Watmough ... You reap what you sow !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
My memories of choc at Manly are all good,now he's gone and 22 pages of flogging a dead horse wont bring it back to life,FMD, I thought TREX copped it from this forum but you guys have gotta let the legends go to other clubs with some dignity.Manly have lost some supermen over the years,can you imagine the flogging Fulton would have copped from the Silvertails!!!!
Love the passion tho
You accept that players move on even club legends but what Choc did with his exit is openly slag off the club that gave him everything, stood by him when on more than one occasion he got into trouble. I have moved on from him and If was able to get outrageous money from a desperate club that happens to be an enemy of ours. Our fans will remember his toughness but will not forget his words either!

My memories of choc at Manly are all good,now he's gone and 22 pages of flogging a dead horse wont bring it back to life,FMD, I thought TREX copped it from this forum but you guys have gotta let the legends go to other clubs with some dignity.Manly have lost some supermen over the years,can you imagine the flogging Fulton would have copped from the Silvertails!!!!
Love the passion tho

You want respect/dignity then give it.
No doubting his passion in maroon and white, but he made his bed.

whatmough.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the passion tho
With all fairness I don't think Fulton denigrated the club as Watmough did, had it not been for the club standing by him during his at times turbulent early years he may never amounted to anything, don't mind him going, it's what he did before and after he left that's the problem with most of us, he treated the club with disrespect and in doing so tarnished his image with those of us had followed his career with pride, although we all have wonderful memories of his contribution to the glory of the past ten years his woeful diatribe after pledging allegiance to our most despised enemy has made this former club legend nothing more than another squeel to heckle and deride. His legacy is lost.

With all fairness I don't think Fulton denigrated the club as Watmough did, had it not been for the club standing by him during his at times turbulent early years he may never amounted to anything, don't mind him going, it's what he did before and after he left that's the problem with most of us, he treated the club with disrespect and in doing so tarnished his image with those of us had followed his career with pride, although we all have wonderful memories of his contribution to the glory of the past ten years his woeful diatribe after pledging allegiance to our most despised enemy has made this former club legend nothing more than another squeel to heckle and deride. His legacy is lost.
Bozo was honourable about his move to Easts, Packer offered him a huge deal with a chance to also be a coach and Arko gave his blessing. Manly allowed Whatmough to leave a season early from his contract, continued to pay him his back ended contract and copped from him abuse and rubbing our noses in it. He was a great player for us but for me he sullied his reputation by slagging off our club after what the club had done for him. He is now a part of the whingermatta culture and soon I predict he will regret his words when he finds out how unforgiving they are.

That's the point though, Choc didn't leave with dignity. He made derogatory comments about the club and coaching staff and actively encouraged other players to leave. That is why Choc cops the abuse on here.

Look at how Brent Kite left, no tantrums, no upheaval or disrespect to the club. He is still spoken of in glowing terms here. That is the difference.
I know its not directly related to the point,but speaking of Kitey,he was was announced as Ron Massey Cup for the Windsor Wolves last Monday,and the air of excitement around the club now is just amazing. My mate, a fellow Manly Supporter is on the board and he had to go to the meeting to sign seal and deliver Kitey there,and he said that he is the nicest bloke you would ever want to meet,and he said to my mate Sam,mate I could talk footy all day if I could,and my mate said ,so could I.Its like a breath of fresh air has gone through the club.When I get the chance to meet him,I will tell him how much he is still loved at Manly

I thought I was done: Watmough

Watmough has revealed he feared his NRL career was over after being forced to learn how to run again following off-season knee surgery.

FIVE weeks ago the 32-year-old told Eels staff he believed his career was over after finding it difficult to walk and run after going under the knife on his troublesome left knee.

Watmough said he went through some "dark moment" as the injuries sustained over his 13-year career took their toll and was forced to contemplate hanging up the boots.

The 32-year-old's disappointing 2015 campaign was cut short by shoulder surgery to repair his bicep and rotator cuff and afterwards decided to finally undergo surgery to reattach his medial ligament - an injury he had been playing with for five years.

At the start of pre-season training, Watmough found himself frustrated with his lack of progress and questioned whether he could add to his tally of 303 NRL games.

"I couldn't walk, I couldn't run, I couldn't do anything," Watmough said.

"About five weeks ago when I first started running, I just said to the physio `I can't run, I can't walk, I think I'm done'.
"I went to the wife and I said `I'm done' and she said `Are you sure?' At the end of the day it's footy. I've had a good career if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. I've had a great run, I've met some amazing people."

