Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What’s the most disappointing aspect is that he has been given multiple opportunities now in various positions to step up and make a statement… yet, his performances have been lack-lustre and not what you expect from a possible first grade fringe player wanting to break into FG as a regular. Insipid.
What back played well ?
You choose the kid to pick on - what a Joker

Are we now reaping the results of super conservative Des?

Maybe time is the answer.

What back played well ?
You choose the kid to pick on - what a Joker
Vaega last game made a statement. He had an ordinary debut last year, but took his second chance by the throat and showed clearly, he had the desire.

Koula hasn’t always set the world on fire, but he’s shown enough desire and hunger to deserve his shot.

Old slow Parker in his debut against Manu on the wing for the warriors.

Not saying either of the previous two will necessarily make it, but they have shown me enough to say they are hungry for it and earned further opportunity. I just haven’t seen that from Weekes in the multiple opportunities he’s been presented.

And it is this sort of attitude that Bellamy and the Storm scout for over potential talent.

Vaega last game made a statement. He had an ordinary debut last year, but took his second chance by the throat and showed clearly, he had the desire.

Koula hasn’t always set the world on fire, but he’s shown enough desire and hunger to deserve his shot.

Not saying either of the previous two will necessarily make it, but they have shown me enough to say they are hungry for it and earned further opportunity. I just haven’t seen that from Weekes in the multiple opportunities he’s been presented.
Bargain had a great game but you may have noticed far more dominance from the Manly pack and the team I. general
Put Vaega out there tonight and would have looked shocking
Weekes is a great YOUNG player and will show it

Bargain had a great game but you may have noticed far more dominance from the Manly pack and the team I. general
I hope you’re right , mate… just not seeing anything to get excited about yet. And he has played in games where the rest of the team has performed, so hard to lay it at the feet of others.

And it is this sort of attitude that Bellamy and the Storm scout for over potential talent.
Vaega is 23, time is ticking. Weekes is still a kid. We can't just punt them all because they're not 10/10 every week. It would help if he was playing in a team with some stability from the experienced players

I hope you’re right , mate… just not seeing anything to get excited about yet. And he has played in games where the rest of the team has performed, so hard to lay it at the feet of others.
As a utility player mainly as a 9, where he has had some decent moments, including a vital try showing great zip.
Manly were terrible tonight and Weekes was definitely ordinary, but keep in mind there have been many great players who were not super in their rookie season first 5-6 games and I will cut him some slack having a confusing role.
If you asked if I expected more from him then shown so far, I 100% would say I expected more, but he does have ability and will play NRL level for many years imo

With his strength, Vaenga may have scored the try that Tuipulotu didn't (i.e. when tackled by Brimson)
Can't argue and I thought Vaega after that big defensive shot and his energy, earned a shot ahead of Tuipulotu

He was safe in the air,his kick returns were strong our defensive lapses let us down as usual.
He dropped a bomb, though admittedly, after that was safe for the rest of the match. As for his “strong” kick returns, pffft! Bulle ran the same amount of meters with half as many runs and in half the game time. And Bulle didn’t have his greatest night. Agree, the defensive lapses were bad and a bigger concern.

I think he is worth persisting with. He did score a scintillating try from dummy half. He is only young and has already played three different roles in between being dropped. In nine rounds no less. Poor management on behalf of the coaching staff.

That try was 4 weeks ago against Newcastle in Mudgee. Look, he's young and yeah he's probably worth persisting with. But so far that try in Mudgee is about all he has done in 10 games (3 last year). For all the hype, he's been a bit of a non-event even considering that he's been used mostly off the bench as a part time dummy half.

Sorry but Vaega (and TBH Tuipulotu) are basically Jorge Taufua Mk.II. Both can come up with a big hit in defence occasionally. And both can be hard to stop near the try line. But for wingers both are slower than a wet week, neither can jump and their hands are poor.

Right now as far as backs go ... outside of our best 1-7 (Turbo, Saab, Parker, Koula, Garrick, Schuster and DCE), we are very light on for any sort of first grade level talent. Weekes has been very lacklustre. Harper can be OK one week and hopeless the next. I've already said about Tippy Toes and Vaega and the less said about Cooper Johns and maybe Kyle Flanagan....the better.

Unfortunately we have a very forward heavy squad with very little depth in the halves and outside backs.

Last edited:
With his strength, Vaenga may have scored the try that Tuipulotu didn't (i.e. when tackled by Brimson)
This is very true and the in actual fact as bad as we played, I seen at least 4 trysaving defensive plays from Titans they haven't shown in 2023, add to this David Fifita decided to turn up and for some reason Manly often left John's 1 on 1 with him and it's a recipe for a terrible loss.
I gave GC an A for effort
Manly scrape a C minus for effort

Weekes will come good I think, but the hype hasn’t matched the performances… YET

If toms busted for the next game ide like to see a backline of

1- weekes
2-saab
3-tuipulotu
4-vaega
5-Garrick

We can’t keep weakening multiple positions to cover Tom… Garrick was wasted in the centres tonight, and tui was a target for bombs all night.. keep the fullback at fullback, the wingers that can catch on the wings (also wingers that are great finishers) and put the aggressive tafua 2.0s in the centres for some mongrel and aggression we sorely lack

I haven't seen weekes play badly in a team that's playing well.

We were smashed through the middle by the panthers and weekes didn't stop them but neither did the guys around him.

He had one bad missed bomb last night but caught the rest and he was taking most of them under pressure in the rain and with no opportunity to run it back.

He didn't inject himself much in attack but it didn't look like there were many opportunities.

I think he would look better in attack at fb if schuster and koula were creating opportunities.

Until schuster comes back, I would like to see weekes at 5/8 because we need to be able to threaten on both sides of the field in attack. I think we might have done better last night with garrick at fb and weekes at 5/8 but you know what they say about hindsight.

Unfortunately, we have used up our two easier games and have the broncos next week and it might not be fair to give weekes starts at 5/8 vs the panthers and broncos. So who plays 5/8 next week? I dunno.

Still remains unsigned for next year so not sure Seibs is overly impressed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8