The Luke Brooks Book Thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just do not know and really hope I am so very wrong about this approach.

There is no doubt he has talent but I can not see where he fits in the team.

If it is 6 then where does that leave the shu? as a 13?

It it is a 9 then where does that leave Gordy / Lach?

It is a move that strikes me as a short term fix rather than looking long term solution

I've said it a couple of times in the past I could see Brooks at Manly. Interesting to see if the Shoe is staying or is gone or if there is now even money for him to stay.

It is a move that strikes me as a short term fix rather than looking long term solution
Hopefully it leaves shoe left right out.
Aloiai to follow.

Strange signing for me , Brooks is a good player was a Dally M winner so he can play
He is a running 1/2 well so they say and DCE is a running 1/2 , I just wonder if Schuster could be that ball playing lock Manly need , with Jake not playing that role now
The other 2 well like the article quoted they are for competition spots which is good for so long players have been comfortable thinking they won’t get dropped
So I’m imagining that this could be the backline next year

1 Tom ( Garrick , Weekes )
2 Saab ( Paulo Tipioluti Veaga )
3 Koula ( Talou Harper )
4 Garrick ( Talou Harper )
5 Paulo. ( Tipioluti Veaga )
6 Brooks
7 DCE

Schuster to play lock or back row
Parker has been left out of the Backs word being he most likely be in the forwards
Plus whoever emerges from lower grades next certainly does make it more competitive

Makes Jake Arthur signing a bit weird now i guess he is the back up and Johns sent on his way

Welcome Brooksy
Luke Brooks.png

But 98% of posts on this site demand immediate results - so those mouth breathers can look on this huge pivot and say in their prehensile brain "we may get result"...."we demand instant gratification"...."we realise we are numb nuts that know nothing"..................."we need to take time to rebuild team"

It doesn't look like a fix of any kind. DCE doesn't miss any games, is playing well and will probably still be playing at the end of Brooks' contract.We already have Arthur as back up and Schu as 5/8. To say I am perplexed is an understatement.

Sorry to disagree, but I actually think it makes perfect sense.

He is going to patrol the left edge at 6. He has a left foot kicking game, an excellent running game (he's very fast) and is a terrific professional. He will provide stability on his side of the field.

Schu is not working out at 6. He does the occasional creative piece of play but highlight reels don't win premierships. The high % stuff is paramount. How many years should we squander waiting for that to develop when it doesn't seem to be his natural game anyway? I haven't even mentioned his defence yet; abysmal. He is gassed by half time and fades badly.

He will never have to stamina to defend at lock. He might go to an edge but I think he'll find another club. I'd like to keep him on an edge but I don't see a 6 in him at all, which is why I like this signing.

Finally, Brooks is 28...that's 6 years younger than DCE. When we inevitably lose our Captain, we will have a guy with over 200 games of FG experience already in the system. He'll become the dominant playmaker when DCE is either injured, playing Origin, or retired. There's too much emphasis on potential in NRL circles because the media like to hype it up. The reality is potential takes years to refine (particularly in the halves) and sometimes never materialises into the full package. Better to hedge our bets on an established FG to take over from DCE, then hope that we'll have a junior in the system ready to step up in a couple of years time.

Last edited:
All this news about player transfers in the middle of a season is crazy and destabilising!

Just sayin’
Destabilising?
Could just as easily prove to be extremely incentivising.
Schu has half a season to nail down that 5/8 spot, if he's the best player in the game that should be enough time.
Talau and Paulo coming also putting a rocket up the likes of Christian, Raymond, and Brad.
Healthy competition, could be just what Schu needs to get serious (at last).

Let’s be honest, the club have been VERY patient with Schuster.

I like him, he seems like a decent guy & is obviously very talented but it is strange that it’s taking him so long to get match fit & when you look at his history of weight issues, in hindsight it does appear that he’s guilty of being lazy & undisciplined in regards to his diet & training.

Perhaps what Kristie Fulton said (about it always being someone else’s fault & never his) is closer to the truth than any of us have wanted to admit & the club have had enough of pussyfooting around with him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8