• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Went a cruise on a cruise a few years back and wound up on board with a Souths Supporters group tour of over 200. They were constantly wearing South Sydney supporters gear. Manly played Souths during the cruise and it was on on the big screen on the top deck. We won with a DCE field goal in extra time. The souths group up there were not happy Jan! Good times!

Kayo is just Fox but streamed instead.

Ive still got Fox, it’s a premium as far as cost goes but I hear Kayo cab be absolute crap at times ???
We switched from Foxtel to Kayo years back and haven't really regretted it. The quality depends on the quality of your internet connection and the streaming box you're watching it on. Newer TVs will have a Kayo app available for the system, but the best experience we've had has come from an Apple TV box. It's pretty seamless with an Apple TV, and the HD quality is passable.

Kayo will finally be showing the NRL in 4K this year (along with the AFL, F1 and cricket), so it'll be interesting to see how the quality of their 4K streams compares to the quality of a Foxtel box.

Info on the 4K switch is here: Kayo Sports to launch 4K streaming option alongside streamlined subscription packages

We switched from Foxtel to Kayo years back and haven't really regretted it. The quality depends on the quality of your internet connection and the streaming box you're watching it on. Newer TVs will have a Kayo app available for the system, but the best experience we've had has come from an Apple TV box. It's pretty seamless with an Apple TV, and the HD quality is passable.

Kayo will finally be showing the NRL in 4K this year (along with the AFL, F1 and cricket), so it'll be interesting to see how the quality of their 4K streams compares to the quality of a Foxtel box.

Info on the 4K switch is here: Kayo Sports to launch 4K streaming option alongside streamlined subscription packages
My last Foxbox was 4K but you were lucky to get more than 1 or 2 NRL games a week, quality was a little better but hardly noticeable, I have Foxtel Now these days, it allows me to watch it anywhere I go.

Fuk seriously my Kayo is sh*t constant buffering and poor quality. Stream from my phone via chromecast. It's not my internet because every other stream service is perfectly fine. Even Stan sport is better.

Int
Fuk seriously my Kayo is sh*t constant buffering and poor quality. Stream from my phone via chromecast. It's not my internet because every other stream service is perfectly fine. Even Stan sport is better.
Interesting, mine works without fault

Bugger. Is there not a Kayo app for the Chromecast, so you don't have to stream from your phone? Or maybe your TV has a native Kayo app you could try?

There were a number of years that we swapped out game so that we were the “ home side “ , the dollars were huge in comparison.

Then we got Magic Round , and I think we had a 5 year agreement to play the Donkeys on Friday night ( still big money ) , from memory that expires in 2024.

So if there’s magic round next year it’s unlikely we’ll be a “ home “ team and we wouldn’t be playing Brisbane.

You’d assume it’s back to Mudgee and then one other game to be moved , maybe Perth v the Warriors again !!
Unrelated to this post but I'm looking at getting a van for retirement to go with the landcruiser. I know you go off road. Looking for suggestions for good rugged van - say mid size. Not wanting to pack & unpack anything once on the road. Any brands worth considering or staying away from?

Cheers - Jerry

There are different versions of chromecast. You need to get a new one that handles HD streams. Mine is the same old version - I find if I take the laptop & use the HDMI cable to the TV it works fine. Streaming it to the TV from a PC is pants. Funnily enough - streaming channel 9 etc to the TV via chromecast works fine.

Eagles confirmed team (Alphabetical order):

Josh Aloiai (C)
Jakob Arthur
Luke Brooks
Cameron Brown
Nathan Brown
Ethan Bullemor
Gordon Chan Kum Tong
Ben Condon
Clayton Faulalo
Bailey Hodgson
Lehi Hopoate
Jamie Humphreys
Aitasi James
Karl Lawton
Max Lehmann
Dean Matterson
Taniela Paseka
Jaxson Paulo
Jacob Sykes
Tommy Talau
Ben Trbojevic
Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
Corey Waddell
Brandon Wakeham
Aaron Woods

Not a bad side..lots of good first graders and NRL ...

We finally have some depth.. nearly a full NRL side out

No:
Turbo
Jake
DCE
Garrick
Hamoule
Shu
Koula
Parker
Saab
Sipley
Croker
Lodge
Vaega
And we just release Tuipulotu

Last edited:
Yeh Fox is a few more $$$
But I can go camping and watch Fox now on my phone and it's a smooth clean product....investment if ya love ya footy 🤟

Unrelated to this post but I'm looking at getting a van for retirement to go with the landcruiser. I know you go off road. Looking for suggestions for good rugged van - say mid size. Not wanting to pack & unpack anything once on the road. Any brands worth considering or staying away from?

Cheers - Jerry
Send me a DM let’s talk offline

Eagles confirmed team (Alphabetical order):

Josh Aloiai (C)
Jakob Arthur
Luke Brooks
Cameron Brown
Nathan Brown
Ethan Bullemor
Gordon Chan Kum Tong
Ben Condon
Clayton Faulalo
Bailey Hodgson
Lehi Hopoate
Jamie Humphreys
Aitasi James
Karl Lawton
Max Lehmann
Dean Matterson
Taniela Paseka
Jaxson Paulo
Jacob Sykes
Tommy Talau
Ben Trbojevic
Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
Corey Waddell
Brandon Wakeham
Aaron Woods

Not a bad side..lots of good first graders and NRL ...

We finally have some depth.. nearly a full NRL side out

No:
Turbo
Jake
DCE
Garrick
Hamoule
Shu
Koula
Parker
Saab
Sipley
Croker
Lodge
Vaega
And we just release Tuipulotu
Veaga there mate

There are different versions of chromecast. You need to get a new one that handles HD streams. Mine is the same old version - I find if I take the laptop & use the HDMI cable to the TV it works fine. Streaming it to the TV from a PC is pants. Funnily enough - streaming channel 9 etc to the TV via chromecast works fine.
Thanks @Jerry1 will give that a try. Streaming Kayo from my laptop via chromecast is marginally better than my phone but I'll try the direct approach with hdmi cable.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8