Trex signs with dogs :(

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
globaleagle said:
Well I hope he stays.

I hope he reads this post and it makes him stay.

That will be tomorrow's headline.

Manly second rower Tony Williams turns his back on lucrative offers to stay with the club after reading thread on Silvertails.net.

"I just couldn't leave knowing the fans wanted me here so badly", the SOO star said.

"Its the only club I want to be a part of".

I am a bit surprised but my father phoned at 8pm tonight and said John Gibbs said on radio this evening that TRex had signed with the Dogs and will not play at Manly for 6 weeks or so as injured the lower spine / vertabrae after 10 mins in Origin.

mickqld said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
lsz said:
Geez you lot turn quickly when there is even a mention, not confirmation, a mention of a player leaving

Do we need to dig up the Foran thread?

What will it take for any of you to learn the lesson of not reading into media speculation before you put the boot into a player?

Not often i say it but MK hits the right note here...

The difference was Manly was trying to resign Foran. There is no money for Manly to even make Trex an offer.

Then why did Tooves say today that they are still negotiating with him and trying to work out an offer.

exactly why does he ? team morale maybe.

The Who said:
Supernintendo Chalmers said:
The Who said:
I wonder why players are signing before it's known what the salary cap will be next year. There could be a lot more money avaiolable next season.

most signings these days would be % of the cap deals rather than flat $$ amounts. That way it covers them in the event of cap rises and gets the deals done rather than everyone stalling at once waiting.

Thanks for the explanation. It would be easier to keep track of salary cap rorts if jersey numbers were replaced with salary percentages.

So Foz will run on in #14 :) I actually don't care what number he wears.

I hope this is all rubbish 'cos it is just seriously wrong of T to not re-sign with us. If true, and add in the suspension and injuries and it isn't so bad, but it would still be one of the most disloyal acts in the history of our club. The playing ghosts of Rambo and Shearer are alive and well.

Thanks T-Rex for your wrecking ball runs.

Pleased to see you go from a player with the mobility of the 'queen mary' and 'lazy' to a star in our team, but I am not pleased to see you go.

weev said:
Thanks T-Rex for your wrecking ball runs.

Pleased to see you go from a player with the mobility of the 'queen mary' and 'lazy' to a star in our team, but I am not pleased to see you go.

This!

T-Rex - you're going to regret this decision if it is in fact true. Manly Warringah RLFC, you can check out but you can never leave.

ok this is from Peters so I guess It's more likely to be true as he seemed to be on the money about brett and keiran

BIG Tony Williams, with a grand total of three NRL games this season, is hours off deciding his future.

The T Rex is faced with the following:

* Staying with his close teammates at Manly on about $1.2 million for the next three seasons;

* Taking $1.6 million and joining Rugby League’s player graveyard at Parramatta, his junior club.

* Accepting $1.6 million over the next three years at the Bulldogs, now a slight favourite to sign him.

Manly are aware of the heavy negotiations in the last few days and are keen to press on with talks with other current players if they lose out on Williams.

Of the three choices, I feel he should stay where he is - Manly have been good for the former utility back
so we are $133k a year short of the other two.
Maybe the club is doing a quick hunt for Third Parties.

If manly are offering 400K a year and he goes surely that 400K budgeted to T-Rex would go along way to upping the Offer to brett and Ballin.

Cameron said:
ok this is from Peters so I guess It's more likely to be true as he seemed to be on the money about brett and keiran

BIG Tony Williams, with a grand total of three NRL games this season, is hours off deciding his future.

The T Rex is faced with the following:

* Staying with his close teammates at Manly on about $1.2 million for the next three seasons;

* Taking $1.6 million and joining Rugby League’s player graveyard at Parramatta, his junior club.

* Accepting $1.6 million over the next three years at the Bulldogs, now a slight favourite to sign him.

Manly are aware of the heavy negotiations in the last few days and are keen to press on with talks with other current players if they lose out on Williams.

Of the three choices, I feel he should stay where he is - Manly have been good for the former utility back
so we are $133k a year short of the other two.
Maybe the club is doing a quick hunt for Third Parties.

If manly are offering 400K a year and he goes surely that 400K budgeted to T-Rex would go along way to upping the Offer to brett and Ballin.

more

THE GRAVEYARD

CERTAINLY Parramatta would be my last option if I was his manager.

Parramatta are throwing everything they have at T Rex as the 2012 wooden spoon favourites try desperately to deflect pressure from this season by giving fuming fans something to look forward to from next year and beyond.

But the Eels are anything but electric any more. They are running on pedal power and the club is littered with big name players who accepted inflated contracts to go there and put an immediate full stop on their careers.

Chris Sandow is the latest player to join the Parramatta player cemetery. He took the big bucks and left Souths and is now buried amidst bad performances and talk he simply isn’t fit enough to play NRL football. A season ago the little halfback was wowing them at South Sydney and was one of the glamour players in the competition.

A few seasons back Justin Poore (St.George Illawarra) and Shane Shackleton (Roosters) were considered players with big futures.

They have died a slow death at Parramatta and are only shadows of the players they were with former clubs.

