Tipping Comp Update - Winners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well Round 21 was a pretty successful round of tipping for quite a few. All the home teams bar the Warriors got up, and they only missed out due to a late try by the Sharks. Plenty of tippers scored 7 from 8, and I suspect the Tigers upsetting the Storm cost many of those a full card. Plenty of faith shown in the Sea Eagles in the bonus game as well. I will admit to tipping the Broncs thinking I could jump a couple of spots with the bonus point if Manly faltered. Happy to concede some tipping comp ladder position for a great win like that to keep our finals hopes alive.

Anyway of the 16 tippers who scored 7 from 8, it would be a contest to see who had the most faith in Manly handing out a thirty point thrashing to the Broncs. That tipper was @bob dylan who was only 10 points off the final margin. Well done Bob, let me know if you are in the market for the double pass to Brookie and PM me your name and best email contact [A reminder for @Boofhead to let me know if you want your double pass as well]. Remember there is only 3 home games left this year.

Leaderboard remained pretty stable as all the front runners more or less got 7 from 8 this week. @Vyssini keeps a slim lead over @Clint and @Manly To Win! .

This weeks round tosses up some pretty close contests and will by no means be an easy round of tipping. Bonus game is the Warriors and Dragons as they battle to hold onto the top 8.

Last edited:
A reminder for @Boofhead to let me know if you want your double pass as well.

Hi C&C, it's not looking likely we will get down again this year unfortunately. Please make sure a very loud, vocal and passionate Sea Eagles supporter makes full use of the pass.

Many thanks for all your efforts in running this comp and on the forums generally,

Andrew

Short on time this week. Everyone saw the great Manly win on Friday. Unfortunately the Dogs and Dragons games didn't go our way in terms of our race to the finals. Raiders did get rolled though, which helps.

@Clint @castle eagle and @mjb136 scored a very admirable 6 from 8, but one of our long time members and all round funny bastards @bones went one better with 7 from 8 to win the round. PM me your email address bones if you went the double pass to Brookie.

Clints fine effort has seen him climb to the top to become equal leader with @Vyssini . @Manly To Win! hangs onto 3rd place and @davohan123 another point back in 4th. Bones has moved up a few spots and along with @Eagleheart and @robbiea are only 4 points off first.

Full leaderboard is viewable here

http://silvertails.net/pickem/leaderboard/22.27/

4 Rounds left so start shaking if you want to be in the bake off. Don't forget this weeks round kicks off on Thursday night. Bonus game this week is the Sharks v Storm contest.

Round 23 results are in as the tipping comp enters the last 3 weeks of the season. Not the easiest week of tipping, with a couple ot tough games. Souths and Knights defied popular opinion by knocking off more fancied opposition. No one managed a full dance card this week but we did have 5 tippers who got 7 from 8. Interesting to see that two of those dropped the Tigers game, one missed the Bunnies, but surprisingly the other two expected the Dragons to win. So well done to @Frank , @lsz , and @robbiea for going close this week, but they were no where near the final 28 point margin in the bons game. @ssar came close, only off by a converted try, but not close enough to beat @bob dylan who only missed the margin by 4 to top the round. Well done Bob, if i'm not mistaken that's your second weekly win this season. Let me know if you want the double pass to Brookie. Two games left at the Fortress for this year.

In the overall stakes pretty much all the front runners managed to score reasonably well this week. @Clint has skipped another point clear to sit on top with 120 points. With only 3 rounds left, those more than half a dozen points off the lead are going to struggle unless there are a lot of upsets on the run home. This weeks all important bonus game is the Bunnies and the Dogs, which should be a tough one to pick. Good luck to those still in the hunt, don't forget that the round kicks off on Thursday again this week.

Just happy to have been involved and will use this as a stepping stone for next year....

Given the short turnaround to our last home game on Friday, need to get the weekly winner out there ASAP so that they can claim their double pass should they want it.

Now if I said that we had 4 tippers pick 6 from 8 this week, would you be surprised ? I was. @Lansim @Frank @effnic and @EagleFromMay1967 managed that. Even more amazing is that one tipper got 7 from 8 from this Round 24. Well done @ABTK , maybe Manly cost you the full round ??!!

So let me know if you want a double pass to Tooves' farewell game at Brookie. PM me your name and email contact.

Despite some upsets there for the taking no one could make decent inroads into @Clint lead. He sits 3 points clear with 2 rounds left.....is it enough ?? With 8 tough games this week, I would say that not one of them are going to be easy to tip with any confidence. Bonus game is our match up with the Roosters on Friday night. Good luck to those still in the running.

Last edited:
Normal service will resume next week (ie, 4 out of 8...)...