It was only after consulting with Eels medical staff who came up with a modified schedule that things started to improve.

He gave himself an ultimatum - if he didn't see progress in a couple of weeks he would give it away.

Watmough started from scratch and was forced to learn how to run again. Little by little he built up confidence and the power in his legs and on Monday ran for seven and a half kilometres.

"I was told I've been playing on one leg for five years," Watmough said.

"To do that in one of the toughest sports in the world, I didn't realise how much it was taking away from my game but obviously it was. Performance hasn't been what it should have been."

After a disappointing 2015 in which he was dropped from the NSW side, a forthright Watmough admits he was nowhere near his best in his first year in Eels colours.

He gives no guarantees he can reach his former heights but says his ordinary form had more to do with his attitude than his injury toll.

He says he didn't embrace the Parramatta club as he should and was too preoccupied with "trying to get in and get out and get home".

"I was still living in Manly and harbouring resentment (towards former club Manly)," Watmough said.

"But life is life. You've just got to move on and I'm really enjoying my time at Parra.

"I didn't embrace it enough last year and that's my own doing. The next year I really want to build on what Parra's got."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/i-thought-i-was-done-watmough/story-e6frf3ou-1227638021641

He gives no guarantees he can reach his former heights but says his ordinary form had more to do with his attitude than his injury toll.

He says he didn't embrace the Parramatta club as he should and was too preoccupied with "trying to get in and get out and get home".
Haha poor old Eel fans will be thrilled to read this news. For whatever attributes Watmough has, tact is not among them.

I see what-now is still winging about Manly. Seriously, its time to move on. Everyone else has.

I dont ever see him getting back to Manly form. He is just waiting out to cash in on his retirement fund.

What is an even more delicious prospect is the potential for Goutmough to suffer a career-ending injury in Round 1, 2016. With those credulous clowns stuck with paying him for at least one more season, if not two more after that.

I thought I was done: Watmough

Watmough has revealed he feared his NRL career was over after being forced to learn how to run again following off-season knee surgery.

FIVE weeks ago the 32-year-old told Eels staff he believed his career was over after finding it difficult to walk and run after going under the knife on his troublesome left knee.

Watmough said he went through some "dark moment" as the injuries sustained over his 13-year career took their toll and was forced to contemplate hanging up the boots.

The 32-year-old's disappointing 2015 campaign was cut short by shoulder surgery to repair his bicep and rotator cuff and afterwards decided to finally undergo surgery to reattach his medial ligament - an injury he had been playing with for five years.

At the start of pre-season training, Watmough found himself frustrated with his lack of progress and questioned whether he could add to his tally of 303 NRL games.

"I couldn't walk, I couldn't run, I couldn't do anything," Watmough said.

"About five weeks ago when I first started running, I just said to the physio `I can't run, I can't walk, I think I'm done'.
"I went to the wife and I said `I'm done' and she said `Are you sure?' At the end of the day it's footy. I've had a good career if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. I've had a great run, I've met some amazing people."

It was only after consulting with Eels medical staff who came up with a modified schedule that things started to improve.

He gave himself an ultimatum - if he didn't see progress in a couple of weeks he would give it away.

Watmough started from scratch and was forced to learn how to run again. Little by little he built up confidence and the power in his legs and on Monday ran for seven and a half kilometres.

"I was told I've been playing on one leg for five years," Watmough said.

"To do that in one of the toughest sports in the world, I didn't realise how much it was taking away from my game but obviously it was. Performance hasn't been what it should have been."

After a disappointing 2015 in which he was dropped from the NSW side, a forthright Watmough admits he was nowhere near his best in his first year in Eels colours.

"I was still living in Manly and harbouring resentment (towards former club Manly)," Watmough said.

"But life is life. You've just got to move on and I'm really enjoying my time at Parra.

"I didn't embrace it enough last year and that's my own doing. The next year I really want to build on what Parra's got."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/i-thought-i-was-done-watmough/story-e6frf3ou-1227638021641
Lol busted shoulder, arm and legs. You kind of need those limbs to play footy.

Someone should have told him your first instinct is usually right.

Beautiful to see the one eyed eel mensa members have shifted somewhat from their previous stance of "chocs a great buy" to "what a c*** get rid of him"

If the Dalai was any decent sort of a coach and the Speels any sort of professional club Choc's arse would be dragged over hot coals for that statement. He basically admitted that he really didn't give a stuff this year.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8