The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't see him leaving now Arthur has been extended. I don't think Manly would be offering $650k per season for three or four years. My opinion is that he was always staying at Parramatta, beside the money he has always looked happy and very much one of the mob at the Eels.

Last edited:
So, Oates is off contract and fielding offers of 700k reportedly. So for that kind of money, Gutho or Oates?

I’d probably take Gutho but the image of Oates on a flank is enticing!

Gutho is on League Life 7:30 Fox tonight

NRL360 reporting Manly offer is true

I can confirm from my sources that Manly has made an offer for Gutho (it is way under Parra offer in $'s but it is a longer contract), Manly don't think he will sign with us, the Manly safety is the Jet but Manly are struggling to get Broncos to cover most of this years salary cap cost. Either way they were hoping for a pre 30th June transfer.

Didn’t Des say we cannot afford him?
Ok, out of all the clubs that have been done rorting the salary cap, ours was the least serious, yet for the last few years we have offloaded more players than any other teams, and still are, yet we cant afford to spend on marqui players. Sharks still bought players and they supposedly were worse than the storm, the tigers, well nothing happened to them and they were still able to keep Robbie Farah and they get their CEO back next month. What am I missing..:lipssealed::lipssealed::shake::shake:

I can confirm from my sources that Manly has made an offer for Gutho (it is way under Parra offer in $'s but it is a longer contract), Manly don't think he will sign with us, the Manly safety is the Jet but Manly are struggling to get Broncos to cover most of this years salary cap cost. Either way they were hoping for a pre 30th June transfer.
Anyone but that 737 Max :banghead:

Ok, out of all the clubs that have been done rorting the salary cap, ours was the least serious, yet for the last few years we have offloaded more players than any other teams, and still are, yet we cant afford to spend on marqui players. Sharks still bought players and they supposedly were worse than the storm, the tigers, well nothing happened to them and they were still able to keep Robbie Farah and they get their CEO back next month. What am I missing..:lipssealed::lipssealed::shake::shake:

Can't afford to spend on marquee players?

Depending on your personal opinion on their worth, it could be argued we already have 3 marquee players in DCE, Tom and Jake.

Throw in Taupau and the rising stocks of AFB, amd it does not leave a lot of room for many more superstars.....unless Uncle Nick is your benefactor.

Wow. Imagine Walker and The Jet as centres. That could be amazing

Gutho is on League Life 7:30 Fox tonight

NRL360 reporting Manly offer is true

Being a sports reporter seems to be the easiest job in the world.
Just go through fan forums and report on what fans want or are dead against.
You are guaranteed to get a million clicks on your story of reports that such and such is about to happen.
And you don’t need to say we’re the information came from because you don’t want to give up your informant that doesn’t exist.

Look at Buzz, he hasn’t had a rumour come true since 1987.

Anyone but that 737 Max :banghead:

Mate I reckon we will miss out on both. I reckon the Jet is using us to get a better deal from Souths, and I think Gutho's manager is using our 4 year deal to get over the line at Eels. We ain't that lucky with signings past few years. Having said that we as a club have been very compliant with the NRL so one would think they owe us some leeway.

Happy to even pay slight overs for Gutho. IMO he is way more valuable than just a good 6, 1 or 3.

Do the Turbos want to play with Gutho? Does he want to play along side them?

We just don't know what DES has in mind, but what Gutho allows, is the kind of flexibility and combination you just don't get over night.

It's the perfect buy.

If we are a chance, DES and PENN will work some magic here.

Bringing a Manly boy wonder now called a KING back to the Eagles nest, has to be the greatest PR exercise a club can do to Get fans, and the local community back who recently SCREAMED this club has lost its ManlyNESS.

Well it's the next great step after getting DES, Donny, Snake, Matty and Mona's. And let's not forget 2V.

I find it hard to believe that done correctly 3rd parties would be scarce here either.

It's win win. And win.

Then with time add a premiership.

Who is up for a WIN?

Happy to even pay slight overs for Gutho. IMO he is way more valuable than just a good 6, 1 or 3.

Do the Turbos want to play with Gutho? Does he want to play along side them?

We just don't know what DES has in mind, but what Gutho allows, is the kind of flexibility and combination you just don't get over night.

It's the perfect buy.

If we are a chance, DES and PENN will work some magic here.

Bringing a Manly boy wonder now called a KING back to the Eagles nest, has to be the greatest PR exercise a club can do to Get fans, and the local community back who recently SCREAMED this club has lost its ManlyNESS.

Well it's the next great step after getting DES, Donny, Snake, Matty and Mona's. And let's not forget 2V.

I find it hard to believe that done correctly 3rd parties would be scarce here either.

It's win win. And win.

Then with time add a premiership.

Who is up for a WIN?
He is also a current NRL captain, although still learning, a fantastic trait to add to our young team

He was sweating his ass off on that nrl show with the chicks tonite when they were grilling him about contracts and then his pulse came down again for the Parra smalltalk. If he was staying at the Eels no need for nervous sweating...he's 'doing the right thing.' But since he's obviously feeling guilty coming back to the dark side ie Manly he looked on the verge of a panic attack. I think we have him..Just hope we got him at a realistic price, like $600K 4 years.

Thank you oh wise one.

Respectfully, any reasons, facts or expertise in this field to back up such an off-the-cuff claim... or was it an epiphany?

Sorry mate, not wise enough to know what that last long word meant

Thought is was a kind of stomach ulcer

Certainly no insight into talents
It was a poor cryptic joke referring to Noel clean and Des as our recruiters

Blossom being an old a nick name for
Cleal
Crush another shifter version of crusher
And well Des is Des

I no nothing about league to suggest that CG would be good or bad at our club
Flourish or flounder
Succeed or fail

Just a poor cryptic joke from a not so wise one about our recruitment barriers in dollars that the two boys need to manage .considering the talent we have coming through that we also need to lock away ,I don’t think we will get him.

Go Manly

If Gutho stays at Parra after the way they been treating him during this process, then he has less brain cells than years he requested from Parra.

But, up to him.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8