Williams wants to remain at Manly but like most Pacific Island players has his big family to think about in whatever decision he makes.

THE BINGO FACTOR

WHEN Williams joined Manly as an unknown giant from Parramatta under-20s he was considered a work in progress.

He had chronic hamstring problems and the Sea Eagles coaching and medical staff worked hard on stripping the big man back, changing his body shape and actually introducing the correct running gait for his size and weight. The then sprint coach Clayton Kearney worked many hours getting Williams to move his massive frame to a more upright running style to maximise the power in his tree trunk legs.

Williams has amazing agility for a big man, nullified by his running style. Once Williams got the fitness and speed levels required, he started the slow transition to the forwards from his initial NRL days as a winger or centre.

Bingo. In just over half a season Williams became the “X factor” in Manly’s charge to the premiership.

This maybe be way off, but I find only a very rare breed of Kiwi's (and I consider Foran an Aussie, he grew up on the Central Coast) to have that loyalty card in their deck.

One of of those include Matai.

In my opinion, they'll farm themselves out to whoever gives them the more $$$, like Williams, Tasi and Hargreaves, without regard for prior club and/or opportunity.

Manly stuck with T-Rex while he floundered, and again, this year, he's showed bare minimal value on the park.

Good luck to him at The Bulldogs, but one has to ask:-

01. Ben Barber (Huge upgrade - actually home produced !!)
02. Steve Turner (Big buy from Storm)
03. Josh Morris (Huge buy from Dragons)
04. Krisnan Inu (Big Contract transfer from The Warriors)
05. Bryson Goodwin (Decent signing from The Sharks)
06. Josh Reynolds (Budget signing from Dragons - will get huge upgrade)
07. Trent Hodkinson (Big buy from Manly)
08. James Graham (Massive buy from the UK)
09. Michael Ennis (Massive buy from Bronco's)
10. Aiden Tolman (Big buy from The Storm)
11. Greg Eastwood (Big Buy from The UK)
12. Tony Williams (Massive buy from Manly)
13. Frank Pritchard (Massive by from The Panthers)

14. Dene Halatau (Pretty big signing from Tigers)
15. Sam Kasiano (Negotiating big upgrade right now)
16. Corey Payne (Decent Buy from The Tigers)
17. David Stagg (Massive Buy from The Broncos)

OMG - they will have TWO players that have gone through their junior ranks. Every other player is bought from another teams first grade squad !

That also shows they would have had to pay overs to get them, and don't forget, The Dogs have a record of breaching salary caps, and enticing people to breach contracts.

Other notables:-

18. Kris Keating (Average signing from Parramatta)
19. Mitch Brown (Average signing from Tigers)
20. Luke MacDougall (Probably base contract from Rugby Union)
21. Michael Lett (Average signing from Dragons)
22. Joel Romelo (Probably base contract from Cenberra Raiders)
23. James Gavet (Probably base contract from The Warriors)
24. Tim Browne (Probably Base contract from The Sea Eagles)

I don't get that their junior squads are so strong, yet they use TWO juniors in their top 25 (I'm classing juniors as those who haven't played for another club).

Didn't the Forans grow up around St Ives? I'm quite certain they did. It would be a very dedicated family that drove their sons to and from Asquith, from the Central Coast, to train and play with the Asquith Magpies.

Oh my god i cant believe what they are doing to us. This is so unfair that the Manly club is being treated this way! why are we being targeted this way.
I just read a story from a very reliable source that the sky is falling. It is not confirmed yet, but this guy is rarely wrong.
I know it is not confirmed, but i want to put it on the record that i knew the sky would fall down, it has always let us down and favoured the Queensland clubs during the winter months. we need a less injury prone bigger sky, this old crappy one can easily be replace
It is panic stations here! Especially since i also heard unconfirmed reports that Trex was leaving too. Must all be true

T-Rex should do an Inu and go to the Dogs from 1st July if he is in fact leaving next season anyway.

This would enable Manly to bring through healthy talent who actually play on game days.:idea:

Thanks for the memories ... now Step up all those that want to play for Manly Premierships :angel:

HappilyManly said:
T-Rex should do an Inu and go to the Dogs from 1st July if he is in fact leaving next season anyway.

This would enable Manly to bring through healthy talent who actually play on game days.:idea:

Thanks for the memories ... now Step up all those that want to play for Manly Premierships :angel:

Thats narrow minded should he sign elsewhere he will give his all for the eagles for the remainder of his contract. You cant blame a young bloke for trying to secure his future.

Lol Ryan you do realize that not every big black guy with an islander sounding name is a kiwi mate ?

Williams has never lived here at all and is not a kiwi, has played his rep footy for tonga and Australia

Maybe it could be T-Raitor lol All those years of crap out in the backs, we get him right and he goes!! sad!!

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Kiwi Eagle said:
Lol Ryan you do realize that not every big black guy with an islander sounding name is a kiwi mate ?

Williams has never lived here at all and is not a kiwi, has played his rep footy for tonga and Australia

What's with the Kiwi accent he has then?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6