Turbo or Gutho? Who would you prefer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who would you prefer

• Total voters
Anyone who voted for tommy is a peanut. Parramatta have got 10x the value for money for gutho than we have from turdo
images (4).jpeg

I'd prefer both, but with Turbo on a reduced salary of $1M. They could alternate between fullback & centre. Gutho is a very consistent player and rarely has an bad game. He is very fit & plays with maximum effort every game. He is safe under the high ball, puts his body on the line in defence, is always close to the action and is a great support player. He is playing in a good team and leads it by example. In this respect, I'd say he surpasses DCE. At age 26, he is reaching the height of his powers. In comparison, I think Turbo has a higher ceiling & will continue to improve if he can remain free of injuries. We witnessed this last year when he was the best player in the comp for the first 6 rounds.

Gutho was released ~ September 2015
Walker was signed ~ December 2015
But how long were negotiations going on with Walker prior to Gutho's release?

If the negotiations were going on with Walker prior to Gutho's release, was it because of those negotiations that forced the Club's hands to release Gutho to free up some cash to sign Walker?

But how long were negotiations going on with Walker prior to Gutho's release?

If the negotiations were going on with Walker prior to Gutho's release, was it because of those negotiations that forced the Club's hands to release Gutho to free up some cash to sign Walker?
Gutho was released to make room for either Walker or Taupau. But at the end of the day we lost a player who could have easily played centre / five eighth and gained a player who can cover the same positions only who has proved to be relatively ****e by comparison.

Gutho was released to make room for either Walker or Taupau. But at the end of the day we lost a player who could have easily played centre / five eighth and gained a player who can cover the same positions only who has proved to be relatively ****e by comparison.
Agreed.
As far as I am concerned, Gutho should never have been released and especially since he had only just signed a contract renewal.

For those that may not have noticed just yet, I have added 'Both still at Manly' to the Poll Options if you would like to change you current vote.

The same people wanting us to turf Turbo now after 2 years battling injury are the ones bemoaning us turfing Gutho after two years battling injury.......go figure

Last edited:
2 good players. At their peak Turbo is a better player no doubt but over a season Gutho offers more. We just need to find a way to make the finals without Turbo and hope he can play 3 games straight

For those that may not have noticed just yet, I have added 'Both still at Manly' to the Poll Options if you would like to change you current vote.
Anyone who doesn't want this needs their head read assuming unlimited salary cap

The same people wanting us to turf Turbo now after 2 years battling injury are the ones bemoaning us turfing Gutho after two years battling injury.......go figure
I don't want us to turf Turbo, but I do think he's taking up way too much of our cap. Ditto DCE... I want to keep him but he and the Turbos together are making it impossible for us to field a squad that has enough depth to win the comp.

In a hypothetical world where Turbo plays whole seasons, Turbo. In the actual world, I'd rather we had both but Turbo only on $600k.

Both were local juniors who were excellent juniors. They both belong to Manly and Gutho should NEVER have been asked to leave. He still lives in the area.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8