...and it was Melbourne that cost me!

Round 25 is run and won. Couldn't say the same for Manly's effort unfortunately. Bonus games make all the difference this time of year and when Manly is involved it tests the loyalty. There were a few 7 from 8's this week but Manly let them down for the full round. 6 from 8 including the Roosters for the bonus point was also quite popular. We did have one person who managed 7 from 8 including the bonus point to top the round. Funnily enough the game they missed was the Saints v Titans. Well done @robbiea for finishing number 1 this week. No tickets on offer for the last 2 rounds because we are fresh out of Brookie games for 2015, so you'll just have to bask in the glory of your own magnificence.

Now we get down to the business end of the tipping season and there is only one round left to sort out this years Jan Davis Memorial tipping comp winner. @robbiea effort this week has seen him claw back some ground on @Clint and they are only 2 points apart. Then there is a further 3 point gap back to @davohan123 , @Manly To Win! and @Vyssini , which to be honest could be a bridge too far unless it is upset central this week.

So @tookey should be loosening the tiara in preparation to hand it over to this years winner. Will it be @Clint, our serial tipping comp pest, never far from the top and on track for his 4th top 2 finish in a row. Or can @robbiea shake things up after a very consistent year of tipping.

The final bonus game for 2015 will be another to tug at the heart strings, Dragons v Tigers. In this game rests the fate of Many's continued participation in 2015. Will head rule heart ??

Good luck all and thanks for being part of the comp this year, your contribution is appreciated.

Last edited:
The final bonus game for 2015 will be another to tug at the heart strings, Dragons v Titans. In this game rests the fate of Many's continued participation in 2015. Will head rule heart ??

Good luck all and thanks for being part of the comp this year, your contribution is appreciated.
Guess Titans is a typo....should be Tigers.

And thank YOU @Chip and Chase for running/managing the comp - your efforts are greatly appreciated.

So much like Manly's season the Jan Davis Tipping Comp draws to a close for 2015. Firstly we must acknowledge the Round 26 winners, who gain no reward other than the joy of finishing the season on a high note like Tooves and the boys. Once again no one managed a full card, but we did have 5 tippers who got 7 from 8. A couple of familiar names in that lot having being previous winners themselves. @Roger , @ssar , @Mals and @Corso_Pete did well, but they didn't get the Dragons winning margin as close to spot on as round winner @StuBoot did. Well done Stu, good way to round out the year.

Some good tipping this week by @davohan123 and @Vyssini saw them make a late bid for the upset win, but they were just too far back to make it happen. So as suspected it was a battle of two between @robbiea and @Clint , and as it turned out the result came down to the result of the Manly v Sharks game. @Clint stuck solid and managed to hold out @robbiea by one point in the end. Well done @Clint , your consistency over the last 4 years proves this is no fluke. So you've earned yourself a family membership next year courtesy of the MWSE and a Beaver signed 9's jersey to go with your recently acquired Cliffy one. PM me your email address and postal address again and I will sort out your spoils. Final top 10 finishers were as follows

135 @Clint
134 @robbiea
133 @davohan123
133 @Vyssini
130 @Eagleheart
130 @Mals
130 @Manly To Win!
130 @The Mid Dog
129 @Chip and Chase
128 @ManlyBacker

Thanks again to all who participated this year, hopefully you'll all be back next season. Your contribution helps keep the site going and all those who didn't dip in this year should be thankful for your efforts.

Don't forget that we are still trying to seperate @Frank and @tookey in the LFS comp so the frivolities aren't over yet.

You beauty. That's awesome.
I thought first prize was family membership. Didn't realise I got a signed Beaver jersey as well. Woohoo...:party::party::party::party:
As always thanks to C&C for all his efforts in running the comps. I can appreciate that a lot of time and effort goes into running these. Your efforts do not go unnoticed mate. :thumbsup:
Thanks to @Dan for allowing us to share in his dream. As everyone appreciates mate this is an awesome site and we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you.
Thanks guys and Go Manly in 2016!!

You beauty. That's awesome.
I thought first prize was family membership. Didn't realise I got a signed Beaver jersey as well. Woohoo...:party::party::party::party:
As always thanks to C&C for all his efforts in running the comps. I can appreciate that a lot of time and effort goes into running these. Your efforts do not go unnoticed mate. :thumbsup:
Thanks to @Dan for allowing us to share in his dream. As everyone appreciates mate this is an awesome site and we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you.
Thanks guys and Go Manly in 2016!!
Congrats Clint :thumbsup:
Big thanks again to C&C for running the comp :clapping:

Well done Clint, congrats. This year was a very tough year to tip.

Thanks C&C and Dan for another successful comp. :)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8