Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

the mauler said:
I'd make Choc honour his contract and he can leave in 2016 with our blessing.
Its too late now to find a replacement for next season.
If the Eels are offering him 3 seasons from 2016 onwards that's just too good to refuse.

If all is true about having signed with Doesntmatta then Yes!, a final year in the NSW Cup to pass on some knowledge is what is required............and an opportunity for others in the top grade.

I think we can survive an exodus to some extent. We do however, need to keep Foz and Snake.

bob dylan said:
Brad Arthur must really make big impressions.

Seriously he was here for 5 minutes and is everyone best friend.

It's not what you know, but who you blow.

He probably butters up all the players and sucks up to their individual egos.

Good ploy. Now that he's at another club, like all coaches, no matter how good you are, if you don't have the personnel, you ain't gonna win. So, he's targeting our players to try and get the BIG win.

Unfortunately, we have some over blown egos about the place and it's an unfortunate part of every day life.

I love how Killer is so humble and he loves being at Manly (reminds me of how humble Beaver is - no ego, completely down to earth).

I also blame the idiots who didn't manage to resolve Gifty's contract last year. People thought it'd just blow over, but guess what? It didn't.

I remember Tooves wanted to re-sign Gift but was pulled back from doing so. Tooves didn't have the power or the say.

Obviously, Souths see something in Gift or they won't have signed him. Our huge loss.

RE: Watmough

RiverEagle said:
I'll agree I fired the 1st shot then @QldEagle01

But your first post and view on Choc was pretty heavy (and did upset a lotta' Choc fans mate). I don't want that to go any further, as we clearly have different views on Anthony. Apart from agreeing if he wants out, then perhaps let it happen.

Let's BOTH get over it now!

Nice tatt! What do ya' think of mine below ("Manly for Life" it says).

She's only a week old, but there's no chance I'll split up and regret it, lol!

Like comparing dongers in the showers. Whose is bigger?

let him go...he's obviously cheesed off and i think it's showing in his past games. the money that he would free up would buy a few good forwards, one back rower and 1 front rower with a bit of "mongrel" in him. if he doesn't want to be here anymore his heart and mind won't be on the job.

Would you be so willing to let Choc play for Doesn'tmatta if Manly had to pay $350,000 for the privilege of having him play against us?
It's been reported that he'll be on $950,000 for us next season, and will only command $600,000 at Doesn'tmatta.
I don;t think so.

In the past three weeks Arthur managed to motivate Doesn'tmatta for 40 minutes of football. It was the second half against us which derailed our minor premiership. The following two matches Doesn'tmatta were flogged by lowly Newcastle and the Faders.
Arthur is no Messiah - he just a naughty boy that stuffed us up.

If he wants to stay he will stay, if he wan'ts to leave let him. No qualms from me either way.

pay him 300k for next year and let him go. Hes earnt it for this year. No problems about that. Save next years salary and give it to the disgruntled to stay and be happy. Otherwise they can all go and put in bids for players and blood the kids.

These supposed figures for Watmough 2015 - 600k plus 300k that is owed, can there be any negotiation with the other club (Parramatta) to release him for 2015 if they cover what has yet to be paid, meaning we dont pay out 300k to watch him play for another club and save 900k (600 of salary cap plus the 300)
Ive seen these players after games and at training and the vibe is aweful, not one we want going forward. I say clear out the cancer

Wonder if there really is an offer, and if so, will it still be there in November? Parra usually sack their CEO every few months, and vote completely different factional boards in every year as they lurch around sacking players by the dozen while attempting to sign player after player, some with too many miles on the clock. Arthur is their 7th or 8th coach in as many years.

Snake said:
I think we can survive an exodus to some extent. We do however, need to keep Foz and Snake.

I agree except I'd replace Snake with DCE.

We can survive without Snake. We would have to do a reshuffle because I don't think Gutherson is the answer at fullback - not yet at least.

The lancing a boil metaphoe has got a bit of a run lately, do you prefer that one?
What about hives?

Central Coast Eagle said:
I really hate it when people refer to professional athletes as "cancer".

I'm sure somebody can come up with a better word to use.

a cancer referring to something that spreads out of control and if you let it go - your history
By the way professional athletes don't behave like this bunch, they may be getting paid to play but does that really make them professional? professionalism comes in many forms CCE

If this is unfolding like the allegations & rumours are been told.

Bigger surprises are to happen after the season I'm afraid.

I'm surprised how some people here share an opinion and get abused ( right or wrong , smart or stupid ).

I personally think watmough has signed ( wirhout any facts ) and I do know that life goes on.

Do you think he or any other nrl player has the same concern on decisions we make in our life's.
just like you don't care 2 hoots what your neighbour thinks about a decision you may make , same goes with watmough & every other player.
No harm done.

Wieldler scoop just posted on twitter..

"Silvertails posters agree to 30 page thread to discuss claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal".

Frank said:
Snake said:

I agree except I'd replace Snake with DCE.

We can survive without Snake. We would have to do a reshuffle because I don't think Gutherson is the answer at fullback - not yet at least.
Gutherson not the answer??? You've got to be kidding mate. He's ready now and has a much more rounded game than Snake did at the same age.
I just hope we can keep him because there's a few clubs throwing big coin at him to leave.

DCE and Foz are the main priorities.

The eventuality is that, regardless of who signs with who, retirement is around the corner for about 5 of our best.

Gutherson can replace Snake.
Hiku can replace Skivvy.
Hodges will replace MB.
Jake T. Will take Starlings spot and he'll come of the bench in place of King.
Dunamis can cover Choc.

The players leaving and or retiring are great players and we may suffer a "dip". But we'll still be competitive.

If Choc wants to go, fine. But if he slags off at the joint, he can forget maintaining the status he currently does. Which will be the saddest part. Look at how Des ruined his legacy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8