedroom home in Beaumont Hills.

Which is a fancy name for Blacktown Heights.

DCE is worth every cent. And we're going to find out first hand next year.

No confidence in Kelly to sign anyone TBH. He pulled DCE's original contract offer yet didn't do the same for Foran.

I'm glad the media are giving him a rest.
It would be great if Trent Merrin back-flips....it could take heaps of pressure of him.
I was thinking the same. Merrin's potential to hopefully backflip to take a little of the backflipping pressure off Chez with the media.

No confidence in Kelly to sign anyone TBH. He pulled DCE's original contract offer yet didn't do the same for Foran.
No confidence in kelly but confidence in Bozo to get it sorted. Penn must have realised they stuffed up big time with DCE and that is why they brought Bozo in.

Mick, inconceivably, unfathomably and unbelievably, you made that great post without swearing. I cannot get me head around nor can I accept that.@:D

Love your posts Mick.
Haha...as do I, but after the beautiful flow of u-words I had to double check that it was the f-word, c-word Mick! @:p

Daly Cherry-Evans backflip bid: Manly Sea Eagles step up efforts to keep star halfback
  • PHIL ROTHFIELD SPORTS EDITOR-AT-LARGE
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • MAY 04, 2015 12:00AM
MANLY have exactly 40 days to convince Daly Cherry-Evans to remain at Brookvale next year, and rest assured they are giving it their best shot.

The club is doing everything possible to turn the opening of round 13, ironically on June 13, into a Black Friday for the Gold Coast Titans.

League Immortal, Australian selector and Manly legend Bob Fulton is a powerful and persuasive man who doesn’t lose too many battles.

As Cherry-Evans was sitting on the bench for the Kangaroos at Suncorp on Sunday, Fulton and CEO Joe Kelly revealed they had not given up hope. Not by a long shot.

“To win a premiership every club needs an X-factor player and Daly is without doubt one of the best in the game and he will only get better,” Fulton said in his first comments on the issue since rejoining the club as an executive consultant.

“He is 25 and has already played Origin, won a premiership, won a Clive Churchill Medal and a World Cup. He and Greg Inglis are heir apparent for the honour of being the next Test captain when Cameron Smith calls time.

“Some players are manufactured leaders and some are born leaders. Daly Cherry Evans is a natural leader and a big match player.”

In his role as a Kangaroos selector, Fulton rarely talks about the individual form of players or the various match-ups between the great halfbacks or any positions for that matter.

He has broken the rule in this case.

“It is no coincidence that his two best games this season have been against the Melbourne and Australian halfback Cooper Cronk,” Fulton said.

“There is no doubt he outplayed Cooper both times in Manly’s only two wins. In both games the Manly forwards held their own giving Daly the opportunity to show his class.”

Fulton’s resolve to keep Cherry Evans has a lot to do with the fact the Sunshine Coast junior is following a football career pathway so similar to his own.

At almost the same age, Fulton left the south coast as a teenager in 1966 to launch what became a remarkable rugby league career at Brookvale.

“Manly accept that he has agreed to go — that is his choice and his right,” Fulton said.

“But if you ask if I would like him to stay the answer is yes but only if he wanted to.

“The round 13 rule is there for players to have the right to change their mind.

“There are plenty of players who have changed their mind. None have come under the criticism or the scrutiny that Daly has come under.”

Importantly Fulton is giving Cherry-Evans space to make his decision.

Not that it’s holding back Joe Kelly who makes no secret of the fact he is doing his utmost to keep him at Brookvale.

“We want Daly Cherry-Evans playing at his best and enjoying his team mates,” Kelly said.

“That environment is what we are aiming at and we will continue to talk to him personally and to his management about his future after this season.

“We would be letting down our fans if we gave up without a fight.

“The fans are telling us very loudly to never give up in trying to keep him and we think they have a vital part to play in that because of his enormous popularity.

“This club has never given up on the field or off it and we aren’t going to start now.”

So I rang Manly’s legendary old club secretary Ken Arthurson for his thoughts, knowing there has never been a better or shrewder contract negotiator in the game.

“I would love to see him stay,” Arthurson said.

“He was born in Queensland but he is a Sea Eagle through and through as far as I’m concerned.

“His partner is a northern beaches girl and both his children have been born there. I would really like him to be a one-club player.'''

Comment
Troy
Haha rothfield. Zorba feeding u more lies. And Fulton in the penn/peters camp too. Only if he wanted to stay? He did but manly withdrew his contract and asked him to look elsewhere. Manly did nothing to keep him then and doing nothing now to keep him. Just a bit of lip service to make themselves look good in the press and to the fans. Rd 13 forget it. DCE already bought a house in GC. Stop lying to the fans Manly and rothfield.

Daly Cherry-Evans backflip bid: Manly Sea Eagles step up efforts to keep star halfback
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
MANLY have exactly 40 days to convince Daly Cherry-Evans to remain at Brookvale next year, and rest assured they are giving it their best shot.

