The honest thread !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Ok, I'll play this too!
1) Disappointingly, Manly deserve their position on the ladder.
2) There's lots of ways this comp can be manufactured to deliver the result that best suits the pockets of the NRL.
3) Paseka needs more mongrel in him.
4) Tuilagi is not the answer to any Manly question.
5) Saab is great with the ball in hand & the line wide open, but folds like a deckchair in defence.
6) Harper & Parker need to be replaced in 2024. (but I like Harper when he gets 'crazy man' eyes)
7) DCE is mostly great, but for some weird reason, I still find him hard to warm to.
8) Jake has Manly in his blood, & is an awesome tackling machine, but man he runs in slo-mo.

That being said, Go Manly!

Honesty time:

What’s the point of the cross forum thread? There are virtually no Manly supporters posting on there.

It would be fun to shut it down, and not tell those Sub-tropical Parramatta (Brisbane) and occasional Warriors’ supporters that it no longer exists.

Admittedly the latter seem to have vacated the premises of late.
I like the cross thread. Sometimes, when I like to watch a decent game of footy (ie, non-Manly games) I can at least find some posters to bounce off in that thread… compared to our own “other game” thread, which can be tumbleweeds at times.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
I like the cross thread. Sometimes, when I like to watch a decent game of footy (ie, non-Manly games) I can at least find some posters to bounce off in that thread… compared to our own “other game” thread, which can be tumbleweeds at times.
Don’t you get angry in the cross thread?

Don’t you get angry in the cross thread?
Surprisingly not. I find many posters there more balanced then our mob when we get together 😂 That said, it is hard to grit your teeth and not lash out at the ridiculous “NSWRL-NRL bias” BS that the donkey fans have convinced themselves is a real thing… I can only wonder how they are coping as a two-team city now.

I hate the fact that the NRL and AFL feel the need to claim they are better than each other.

Completely different sports, different appeal, and built on different foundations. I understand that they complete for viewers - but in ruth, the ven diagram of supporters that watch BOTH codes religiously is relatively low, and where it does exist, it only crosses over with a few teams (Sydney, GWS, Brisbane in particular)

I love Manly and I love the swans. I don't need to be made to choose a better sport - I will watch both! Work together FFS

For example - if the Vegas experiment is truly about 'Australia week' then why not have an AFL game on somewhere over there too and get federal govt funding support?

I hate how some people on here seem to forget that most of the players are just kids.

Kids on a heap of money but kids all the same. They are going to make mistakes, do dumb things much like we all did when were in our early 20's.

Most of us took a long time time to work out who we were let alone how functioned....all without a massive public spotlight.

I am not saying that players behaviour should be without review but i think there can be a lack of context at times. I mean there is a reason why DCE went from being hated by the Stewart brothers to now what seems a fine working relationship.

He grew as a person as they all do with time

I hate how some people on here seem to forget that most of the players are just kids.

Kids on a heap of money but kids all the same. They are going to make mistakes, do dumb things much like we all did when were in our early 20's.

Most of us took a long time time to work out who we were let alone how functioned....all without a massive public spotlight.

I am not saying that players behaviour should be without review but i think there can be a lack of context at times. I mean there is a reason why DCE went from being hated by the Stewart brothers to now what seems a fine working relationship.

He grew as a person as they all do with time
So what you are saying is that you can have youth and you can have wisdom but you cannot have them at the same time?

That’s deeeeep man….

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Done my song RISE today with the Trjobovic brothers at Mona Vale Raiders and the youngsters from Mona Vale
Great kids and effort from the players to make the effort, Jake was awesome and had him giving pre match speech for the kids.....good times, will add some moments on here in coming weeks

I honestly didn't know this cheating bastard was referees coach....
EXCLUSIVE: 2GB and Wide World of Sports’ Mark Levy has revealed another refereeing controversy in the NRL, with referees coach Shayne Hayne at the centre of drama over the weekend.

The NRL on Wednesday confirmed to Levy that it has since dealt with a matter involving Hayne, who instructed the standby referee to sit on the touchline instead of fulfilling his duties in the video referee box at the ground during Sunday’s clash between the Bulldogs and Sea Eagles at Accor Stadium.
It’s understood the standby referee takes on an important task in the box by taking stats on the referees.
According to Levy, the wife of the referees’ coach was the one sitting in the box instead, and this isn’t the first time a similar incident has been brought forward.
“We can confirm it did happen and have received an explanation from the staff member involved,” the NRL said in a statement sent into 2GB.
“The matter has been dealt with appropriately.”
The latest drama continues a growing trend with refereeing incidents this month.

My opinion.

I blame PV for destroying the fabric of our great game with the stupid six again rule which has just enabled referees to control and change the momentum of a game. I am not suggesting they do it on purpose or for any improper reason but we need consistency.

I went to the Tigers Roosters game last week for reasons I will explain another time. It was 8 all. The referee gave the Roosters a soft penalty 10 metres from their own line which got them out of trouble and then in the following set they got a six again call near half way and of course the Roosters score of the repeat set resulting in a huge swing in momentum from which the Tigers never recover. What bugs me it that they are inconsistent in policing the rules and then in an instant turn on a side.

How often to we see six again calls and sometimes multiple six again calls exhausting the defending side and significantly swinging momentum. A rule that was initially justified to stop teams continuing conceding penalties when defending on their goal line. Now it is has morphed and is applied all the way up the field. Crazy.

What happened to referees being applauded for putting their whistles in their pocket and letting the game flow.

I hate the bunker watching things in slow motion and then trying to guess what the player's intentions by looking at their eyes or in which direction they are looking. This is just nonsense which lends itself to speculation. A child is smart enough to know to look away when doing something that might be scrutinised.

The bunker needs to be reviewed and it's role reduced significantly to confirming the forcing of the ball when a try is scored. If that role doesn't justify the cost then scrap it.

My opinion.

I blame PV for destroying the fabric of our great game with the stupid six again rule which has just enabled referees to control and change the momentum of a game. I am not suggesting they do it on purpose or for any improper reason but we need consistency.

I went to the Tigers Roosters game last week for reasons I will explain another time. It was 8 all. The referee gave the Roosters a soft penalty 10 metres from their own line which got them out of trouble and then in the following set they got a six again call near half way and of course the Roosters score of the repeat set resulting in a huge swing in momentum from which the Tigers never recover. What bugs me it that they are inconsistent in policing the rules and then in an instant turn on a side.

How often to we see six again calls and sometimes multiple six again calls exhausting the defending side and significantly swinging momentum. A rule that was initially justified to stop teams continuing conceding penalties when defending on their goal line. Now it is has morphed and is applied all the way up the field. Crazy.

What happened to referees being applauded for putting their whistles in their pocket and letting the game flow.

I hate the bunker watching things in slow motion and then trying to guess what the player's intentions by looking at their eyes or in which direction they are looking. This is just nonsense which lends itself to speculation. A child is smart enough to know to look away when doing something that might be scrutinised.

The bunker needs to be reviewed and it's role reduced significantly to confirming the forcing of the ball when a try is scored. If that role doesn't justify the cost then scrap it.
Then we get to SOO and the refereeing returns to how it should be!!

The manipulation of games does not happen by accident… the NRL is first and foremost a business…

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8