The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Kieran Foran admits his future at Manly Sea Eagles is uncertain

I think once the dust settles and Foran gets used to Gifty playing at Souths, he will stay. I was very upset about Gift leaving, but he has two years left in him tops so it blunts the pain a little, whereas to lose Foran who has half his career still in front of him, would be tortuous.

susan said:
I guess it is a symptom of everything that is happening in the world but gee its hard to cop when we are talking about money most people only dream about.

Yep $700K or maybe up to a Million a year means if they got 10 years at the top (and he could even get longer than this) means he will earn about 5 times what the average worker will earn in 40 years of work, but as we know @susan these Gen Y's are "all about the money" so referencing him with say Steve Menzies is poles apart

I read the article to be about his next contract, not wanting to get out of his current deal

But the issue is Isz, all the negotiations will be now and the recriminations start if he signs elsewhere for 2016 and beyond.

Really when they start this early it's a "I want out now" deal.

Unless for example he's going to RU in Kiwiland, then honouring his current contract is probably correct, perhaps he thinks he's Money Bill Foran, can come and go as he wishes....Lol

Mark all i read is that it sounds like he is drained after a long season, wants to take time off and consider his options re his next contract

Sounds pretty sensible to me

All I can say is fuk it !!!

Thus is all we have been hearing about for last 8 weeks.

Matai , watmough , gift , snake , foran , DCE !!!

I'm finally over it. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. It seems we care more about it then they do.

We can think & say whatever we want but it means - ZERO.

I have faith in the club that however it turns out they will always be a passionate club.

There are other players if not 2016 then 2017.

Manly always finds a way. That's important !!

I'm over these players trying to play the club with indirect threats.

EGO'S don't win premierships

Manly does !!

Seriously over it.

It would be good if we could also offer some of these players a career after footy as an inducement to stay.

Kitey will be in some sort of assistant coaching role at the riff when he finished.

When Foran retires maybe we can guarantee him Willo's position as NSW cup coach?

lsz said:
Mark all i read is that it sounds like he is drained after a long season, wants to take time off and consider his options re his next contract

Sounds pretty sensible to me

Well do it at home with your loved ones !! Not 5 mins later in the media after a semi final loss. Give me a break.
Wish he had some Of this media passion on the footy field the other night.

If the club did not want him to talk they can ask him not too (just like they did with Choc)

Clearly they did not so he talked, honestly and openly about how he feels.

I feel sorry for the players.

If they do not talk then people on here come out and slate them (look at Glenn...he should have talked, when he did it should have been earlier etc)

When they do talk honestly and directly they are slated as well.

Yes they are highly paid but most of the are just kids. If it bothers you that much, which i clearly does, there is one simple solution.

Stop reading it. Stop reading the papers, the forums, social media etc and just watch the games. I have a fair hunch that if we all just ignored the reports rather than acting like a bunch of excited school girls every time the word Manly is mentioned they would stop sooner rather than later

lsz said:
If the club did not want him to talk they can ask him not too (just like they did with Choc)

Clearly they did not so he talked, honestly and openly about how he feels.

I feel sorry for the players.

If they do not talk then people on here come out and slate them (look at Glenn...he should have talked, when he did it should have been earlier etc)

When they do talk honestly and directly they are slated as well.

Yes they are highly paid but most of the are just kids. If it bothers you that much, which i clearly does, there is one simple solution.

Stop reading it. Stop reading the papers, the forums, social media etc and just watch the games. I have a fair hunch that if we all just ignored the reports rather than acting like a bunch of excited school girls every time the word Manly is mentioned they would stop sooner rather than later

There's a way to do things.

IMO this isn't one of them.

Why advertise that you have doubts where you are. If the decision to make is so important you would think it would be a private matter and when you finally make a decision. Advertise it.

Why & who needs to know that you are not happy and have doubts.

All it does is scars the club & teammates.

I agree with you on this one @lsz. I don't really see anything offensive in what Foz said. Our season is over, so now is the time to be having these discussions. The sooner they start the better IMO.

If we can lock Foz and DCE into new contracts in the off season we will be set up for the foreseeable future. It is a big if though.

Mark from Brisbane said:
susan said:
I guess it is a symptom of everything that is happening in the world but gee its hard to cop when we are talking about money most people only dream about.

Yep $700K or maybe up to a Million a year means if they got 10 years at the top (and he could even get longer than this) means he will earn about 5 times what the average worker will earn in 40 years of work, but as we know @susan these Gen Y's are "all about the money" so referencing him with say Steve Menzies is poles apart

Every generation thinks that the generation following them will ruin the world. Now I realise that Foran is probably 4 generations behind you, but the point stands.

Blaming someone's "generation" for their actions or personality is overly simplicistic, and it also overlooks the fact that gen-y's were raised by parents, who were raised by parents, who were raised by parents who were raised by you. Maybe gen-x'ers and their preceding generations were terrible parents?

I think Forans troubles stem more from being torm between 2 playing groups.

We all know he is good mates with the stewarts and choc, but he is also good mates with DCE.

I think he needs some time to clear his head. Hopefully the club can put it troubles behind in the off season and if its a happy group next year than he might stay.

Loobs said:
You never know - Parra have stated they'll win 2 premierships before 2020 so maybe Choc can still get a heroes send off haha

Well choc wont be playing beyond 2017, so can't see that happening.

lsz, stop trying to speak a bit of sense on here mate !!

Good call Kiwi

Who is with me as I march to the NRL demanding a replay?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/decision-time-is-looming-for-foran/story-fnca0von-1227065852592?nk=f066bbe092ea170cd0494e1f30ddbf43

“I put my talks on hold with Manly. I didn’t want any other distractions. I didn’t feel the need to start renegotiating at that time of year. I think it has worked out fine. I love this club and I love playing for the jersey and I love playing with the boys here."

“Our last seven weeks we struggled to put together a good 80-minute performance, but I thought we went down swinging tonight,” Foran said.

“I think it speaks volumes for the culture of the club and the players that play here. We were understrength and missing a lot of key players. To go so close is a gritty effort. I think that’s the thing I am most proud of tonight. With the year we have had … it hasn’t all been smooth sailing.

“I think we showed once we cross that white line, everyone gets in for each other and plays their heart out for one another.

“I think now is the time for everyone to get away and clear their heads, have that individual time to think about what they want and how best to resolve the problems we had this year because they are a distraction.

“We would like to see it move forward but I think there has been a to of contributing factors to it. It hasn’t been one thing.

“It was kind of like a fireball effect. It rolled on one after another. This is a great club, it’s been around for years and like everyone keeps saying, we have played 10 years of finals.

“There is something special here but the off-field problems weren’t ideal.”

Well hang around and lets make it 11 years of finals, and then 12, and 13 ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8