The reinvention of Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
I think that is what we'll get.
The nutty professor would be been stung by his inability to win a comp with, and sacking by the dogs.
And the criticism he received for their style of play.
He does not like losing and his driven by success.
Therefore he would have spent the last 18 months or so in his lab in the basement reinventing his way back.
Reinventing the game.
Can't wait to see the product.

Des will be more keen than us to wade in and assemble a kickass roster :nod:

The 3 hour return travel time he would have wasted will all be channeled into Manly. :)

Love that Manly is already dismissed as a force by the Media. All the pressure will be on Bennett, Cleary, Maguire and Seibold :D

#UnderTheDemountables

I have been out of the loop a bit over the past month but I have a genuine question here.

6 months ago we're all laughing at the Bulldogs and Des's inability to coach in the modern game. Now he is the Messiah again. I feel like I'm missing something here? What's made everyone change their tunes?

This!!

Dont get me wrong, considering the alternatives I am happy Des is back, but he has a lot to prove IMO

I'm particularly worried about Api

I have been out of the loop a bit over the past month but I have a genuine question here.

6 months ago we're all laughing at the Bulldogs and Des's inability to coach in the modern game. Now he is the Messiah again. I feel like I'm missing something here? What's made everyone change their tunes?

I agree to an extent.

However, Des will have a much better squad to work with at Manly than what he had at the Dogs.

Manly have the playmakers but our forwards and basically the whole Team forgot to tackle.:confused:

Our big guys could break the line or make a tackle but then proceeded to loiter with hand on hips as if their role was done (not Jake) :mad:

Des will bring back the defensive structures and the attack will flow. :nod:

Dogs had no real halves of note for Des' tenure:shake:

Barrett was like the dad who treats their kids like a friend instead of a father and lets them do whatever they want and without the latest tech and training facilities didn't know what to do with them. Probably didn't have blue tooth in the gym. Dessie will be like the stern old dad that believes in them and wants the best for them and pushes them to be the best they can be. A nice fella until they act like a brat and then they'll get a serve they won't forget in a hurry. Donny will be the dad that takes them camping and hiking, except camping will be boot camp with the SAS and hiking will be running up the steepest set of stairs in Manly backwards until they pass out or sh*t themselves. No disrespect meant to anyone. Just a similie. Go Manly!

It’s kinda true, but it was a year ago. Pay coached them this year.

I think the bulldog team under des overachieved in the years they made the gf, thanks to des. Then they went back to their level, and a bunch of guys got too old, or left.

Better raw material at manly at present.

Des achieved success at the dogs despite not winning a comp.
His last couple of years were something that will not sit well him.
Plus his halves were fairly ordinary.
He will have thought long and hard about it all.

Pretty simple really,the dogs aren't manly,they would never be able to recreate eagles success.

Butthurt balm.

We have excellent key players and he will get the support players doing their role. The foundations are there but rubbish game plans overrode that.

6 months in Rugby League is along time. Back then some were laughing at the dogs and Desi.. However since then we have become the laughing stock of the NRL. Now some may still question the effectiveness of Des coaching style in the modern game, but he's a much better option than the pretender of a coach we have at the moment whose only style he's exhibited is his perfect modelled hair. So Desi is the messiah. Long live the king!

3 months ago it was all doom n gloom, relocation or fold yada yada.
It won't happen but if we are headed into oblivion I'd rather go down kicking and screaming with Des, than die with a whimper under Barrett or Cartwright!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8