Watmough facing two match ban

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can see why the ref might have thought it could have been a chicken wing on the day, but with the ability to watch replays to make a charge and they come up with a grade 2 has me staggered.

Choc should fight it and will win ... that being said, if we weren't in such a precarious spot with regards to making the top 4. I probably would have been happy to give him a week off but we need him this week.

I can see why the ref might have thought it could have been a chicken wing on the day, but with the ability to watch replays to make a charge and they come up with a grade 2 has me staggered.

Choc should fight it and will win ... that being said, if we weren't in such a precarious spot with regards to making the top 4. I probably would have been happy to give him a week off but we need him this week.

THE Sea Eagles are set to fight the charge of an alleged "chicken wing" tackle by Anthony Watmough during last Saturday night's gutsy 24-22 win over the Warriors in Perth.

The dynamic backrower faces a possible two weeks on the sideline for the tackle on Warrior Kevin Locke in the 39th minute.

"We are looking at it and are pretty positive we will fight it at this stage," Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey told the Manly Daily.

"As I have said before the whole judicial system is out of whack."

Watmough was charged with grade two dangerous contact - unnecessary arm/shoulder pressure by the NRL Match Review Committee yesterday.

An early plea carries 187 points which would mean a one-week suspension.

If he fights the charge and loses Watmough cops 250 points and two weeks on the sideline. Despite pleading his innocence at the time Watmough was penalised but not placed on report; Locke played on.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/not-a-chicken-wing/

THE Sea Eagles are set to fight the charge of an alleged "chicken wing" tackle by Anthony Watmough during last Saturday night's gutsy 24-22 win over the Warriors in Perth.

The dynamic backrower faces a possible two weeks on the sideline for the tackle on Warrior Kevin Locke in the 39th minute.

"We are looking at it and are pretty positive we will fight it at this stage," Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey told the Manly Daily.

"As I have said before the whole judicial system is out of whack."

Watmough was charged with grade two dangerous contact - unnecessary arm/shoulder pressure by the NRL Match Review Committee yesterday.

An early plea carries 187 points which would mean a one-week suspension.

If he fights the charge and loses Watmough cops 250 points and two weeks on the sideline. Despite pleading his innocence at the time Watmough was penalised but not placed on report; Locke played on.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/not-a-chicken-wing/

Choc has pleaded guilty but challenging the grading

If he wins, he still misses 1 week but won't have any carryover points

Kiwi Eagle said:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Choc-to-challenge-chicken-wing-grading/60524

Edit; next time i will read articles properly and not listen to kiwis...

Kiwi Eagle said:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Choc-to-challenge-chicken-wing-grading/60524

Edit; next time i will read articles properly and not listen to kiwis...

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Kiwi Eagle said:

I don't think thats right. From what I heard a successful down grade will mean he won't miss any weeks but have 75 carry over points?

Kiwi Eagle said:

I don't think thats right. From what I heard a successful down grade will mean he won't miss any weeks but have 75 carry over points?

Masked Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

That's correct. He'll have 75 carry overs and play this weekend if successful in downgrade...hence the reason he's pleading guilty now.

I think he should be fine but needs to be careful in the finals.

Masked Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

That's correct. He'll have 75 carry overs and play this weekend if successful in downgrade...hence the reason he's pleading guilty now.

I think he should be fine but needs to be careful in the finals.

I can't understand pleading guilty. That's admitting to the 'crime' but challenging the punishment.
Don't we all think it wasn't a deliberate 'chicken wing'?

I can't understand pleading guilty. That's admitting to the 'crime' but challenging the punishment.
Don't we all think it wasn't a deliberate 'chicken wing'?

I got that from facebook on either the Big League or RLW pages I think, seems the mongrels sold me up the river !!

It said that a successful challenge will mean he gets 100 points meaning he would miss a week but not carrying any points into the crucial part of season

The article must have been updated and it reads far better now :)

I got that from facebook on either the Big League or RLW pages I think, seems the mongrels sold me up the river !!

It said that a successful challenge will mean he gets 100 points meaning he would miss a week but not carrying any points into the crucial part of season

The article must have been updated and it reads far better now :)

SO he admits to being a chicken wiinger even though he didn't do a chicken wing tackle? What a whacked system the NRL has given us. Players are guilty until proven lesser guilty apparently.

SO he admits to being a chicken wiinger even though he didn't do a chicken wing tackle? What a whacked system the NRL has given us. Players are guilty until proven lesser guilty apparently.

The key to this is the wording of the charge " Dangerous Contact" Whilst everyone talks about it as a Chicken wing technically he has been charged for making Dangerous contact which I beleive is difficult to dispute hence the guilty plea and asking for a downgrade as the serverity of it is minimal. For example if the Charge read deliberate Chicken wing then I would of suggested he would of definetly pleaded not guilty.

The key to this is the wording of the charge " Dangerous Contact" Whilst everyone talks about it as a Chicken wing technically he has been charged for making Dangerous contact which I beleive is difficult to dispute hence the guilty plea and asking for a downgrade as the serverity of it is minimal. For example if the Charge read deliberate Chicken wing then I would of suggested he would of definetly pleaded not guilty.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4