The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
I reckon he does look but is great at making it look as though he hasn't. Kind of like when one walks with their better half, sees an 'attractive sort' and gets a decent look, but is able hide from better half the fact that they have seen the 'attractive sort'. It's all about seeing as much as you need in order to assess the situation...

So that's why people look at me when I'm walking down the street! lol

Maybe.... Shuster does look, sees the player backing up, continues running, then throws the ball to where the player should be!

then it just becomes a matter of time lapsed to determine when a look becomes a no-look.

And as we know... time is a relative construct!
Just like this post travelled 14hrs into the future...

I think its because you deliberately leave your fly undone...

more like....

FXaxHgF.jpg

:(

If he stays on the field he will be a superstar, I have no doubts. But not convinced it will be as a #6.

Game management required in U/18s (i.e. many of whom haven't finished growing) while playing in a stacked junior side, is surely different to game management required in the NRL playing against adults.

Also this isn't the early 1990s where neither of our halves kicked the ball very often. Being a half means having to put in pinpoint long and short kicks, get repeat sets and build pressure. The past 5 years has suggested that we need both our 6 and 7 doing this regularly or our attack becomes ineffectual.

Are Josh's strengths best utilised doing those things at first receiver? I would say no. He probably has even more space on an edge at second receiver where he is essentially already a playmaker with free reign. He can still pick and choose when to combine with his inside/outside men...

For now I am just glad he is out there and getting his hands on the ball.
Maybe I'm missing the point here Scorpio but based on what evidence are you suggesting Schuster couldn't handle 5/8 in first grade. He's played one game there and starred in a beaten side. What I've seen of him with kicking is that he is quite proficient in that regard and in fact some were suggesting in his one shot at 5/8 that he kicked too much. He has a good long and short kicking game, can kick field goals and they were part of his assets in the juniors. The whole value of his game is his ability to control the play and set up his supports. These arguments aren't because of some form of Foranphilia are they Scorp?

Schuster is ahead of his age and his time

He has the vision , skill and strength and speed to break the line and to play anywhere on the field

I would like to see Schuster in the centres when Siro comes back next week
Tom
Saab
Schuster
Harper
Garrick

Maybe I'm missing the point here Scorpio but based on what evidence are you suggesting Schuster couldn't handle 5/8 in first grade. He's played one game there and starred in a beaten side. What I've seen of him with kicking is that he is quite proficient in that regard and in fact some were suggesting in his one shot at 5/8 that he kicked too much. He has a good long and short kicking game, can kick field goals and they were part of his assets in the juniors. The whole value of his game is his ability to control the play and set up his supports. These arguments aren't because of some form of Foranphilia are they Scorp?

No... I just don't agree with the assertion that his talent is somehow wasted playing anywhere other than 5/8.

I also don't see why we need to rush him there, when our current arrangement (with Foran at #6 and Josh outside him as a playmaking edge forward) is starting to look very promising after we have won very little in the past year.

I am sure he will eventually get his shot at 5/8, but given our current lineup and ladder situation I would not be in a hurry to change anything... but that's just my opinion.

He has the vision , skill and strength and speed to break the line and to play anywhere on the field

Tom
Saab
Schuster
Harper
Garrick
By moving schuster i gather you think sirro has more upsides in the backrow than parker at centre. Its an interesting debate . I dont see either player providing a distint advantage over the other. Its been quite a while since sirro played back row with any authority, however he probably has the most potential. Parker has less potential but plays to it more consistently.

Sirro has a good offload that he is saving and parker doesnt have much of one at all.

Where sirro loses out is when we play sirro a foward that has been doing a better job misses out, probably sipley. Sipley has more upside and definately needs match fitness in the top grade.

How good was keppies fend on the weekend, changing the subject

Last edited:

Tom
Saab
Schuster
Harper
Garrick
Leave him on the edge, he is a big body that will terrorise his opposition half and also can throw a quality pass to set his outside men into space....also his defence on that left edge has been Massive and underated....keep him in the back row as it also increases his involvement...and as we are all finding out quickly the more involved Schu is, Manly are better for it

Leave him on the edge, he is a big body that will terrorise his opposition half and also can throw a quality pass to set his outside men into space....also his defence on that left edge has been Massive and underated....keep him in the back row as it also increases his involvement...and as we are all finding out quickly the more involved Schu is, Manly are better for it
Lock would also be a position where he can link from anywhere on the field and sink the opposition
At the moment Slow predictable Jake is a prop playing Lock

I agree.

Lock would also be a position where he can link from anywhere on the field and sink the opposition
There's only 1 problem with Schu Bozo and it's a great problem for us....he is so versatile, enthusiastic and could basically cover any position on the ground...thing is, he adds so much where he is right now and with Turbo freeing up more time for DCE and Foz, backrow is his best value to the team at this time.

There's only 1 problem with Schu Bozo and it's a great problem for us....he is so versatile, enthusiastic and could basically cover any position on the ground...thing is, he adds so much where he is right now and with Turbo freeing up more time for DCE and Foz, backrow is his best value to the team at this time.
Do you think that the predictable Jake does the lock position justice at the moment

There is a perception that Jake is slow, which I understand, but in this new era a fast play the ball is money. Every week, Jake's play the ball is much, much faster than anyone else's in our team - the stats are clear on this. He rarely gets put on his back and his play the ball speed is on average less than 3 seconds per play the ball. This helps the next play immeasurably.

So sure, he might not bust tackles like Paseka or have the leg drive of Marty, but he definitely does bring something to an up tempo style in attack (for those who want to see it). We don't have to go too far back to see this value in this area - look at his two hit ups in the last 1 minute against the Warriors and see how quick his play the ball was, helping the field goal attempts.

No... I just don't agree with the assertion that his talent is somehow wasted playing anywhere other than 5/8.

I also don't see why we need to rush him there, when our current arrangement (with Foran at #6 and Josh outside him as a playmaking edge forward) is starting to look very promising after we have won very little in the past year.

I am sure he will eventually get his shot at 5/8, but given our current lineup and ladder situation I would not be in a hurry to change anything... but that's just my opinion.
Not to mention his exceptional defence. The kid has a massive motor, too - right up there with Jake.

Do you think that the predictable Jake does the lock position justice at the moment
It’s not easy to say anything negative about Jake‘s game and I’m not, but the short answer is no, especially when you compare the Game quality (in terms of speed, support play and taking the line on) of say Murray, Yeo, Taumalolo, Jake is going to be a tough one moving forward, I don’t think he can play out his 6 years at 13, nor do I think that was ever the plan, however I struggle seeing Jake‘s full credentials as a prop also, which is where I imagine he’ll have to go, sure he can play there and will do the job, but can he bend the line like you want your front row to do and provide dominant go forward? defensively no problems, but you need effective hit ups from your big men and Jake isn’t ideally built for that, his size and speed are the question marks, his game is solid that’s not the thing, which Prop would you leave out at present to play Jake there and why. We need our big men they are laying the platform that’s been behind our turn around, both in defence but more importantly have been terrific with the ball. Our backline would not be standing up without the hard work our big men have been providing. Jake stays at 13 for the time being, injuries being the only option that may alter that, let’s hope not.

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10