The Supercoach Silvertails Chat about Supercoach Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Your welcome ,so glad I last minute captain changed Milf for Carty..FFS.
I think I have a good team ,I just totally suck for picking C's.

i was struggling early too. Have been sticking with Burgess the last few weeks for good pay off. Good thing is his consistency.

I had Burgo too. Was happy after the Souths game, til I saw Milfs score. I would have won with Milf as C @:mad:

I don't have Milf and my worry is if I fork out at top dollar will he come back to just good.

I need to offload a couple of backs who have probably peaked but there is bugger all good cheapies out there to replace them

Yeh I've resigned myself to missing the Milf boat. Just waving at it as it sails off into the sunset.

I'm kicking myself because I almost pulled the trigger on the Semi Trailer last round but decided I'd wait a week in the hope he might drop another $10K or so. That went well after his 3 try effort on Friday.

Yeh I've resigned myself to missing the Milf boat. Just waving at it as it sails off into the sunset.

I'm kicking myself because I almost pulled the trigger on the Semi Trailer last round but decided I'd wait a week in the hope he might drop another $10K or so. That went well after his 3 try effort on Friday.
Yeah me too.was getting greedy.

I've swapped Coates for Semi this week at the moment.

Want to drop Lowe as well but 10K short on Graham

What to do

Tossing up whether to bring in Fifita? or Semi?
Trade out Parker for Fifita?
I think I also need to get rid of Peats
current squad
Parcell, Peats
JBrom,Graham, BJ, Bateman
CParker, Mannering, Fensom, SBurgo, Saifiti, Leuluai
JT, DCE
Milf, K Nik
T Harris, Croker, K Holland, J Roberts, Vunivalu, C Scott, B Henry
L Mitchell, J Rankin
Would like to get another gun back.
$209k cash

Dumping Peats is a must - will not be playing the same minutes at the GC and is now on the bad bye schedule.

I would say you are 1 back short as well.

Tom T is probably your man (cheaper than Semi), Average about 60, probably another fall this week after his 40. May want to try and time that with byes - Holland will play round 12 but is currently on the drop (how long/far is a bit of an unknown). I am thinking of cashing in on Holland and getting TT for round 13.

Teddy as a fullback could also be an option depending on Origin. With Farrah out his scores may return to where they were now that the halves will get more ball.

When is Teddy back ?? I'm sitting on him at the moment in the hope he plays next week for the first bye round.

When is Teddy back ?? I'm sitting on him at the moment in the hope he plays next week for the first bye round.
hearing teddy wont be back til round 13. im holding onto him at this rate but if he is looking like getting a call up to origin 2 or 3 ill give him the flick coz hes only good for early round bye schedule.

The MILF express derailed last night big time. After being on the end of a couple of defeats because my opposition had skippered him when he went large, it was good to get one back last night. I did have Oates though who went off injured and contributed single figures so that takes a bit of the joy away.

yeah i had copped a milfing once & got one back this week which has pretty much already sealed it with a 300 projected win now.

Tossed out Oates for Semi for this week - happy with that timing.

As I have never tried to use the vc loophole before.Just wondering ,how many points would you require from your Vc????????? so to forfeit your original planned captain & sacrificing for zero points on the new one.

Now is the time where the VC loophole can be great given you will not be able to field a full 17 each week.

You pick a player who plays earlier than your preferred/alternate captain and make them VC. The obvious examples this round are Milford and Hunt. If they go large or well enough you make your captain a player who is not playing. If they have a low score like Milford did last round then you make your captain a player who you think will go well who plays later in the round.

eg I have Milf as VC and Graham as Captain. If Milf goes crap like last week then I stay, if he put on another 80 plus then i swap.

How many players do people have on the field?
I have 11 - used 3 trades this week.
I have 19 trades remaining

11 players and also used 3 trades this week but have 21 left.

Last years winner said after this round you should have 22-24 trades left (anywhere in the ball park is good). Depends how you are set up for the rest of the bye period as well.

I resisted the temptation to use all my trades this week. I think that trading players in just to chase a win in the bye rounds is fraught with danger. Just means you burn another trade later on to get rid of those mid range players you bought in. It's OK if you're trading players in who will be keepers, otherwise you need to think carefully.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8