Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if Siebold saw the forward agro and dominance v Storm and feels that might be our blueprint this year and he perhaps wants to maximize that through the bench.

I wonder if Siebold saw the forward agro and dominance v Storm and feels that might be our blueprint this year and he perhaps wants to maximize that through the bench.

Certainly looks that way. Strong forward bench. No cover for Croker though, thereby expecting an 80 minutes effort. Not sure that's good for Croker after performances a few weeks back. Bounced back after getting an almost 15 minutes breather last week. Hope Koula comes back soon. As for Weekes he's had his taste. Now knows what extra work he has to put in. Would be good for him to get a few full games in with the Reggies and not just sit on the bench though.

To be fair he isn't getting many minutes and he is clearly a fullback playing 9 mainly off the bench. Had one start at 6 where the whole team was terrible
Agree ,also we forget that although Weeks has been a little below par or dare I say weak over the last 2 weeks ,but before that he had a few games where he made a real difference i.e against Knights (should have ben on longer) and also against the Dogs and Parra .
So I think we need to persist with him and it would be foolish not have him on the bench to cover Froggy let alone the whole back line ,unless GT is on the bench in which case then fine.

Not to undermine the kid - i'm a huge fan - but rocks-and-diamonds is not what we need from him.

Full discolsure, I like Kaeo's impact. A lot.

But.......When he was on against the Storm, the team was not the same as it was when Froggy ran Dummy. Re-watch and tell me i'm wrong. It wasn't the individual effort, it was the instinct of where to direct the game. Froggy has come along a LOT in that area - Kaeo ignored the edge Olam occupies when he was in the Bin. Just those little things which he will learn - as Froggy has.

NOTE: The Roosters just dumped Sam Walker for not 'hitting the brief' - which to me is both astounding yet reeks of the Brodie Croft sitch. Sam Walker might be on the market soon? (write your conspiracy theories on that Kent/Rothfield etc you wash-outs..._)

If so - and to pursue mere speculation that undermines the Rooters recruitment decisions, which we can all aspire to - Curious as to who the Rooters have in mind to replace him given they upgraded the kid reccently. Maybe the young English halfback that steered St Helens to a win over the Panthers recently? Y'know...the one who was warned to sign with Anyone but the Tigers? Fk it, if it sows doubts in the 'pre-season premiers' who we smashed to get our handy $100k, then i'm all for it.

Go Kaeo, if you get a week in Blacktown use it to reflect and then come back hungrier and more determined. We know you got skills.

We know you got skills.
He's got some skills but mostly he's got great natural talent, it's actually skills that he needs to work on. As others have mentioned, Covid really stalled the development of a whole crop of teenagers.
Weekes wil get a lot better at positioning in defence, and passing and kicking. His running in space is top shelf and that can't really be coached so I'm sure Manly is keen to retain him.

Not to undermine the kid - i'm a huge fan - but rocks-and-diamonds is not what we need from him.

Full discolsure, I like Kaeo's impact. A lot.

But.......When he was on against the Storm, the team was not the same as it was when Froggy ran Dummy. Re-watch and tell me i'm wrong. It wasn't the individual effort, it was the instinct of where to direct the game. Froggy has come along a LOT in that area - Kaeo ignored the edge Olam occupies when he was in the Bin. Just those little things which he will learn - as Froggy has.

NOTE: The Roosters just dumped Sam Walker for not 'hitting the brief' - which to me is both astounding yet reeks of the Brodie Croft sitch. Sam Walker might be on the market soon? (write your conspiracy theories on that Kent/Rothfield etc you wash-outs..._)

If so - and to pursue mere speculation that undermines the Rooters recruitment decisions, which we can all aspire to - Curious as to who the Rooters have in mind to replace him given they upgraded the kid reccently. Maybe the young English halfback that steered St Helens to a win over the Panthers recently? Y'know...the one who was warned to sign with Anyone but the Tigers? Fk it, if it sows doubts in the 'pre-season premiers' who we smashed to get our handy $100k, then i'm all for it.

Go Kaeo, if you get a week in Blacktown use it to reflect and then come back hungrier and more determined. We know you got skills.

Its what you get from young up and comers. Rocks and diamonds. That's the norm. Quite rare for there to be no rocks in those early times. A whole range of factor cause it. Inexperience, confidence, immaturity, bodies not yet hardened to the role. Natural skill and hard work get them to first grade. Then the really hard work begins. Takes time. Takes patience.

The sheer lack of game awareness he demonstrated in that 10 mins with Olam in the bin was utterly mystifying. You have Olakauatu on the same side of the field as a huge defensive hole over on the right and yet you keep going left!

It was either an instruction from the coaches, DCE, or his own (lack of) football nous, but whichever it was it was incredibly dumb and frustrating to watch.

The sheer lack of game awareness he demonstrated in that 10 mins with Olam in the bin was utterly mystifying. You have Olakauatu on the same side of the field as a huge defensive hole over on the right and yet you keep going left!

It was either an instruction from the coaches, DCE, or his own (lack of) football nous, but whichever it was it was incredibly dumb and frustrating to watch.
I'm a fan of DCE but he has to take responsibility for that failing, he was the on-field leader and should have made sure the rookie dummy half knew the plan. (If DCE didn't know the plan that's an even bigger problem!)

Even had Cooper Cronk in commentary almost begging for dce to get the play heading right.

It seemed...bad.

For his next miracle.... I suspect we're raising the bar very high in respect of DCE. He's not God...well I dont think so. He's not there to win the game on his own. Maybe he doesnt play it quite the way we want. But gosh, there are very few halves in the game who compare with his commitment and skill

In my opinion ,Weekes is best suited at 14 for our top 17 right now and might change when the guys out with injuries come back .Hoping that he will be there on Sunday . All set for the Maaaaaaaaaanly chant at Campbelltown .

People build up a player to mythical status after a good trial/highlight reel/couple of games but then equally write them off after a couple of games.

Weekes is still the same fantastic young talent he was and the start of the year but he is also still needing to learn, debelop and grow like he did at the start of the year.

Patience.

PS . Gordie will cop the same treatment

People build up a player to mythical status after a good trial/highlight reel/couple of games but then equally write them off after a couple of games.

Weekes is still the same fantastic young talent he was and the start of the year but he is also still needing to learn, debelop and grow like he did at the start of the year.

Patience.

PS . Gordie will cop the same treatment
The difference is that we really need a player who can add value at hooker in the 14 jersey. Weekes is more of a utility back. I don't think he should be in the 17 unless there is an injury or he proves himself up for the task of taking Parker's spot.

Right now, he is miles away from being defensively good enough to play as an outside back, and doesn't have the footy brain to be a good enough replacement dummy half.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4