Today's Worm Castings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dave Warwick has gone. I had a lot of experience knowing Warwick over 10 years and I am happy he is gone and so are a lot of people

So ZtH into recruitment until De$ and Cru$her come back, gee all of that is something to look forward to!!

You mean the sort of stupid thing like not offering Gift any sort of contract, you know, like Quantum & the FC did or should I say didn't do together.

Good foresight as being on the sidelines for 600K per year makes him the equivelant of a $1M plus player per game. He is good but not that good.

Icing on the cake was clearing out choc as well who has spent half the year sidelined with injury

So ZtH into recruitment until De$ and Cru$her come back, gee all of that is something to look forward to!!
MANLY won't replace club recruitment manager Dave Warwick, who has moved on.

We hear that new assistant coach John Cartwright will also have recruitment in his Brookvale portfolio.

And Cartwright is known to be a fine judge.

* DEAN RITCHIE is a senior reporter for The Daily Telegraph
Twitter: @bulldogritchie

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
I think everyone is more or less on the same page that it was the right decision in a footballing sense to lose Glenn Stewart. His game on Friday night tended to highlight that. However the internal ructions from that decision are still being felt - which ironically reinforces why it was the right decision! Just like trying to move Monaghan on, as someone else mentioned, was ultimately for the best. Thanks for stuffing that one up Max.
Manly has also reduced the risk of walking over a footballing demographic cliff by 'forcing' Stewart, Watmough, Kite and Rose (would like to have kept them both) to depart. Just look at the Australian cricket team - the second time in ten years they will go through a huge turnover in players, because they allowed a few guys to play just 'one more series'.

It's a cruel game and in the modern era , apart from the exceptions it seems to be a young mans game.

Faster, fitter , maybe not yet having suffered a major injury, are all important parts of recruitment.

Jake Turbo is a great example in comparison to someone like BoChocs.

I reckon you will see more and more situations like we are seeing with Matty B, you are good for a while but then sadly the game moves past you!

Mind you I don't think Ballin is done and dusted just yet but compare him to say Jake Granville to see what I mean.

It goes to the board for the final go ahead but it's a done deal once the retention / recruitment management have already approved it. Under Dave Warwick who was in charge of recruitment. CEO Perry at the time, Warwick, Gigg and Toovey made up the retention committee. My close understanding was none of them wanting Glen Stewart to stay. There was never even a chat / hello can we get together have a talk etc or an offer for Glen after all his time at the club and because of this, their time at the club was going to eventually come to an end
And these guys are now gone or being moved on. Maybe a bad move by them to handle it the way they did.

Care to expand on that?
No
And these guys are now gone or being moved on. Maybe a bad move by them to handle it the way they did.
Maybe so , but it was their roll but obviously didn't think anything would come of it, as I am aware, there was no offer made to Glen Stewart at all and he would have stayed for less $$$$ to play out his time here, but they didn't want him. I think it's good personally there are new changes here. Too much $$$$ has been wasted by the previous management, will be good when the club is back to its best

No

Maybe so , but it was their roll but obviously didn't think anything would come of it, as I am aware, there was no offer made to Glen Stewart at all and he would have stayed for less $$$$ to play out his time here, but they didn't want him. I think it's good personally there are new changes here. Too much $$$$ has been wasted by the previous management, will be good when the club is back to its best

Hi Scott!

Are you saying the recruitment committee shouldn't have backed their judgement as to what is absolutely best for Manly? That they should have sacrificed Manly's best interests to protect their career from vindictive reprisals?

Are you saying the recruitment committee shouldn't have backed their judgement as to what is absolutely best for Manly? That they should have sacrificed Manly's best interests to protect their career from vindictive reprisals?
No, just saying that they could have handled the situation a bit better then they did. Maybe they could have talked to Gift and at least let him know that unfortunately they thought he was not part of their future plans.

Dave Warwick has gone. I had a lot of experience knowing Warwick over 10 years and I am happy he is gone and so are a lot of people
G'day all, Is that the same Dave Warwick that Hasler was so pissed off with when he didn't join his deserters ship?
cheers mike

No, just saying that they could have handled the situation a bit better then they did. Maybe they could have talked to Gift and at least let him know that unfortunately they thought he was not part of their future plans.
And you know they didn't do that?

Danny the Worm is trying to pump up a feud between Bozo and Tim Cleary now. (Also in case you are interested, no mention of Mundane but SBW got his weekly PR plug)

Tim Cleary's call to sack Bob Fulton's daughter Kristie exposes Manly Sea Eagles' family affairs
Danny Weidler
The Manly club operates at its best when it adopts a siege mentality, but it appears there is an internal war ready to erupt and no one at the club is safe.

In recent years, the Sea Eagles playing group was split, the senior group, led by Anthony Watmough and Brett and Glenn Stewart, at loggerheads with Daly Cherry-Evans and his crew. That battle may be viewed as mild compared to the one that is about to take place.

1489224269986.jpg

Trouble brewing: Tim Cleary has decided to make his mark and take on club legend Bob Fulton (pictured) head on. Photo: Getty Images
At the start of the year, Manly appointed a new chief executive, Tim Cleary, with the approval of chairman Scott Penn.

In recent weeks Cleary has decided to make his mark and take on club legend Bob Fulton head on. Cleary claimed his first victim during the week when Kristie Fulton, Bob's daughter, was told that she was no longer needed. This column has been told she was not given a reason for her sacking. Kristie started at the club looking after the juniors, but progressed into working in a more commercial role.

It is fair to say her removal did not go down well with her father, and he is sure to want her reinstated. Moves are already under way to make that happen. The problem is that Kristie's sacking came from the man running the club, Cleary, which will pit him head-to-head with Bob Fulton, the man who everyone thinks has the power at the club.

Fulton's sons, Brett and Scott, have ties to the club, and obviously Bob will have them in his corner. Fulton also has chief operating officer Neil Bare on his side.

Kristie's removal is a clear warning from Cleary that he has bigger targets in mind. He would have known the ramifications of her dismissal. It is worth noting that Fulton runs the football department and Cleary the administration, making Fulton a hard target, if that's Cleary's intention.

Don't be surprised if she moves towards a wrongful dismissal case.

Two members of the Manly football club are also on stress leave. But that has nothing to do with Kristie. The chief executive's personal assistant has also quit.

Penn is aware of what has happened and is known to be of the view that everybody needs to get on with things, as any professional organisation would.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ea-eagles-family-affairs-20170311-guw2sh.html

No

The changes have rally made a difference

We are now challenging for the wooden spoon for the second year running instead of challenging to be premiers

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4