Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

The Wheel said:
Looks like Choc will telling all on ch 9 at 6 pm in another exclusive with weirdler
Please post what's said for the two headed folk.
Both heads thank you.:)

Choc has denied it because he is still contracted next year, as soon as November rolls round he will announce it.

strone33 said:
Choc has denied it because he is still contracted next year, as soon as November rolls round he will announce it.

That seems pretty ironclad then. Silly boy Choc. No class from parra or his agent or whoever leaked it.

No doubt the nrl will punish eels and manager.

He could confirm it today if he wanted. He's allowed to negotiate with other clubs beyond 2015. So I don't think he's hiding anything. Parra nor he would be in any trouble unless it was for next year. I think it's BS. Read Elle watmough comments about the media and it all starts to make sense.

strone33 said:
And you know this because you're Choc's, wife, mother, child or cat and he told you personally?

niccipops said:
The Wheel said:
Looks like Choc will telling all on ch 9 at 6 pm in another exclusive with weirdler
Please post what's said for the two headed folk.
Both heads thank you.:)

Choc is sick of old issues being raised. The window for negotiation has passed. Hasn't signed or agreed to terms with anyone. Not talking with anybody till after the Season. No issues with Sid, long resolved. Not crying over Gifty.
But, next contract will be about money only as he has to look after his family - no emotions as it will be his last.

Frustrated about his name being constantly linked to long resolved issues.

Straight from the horses mouth :)

Also said that Snake could have played last week, but it wasn't worth it :p A big FU to the Cows.

After watching the interview I would be very surprised if Choc stays. Very sad indeed.

HappilyManly said:
But, next contract will be about money only as he has to look after his family - no emotions as it will be his last.

Frustrated about his name being constantly linked to long resolved issues.
Thanks HM. Nothing new really. Plenty could be speculated about the contract line but both him and Manly have to sensible about what's best for the future.
I hope he stays.
Love your work Choc.
Great news about Snake.

Surely choc can stay with the long serving allowance topping up his deal. I hope we get close to what he is after.. He would regret leaving I believe and it would be sad to see a legend not play out his days with us.

We simply cannot have snake leave, foran leave, king retire, Jamie getting close to retirement matai leave and choc leave. Too much experience, and it would be a long slow rebuild.

Not saying all or any of that is going to happen, but all thus conjecture is making me very nervous.

RE: Watmough

RiverEagle said:
nodd said:
Stevo said:
nodd said:
Stevo said:
Mate you just pick fights with everyone don't you?

and you don't Heavy Hitter?

I play the ball. Not the man mate.

ok heavy hitter.

If U read the thread @Stevo I disagreed strongly with his view of Choc. He said, " I've been supporting Manly a lot longer than U tough man". A quick look at his profile said he was 44;I joked he must've been a genius at 2 to beat my 40 yrs, as I'm 47.

He updated his details and as far as I know he's 54 and "somehow" a 3rd generation supporter (Manly as U know only began in 1947). So again after he called us all "self-promoters" and me a tosser, I briefly concurred with our opinions of one another. End of.

So no. I didn't even start an argument (he did).
I simply exercised my right of reply, and ended it before it goes further.

As I've said, I've only had an issue with SER8, that is resolved. A serious clash with TC over mental-illness (he's Iggy-Popped permanently).

Some minor personality clashes with @"bob dylan" And just too much crap with U to bother.
(Again I can only see what U say from my mate @nodd responding to U).

And for U, of anyone, to point the tut-tut-stick about conflict, AND claiming U only play the ball, not the man......Joke of the Day, Thx!

U disagree with 90% of whatever gets said.
You've called me an idiot, a sook, a dinosaur and junior somehow that I can recall off-hand. As well as various other insults like "derek's", belittling women (or one regularly). And continue to talk about me behind my back (as U do know now 100% I blocked U).

You're actually the benchmark here for "playing the man and not the ball" in my view (and others) but I'm speaking for myself alone here.

Ultimately I'm finished with this thread now.

My view is clear : I want Choc to stay. I'll be surprised if we release him. But IF he truly doesn't want to stay "Manly for Life" sadly I'd help him pack.

Peace and Joy.

No mate, u started it, I ended it, get over it.

strone33 said:

i saw it in the paper today and as a normal reaction i was upset , at the moment he has denied it as we all know .

From what i was told is that nothing is confirmed and its all hush hush in the watmough camp if true ! nothing has been heard about any contract negotiations he may be having at present.

There is unrest in the team , not as serious as media has made it out to be . ( few reasons behind it , but did not get into detail ).

As tight as the players are not many share personal contract information with other team members.

the meeting between tooves & foran wasnt one or ideal a coach/player should have.

Bright side is , that the boys still have the will to win.
Brett is likely to play this week.

Thanks for that. I suspect it's a generational thing rather than any great animosity, I'm 30ish and feel a certain divide when I meet and or chat to blokes <25

For these senior guys who have achieved most things in the game, it must be hard sensing their own rugby league mortality and a new breed coming thru that understably become somewhat of the focus for management rather than them. I'm sure the guys older than them when they all negotiated their big deals felt the same.

It's a damn shame we have disgruntled players, I want them all to love being at, and playing for manly. But the cycles of a club are unavoidable.

I just hope the admin and management at the club haven't stuffed up or done something to avoid all this.

im also perplexed that foran appears to be siding with the older guard. Who won't even be playing when he is at the peak of his powers.

joeboy said:
Thanks for that. I suspect it's a generational thing rather than any great animosity, I'm 30ish and feel a certain divide when I meet and or chat to blokes <25

For these senior guys who have achieved most things in the game, it must be hard sensing their own rugby league mortality and a new breed coming thru that understably become somewhat of the focus for management rather than them. I'm sure the guys older than them when they all negotiated their big deals felt the same.

It's a damn shame we have disgruntled players, I want them all to love being at, and playing for manly. But the cycles of a club are unavoidable.

I just hope the admin and management at the club haven't stuffed up or done something to avoid all this.

im also perplexed that foran appears to be siding with the older guard. Who won't even be playing when he is at the peak of his powers.

Foran is old school. Doesn't surprise that he's closer with all the senior boys.

panash said:
the meeting between tooves & foran wasnt one or ideal a coach/player should have.

So is there a current issue between Tooves and Foz or has it been dealt with and moved on?

No matter what happens now, the damage is done. Whether it's true or not the season will imo end up a train wreck.

Hamster Huey said:
Disco said:
I'm sure we could do an agreement with Watmough and Parra,

They agree to pay him a 300k signing bonus and he agrees to forgo any payments we owe him

Can't be done. It is deferred payments and must be included in our Cap.
Even if Watmough agrees to forgo the payments as a condition of his release?

*theoretical. . Please don't go Choc

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8