The club is doing everything possible to turn the opening of round 13, ironically on June 13, into a Black Friday for the Gold Coast Titans.

League Immortal, Australian selector and Manly legend Bob Fulton is a powerful and persuasive man who doesn’t lose too many battles.

As Cherry-Evans was sitting on the bench for the Kangaroos at Suncorp on Sunday, Fulton and CEO Joe Kelly revealed they had not given up hope. Not by a long shot.

“To win a premiership every club needs an X-factor player and Daly is without doubt one of the best in the game and he will only get better,” Fulton said in his first comments on the issue since rejoining the club as an executive consultant.

“He is 25 and has already played Origin, won a premiership, won a Clive Churchill Medal and a World Cup. He and Greg Inglis are heir apparent for the honour of being the next Test captain when Cameron Smith calls time.

“Some players are manufactured leaders and some are born leaders. Daly Cherry Evans is a natural leader and a big match player.”

In his role as a Kangaroos selector, Fulton rarely talks about the individual form of players or the various match-ups between the great halfbacks or any positions for that matter.

“It is no coincidence that his two best games this season have been against the Melbourne and Australian halfback Cooper Cronk,” Fulton said.

“There is no doubt he outplayed Cooper both times in Manly’s only two wins. In both games the Manly forwards held their own giving Daly the opportunity to show his class.”

Fulton’s resolve to keep Cherry Evans has a lot to do with the fact the Sunshine Coast junior is following a football career pathway so similar to his own.

At almost the same age, Fulton left the south coast as a teenager in 1966 to launch what became a remarkable rugby league career at Brookvale.

“Manly accept that he has agreed to go — that is his choice and his right,” Fulton said.

“But if you ask if I would like him to stay the answer is yes but only if he wanted to.

“There are plenty of players who have changed their mind. None have come under the criticism or the scrutiny that Daly has come under.”

Not that it’s holding back Joe Kelly who makes no secret of the fact he is doing his utmost to keep him at Brookvale.

“We want Daly Cherry-Evans playing at his best and enjoying his team mates,” Kelly said.

“That environment is what we are aiming at and we will continue to talk to him personally and to his management about his future after this season.

“The fans are telling us very loudly to never give up in trying to keep him and we think they have a vital part to play in that because of his enormous popularity.

“This club has never given up on the field or off it and we aren’t going to start now.”

So I rang Manly’s legendary old club secretary Ken Arthurson for his thoughts, knowing there has never been a better or shrewder contract negotiator in the game.

“He was born in Queensland but he is a Sea Eagle through and through as far as I’m concerned.

“His partner is a northern beaches girl and both his children have been born there. I would really like him to be a one-club player.'''

Comment
Troy
Haha rothfield. Zorba feeding u more lies. And Fulton in the penn/peters camp too. Only if he wanted to stay? He did but manly withdrew his contract and asked him to look elsewhere. Manly did nothing to keep him then and doing nothing now to keep him. Just a bit of lip service to make themselves look good in the press and to the fans. Rd 13 forget it. DCE already bought a house in GC. Stop lying to the fans Manly and rothfield.

How do you know he's bought a house?

• THE DAILY TELEGRAPH

Comment
Troy
How do you know he's bought a house?
This is the first I have heard about him buying a house on the Gold Coast. I am sure if he had the media would have been all over it.

:jokercard:@:mask:@:mask:@:mask:
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH

Comment
Troy
Some positives in that article. I think we are a really strong chance of keeping him. Nice to hear the fans get a mention as well.

Come round 13 I think we will have DCE, Myles, and one other prop signed for 2016. Carn Bozo....get in there stealth like and sign some big names for us @:mask:...then rock up to the Turd's office and slap the contracts on his desk....booya! (I actually want him to say 'booya be-utch'....and maybe a fist pump as he mouths the words 'Immortal Turdster...immortal')

The comment at the bottom was cut and pasted (by accident) with the article. Just some random not a silvertails member.

I wouldn't be surprised if one major reason Bozo was brought in was to re-sign DCE.

I like how Bozo has said the club wants to keep him. He was also balanced saying that he is not pressuring DCE to stay, he is going to give him space to make the decision.

Also like how he said its not really fair DCE cops flak for Backflipping, but other players flip with next to no coverage.

Bozo is a intelligent man, he knows what he is talking about.

In the end I think daly wanted to stay and Joe stuffed up, so DCE done what any person would do and secure his future. I think also that Orr had a role in getting daly to miss his deadline. Im not saying daly is an innocent party in all of this, but I think there were alot of cards that fell to get to where we are.

Well Kelly is on tape saying that Manly are only following up on Foran :confused:

Strange comment following the months of Chez being described as a divisive Yoko Ono@:rolleyes:

Lets hope it is all resolved and Chez makes a decision based on his priorities and not due to external pressure @:cool:

Wonder if we will get a Merrin or RTS backflip story ? :mad:

The name of that bloke commenting was Troy.
I wouldn't be surprised if that is Daly's old man.
His family have been pretty vocal on Twitter about elements of this situation

image.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8