The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Although Manly did it a few times tonight....
I'm not disagreeing with you in that Moyza isn't a talent. I'm just saying that he will confuse our attack in the exact same way that the Panthers seem confused. Sometimes having too many options can work against you....and that's my honest opinion of what's been wrong with the Panthers in 2017..... too many talented options.
Not really Champ - won quick plays and simply destroyed Penrith where it hurts most....up the middle
TBH, Manly only stopped scoring after dominating this Exact area for 65 minutes then started playing lateral/sideways....the early points were not won by sweeping backline plays, but winning the contact, play ball and direct hard running with support.
The previous winning Manly teams have always been built on a Powerhouse forward pack and we are well on the way again.

Ah ok yep. I must have imagined the Kelly wide try (and various other carve ups) where the momentum was started.... damn Captain Morgans....
Yes great try to Kelly....wonder how he got the space to outpace Blake who is twice as fast ???
Maybe the space created by winning that middle area ??
Batty - I am a fan of your work - but have s Captain for me while I dunk a Wild Turkey mate

Maybe, but this is not 1980 - the game is based on not setting for that BIG backline move.
More rolling through the middle of the field and winning the ruck and QUICK halves hitting the ball between those A defenders - inside/outside balls.
Again - to have DCE/Moylan/TomT attacking off the back of this - will win games all day.
Winning the ruck and quick play the balls is always the first preferred attacking option since day dot, it is good structures that holds up under pressure when you don't win the ruck that makes the ultimate difference.

Storm have dominated for over a decade now along with Manly previously due to "structure"

And what is Manly's traditional style of play...
Back in the 70s & 80s it was said that we could score tries but not stop them.
5 premierships in 20 years I beg to differ.
Best described as open..
Then move on to the 90s and 2000s we could do both.
Now I think we are way off that but there's good things to build.
I'd describe us as erratically good.

Back in the 70s & 80s it was said that we could score tries but not stop them.
5 premierships in 20 years I beg to differ.
Best described as open..
Then move on to the 90s and 2000s we could do both.
Now I think we are way off that but there's good things to build.
I'd describe us as erratically good.
In the professional era Manly have always been a team based around attacking structure---even when Cliffy was playing.

Even defensively well drilled and structured with an emphasis on size (not always the right kind of size mind you)

Manly are more structured this year than last year, due to the purchase of Green and also being the second year of development.

Winning the ruck and quick play the balls is always the first preferred attacking option since day dot, it is good structures that holds up under pressure when you don't win the ruck that makes the ultimate difference.

Storm have dominated for over a decade now along with Manly previously due to "structure"
Every team will enjoy success winning the ruck - even since day dot....difference these days , teams are willing to stick the faster attacking players in the middle to take advantage of this, rather than having to outspeed players and score in the corner...play through the ruck.
When you don't score here its option B - win tackle 5 - good kick/ chase - reset.

I've always associated Manly with attacking flair, and exciting back lines.
That's what got me hooked donkeys years ago!

I'm sorry what.... I thought we were talking sh@t....

Enjoy mate. Happy days. Our team made the finals. I'm absolutely stoked. Happy as. Kill me now.... maybe not that dramatic but your hearing me.

Enjoy the Turkey....
Sat nite
We probably talking ***t
But hoped we could all see Manly owned the middle and that created the space outside tonight...therefore the game.
Not out to murder you just yet Batty, unless you don't shout 1 each way if I catch up at a game....all is good.

Every team will enjoy success winning the ruck - even since day dot....difference these days , teams are willing to stick the faster attacking players in the middle to take advantage of this, rather than having to outspeed players and score in the corner...play through the ruck.
When you don't score here its option B - win tackle 5 - good kick/ chase - reset.
If you don't win the ruck ad lib offload based teams look like under 20's without good structure.

It's a pleasure to watch the Storm play with structure and science and frustrating/boring watching disorganised adlib off the cuff and hope play that overplays it's hand.

You need a balance and not overly reliant on winning the ruck.

If you don't win the ruck ad lib offload based teams look like under 20's without good structure.

It's a pleasure to watch the Storm play with structure and science and frustrating/boring watching disorganised adlib off the cuff and hope play that overplays it's hand.
True

Interesting that so many on here suggested that the rumour of Green to Warriors was just a media beat up because Manly won last week and was a tactic to destabilise them.Yet no similar sentiments said about a possible Moylan switch

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8