Time to leave Zorba

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
If Zorba costs Manly a million or two, is his presence worth that? A BIG NO from me. He's had his days in the sun and should sit, or whatever, on the sidelines. If he stays, and we lose Kaspersky, he's only demonstrating his contempt for the club that made him. C'mon Penn, demonstrate some management skills and get him off the board.

I'd prefer he left himself, showing he really cares

DSM5 said:
If Zorba costs Manly a million or two, is his presence worth that? A BIG NO from me. He's had his days in the sun and should sit, or whatever, on the sidelines. If he stays, and we lose Kaspersky, he's only demonstrating his contempt for the club that made him. C'mon Penn, demonstrate some management skills and get him off the board.

I'd prefer he left himself, showing he really cares

mickqld said:
I dont know which is worse. The constant threads with news articles about bickering board members or the constant Des threads. I have a dream, that one day we will all talk about the footy and not the big headed f***wits who are making up stories in the media or board members who think thet are bigger than the club or ex coaches who quite frankly I dont give a rats arse about. By the way did anyone see Dean Ritchie last night on the Game Plan. How big is his head compared to his body. He looks like a balloon head.

I was thinking the same thing myself last night- his head is that big I'm seriously considering replacing the 65'' tv with something a lot smaller...or maybe I simply won't watch the Game Plan...

mickqld said:
I dont know which is worse. The constant threads with news articles about bickering board members or the constant Des threads. I have a dream, that one day we will all talk about the footy and not the big headed f***wits who are making up stories in the media or board members who think thet are bigger than the club or ex coaches who quite frankly I dont give a rats arse about. By the way did anyone see Dean Ritchie last night on the Game Plan. How big is his head compared to his body. He looks like a balloon head.

I was thinking the same thing myself last night- his head is that big I'm seriously considering replacing the 65'' tv with something a lot smaller...or maybe I simply won't watch the Game Plan...

I generally do much more reading than posting on this site. I enjoy reading the general banter . Anyway back to the topic at hand. I was walking towards the leagues club and a well known board member and (I suppose ) a few more higher ups exit the leagues club to go to the game. As I passed the group I heard the well known board member jokingly say " If Phil Sidney is a garden gnome then what does that make him" or close enough to that extent. I heard the majority and didn't want to hear the rest. I wouldn't say that I was evesdropping as I was just walking past and they were joking about it so casually like it didn't matter.
Anyway board members get your crap together, work towards making the Manly Sea Eagles an unstoppable force on and off the field and stop crying to the papers and other media with all this he said / she said bullcrap !!! It is way past embarrassing these days !!!

I generally do much more reading than posting on this site. I enjoy reading the general banter . Anyway back to the topic at hand. I was walking towards the leagues club and a well known board member and (I suppose ) a few more higher ups exit the leagues club to go to the game. As I passed the group I heard the well known board member jokingly say " If Phil Sidney is a garden gnome then what does that make him" or close enough to that extent. I heard the majority and didn't want to hear the rest. I wouldn't say that I was evesdropping as I was just walking past and they were joking about it so casually like it didn't matter.
Anyway board members get your crap together, work towards making the Manly Sea Eagles an unstoppable force on and off the field and stop crying to the papers and other media with all this he said / she said bullcrap !!! It is way past embarrassing these days !!!

Sea Eagle Chris said:
I generally do much more reading than posting on this site. I enjoy reading the general banter .

Feel free to click 'like' on all my posts!

:angel:

Sea Eagle Chris said:
I generally do much more reading than posting on this site. I enjoy reading the general banter .

Feel free to click 'like' on all my posts!

:angel:

• 👍
Reactions: PJ
Dan makes a lot of sense as to why you would even leak the issue about Kaspersky walking unless their is an ulterior motive.

We can't just be critical of one newspaper and believe the other.

By no means and am I sticking up for Zobra as for some time now he has been a dinosaur of our club and offers very little value (based on random comments from fellow silvertails members and recent shenanigans).

It's time for him to bow out, bow out gracefully if he can.

Needless to say, Phil Sidney and David Perry need to be talking to Kaspersky and ensuring that they stay onboard.

Personally I am sick of hearing issue's coming from the boardroom, they need to get their shiite together for the better good of the club as none of them are above the club.

Silvertails members, some food for thought :

"Those who think they know better than others they don't know what the others know".

Dan makes a lot of sense as to why you would even leak the issue about Kaspersky walking unless their is an ulterior motive.

We can't just be critical of one newspaper and believe the other.

By no means and am I sticking up for Zobra as for some time now he has been a dinosaur of our club and offers very little value (based on random comments from fellow silvertails members and recent shenanigans).

It's time for him to bow out, bow out gracefully if he can.

Needless to say, Phil Sidney and David Perry need to be talking to Kaspersky and ensuring that they stay onboard.

Personally I am sick of hearing issue's coming from the boardroom, they need to get their shiite together for the better good of the club as none of them are above the club.

Silvertails members, some food for thought :

"Those who think they know better than others they don't know what the others know".

Rex said:
Daniel said:
A sponsor is just that a sponsor, they do not have a decision based interest in this business, though they do have a right to withdraw funds if they think their brand has been damaged.

Huh? Why wouldn't Kaspersky have every right to withdraw offers of future (unsigned) sponsorship agreements?

And why wouldn't Kaspersky have every right to make their displeasure known if they want to, and however they want to?

If Zorba wants to call a journalist a good sort, or Sidney a garden gnome, that is entirely his right. And if he does, others have a right to take their actions too.

An simple apology from Zorba seems a likely bandaid solution. Sometimes bandaids are all that is needed. And sometimes bandaids can merely hide the seriousness of underlying illnesses.

huh?
Sure they have a right to demand if it is deemed it is damaging their brand, however they do not have a right to demand who and who is not on a board.

I'd like to see what proof you can provide me that this is in anyway damaging for the Kaspersky brand

Rex said:
Daniel said:
A sponsor is just that a sponsor, they do not have a decision based interest in this business, though they do have a right to withdraw funds if they think their brand has been damaged.

Huh? Why wouldn't Kaspersky have every right to withdraw offers of future (unsigned) sponsorship agreements?

And why wouldn't Kaspersky have every right to make their displeasure known if they want to, and however they want to?

If Zorba wants to call a journalist a good sort, or Sidney a garden gnome, that is entirely his right. And if he does, others have a right to take their actions too.

An simple apology from Zorba seems a likely bandaid solution. Sometimes bandaids are all that is needed. And sometimes bandaids can merely hide the seriousness of underlying illnesses.

huh?
Sure they have a right to demand if it is deemed it is damaging their brand, however they do not have a right to demand who and who is not on a board.

I'd like to see what proof you can provide me that this is in anyway damaging for the Kaspersky brand

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7