Who do we bring in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He’s Tyrone May’s brother, isn’t he? I believe he came through the Panthers juniors so never knew he was at BWSE.
IMG_3946.jpeg

Yeah his Tyrone brother. He played 2021 for BWSE. Was playing well before the Roosters signed him.

Just about the entire Blacktown team seem to up and move to the Roosters one couple of years back. What could the Roosters possibly have that the Man doesn't.

Karl Lawton free to leave
Zac fulton free to leave
Ben Condon free to leave
Sean Keppie (maybe souths)

2 spot left
keppie replace by Lodge

Some off contract players
Tepai Moeroa
Brodie Jones
Mitchell Dunn
Eddie Blacker
Billy Smith
Charlie Staines
Connor Watson
Josh Curran (free to leave)

I used to see plenty of upside to this player - Tepai Moeroa
But in reality has dropped about 5 levels and Storm could not get him playing too well.
Probs just another Kelma Tuilagi which is not a step forward.
Curren is certainly a bloke worth a look, after missing Koloamatangi who was a target....not a like for like but I reckon Curren would add thrust, speed and in the modern game help an area we have lagged in recent seasons.

I used to see plenty of upside to this player - Tepai Moeroa
But in reality has dropped about 5 levels and Storm could not get him playing too well.
Probs just another Kelma Tuilagi which is not a step forward.
Curren is certainly a bloke worth a look, after missing Koloamatangi who was a target....not a like for like but I reckon Curren would add thrust, speed and in the modern game help an area we have lagged in recent seasons.
Tepai Moeroa wasn’t the same after going to union

Sea Eagles 2024 Player Movements

2024 Gains
Luke Brooks (Tigers, 2027),Jaxson Paulo (Roosters, 2026),Tommy Talau(Tigers, 2025) Aitasi James (Tigers, 2025) Corey Waddell (Dogs 2024)
2024 Losses
Latu Fainu(Tigers),Samuela Fainu (Tigers) Kelma Tuilagi (Eels) Morgan Harper (Eels)
Off Contract 2023
Morgan Boyle, Jacob Sykes, Kaeo Weekes, Aaron Woods, Jamie Humphreys,
Players are in no particular order

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Reuben Garrick
4.Tolutau Koula
5.Christian Tuipulotu
6.Luke Brooks
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Lachlan Croker
10.Jake Trbojevic
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Josh Schuster
13.Josh Aloiai

14.Ben Trbojevic
15.Ethan Bullemor
16.Toafofoa Sipley
17. Gordon Chan Kum Tong

18.Brad Parker
19.Jake Arthur
20.Aitasi James
21.Tommy Talau
22.Jaxson Paulo
23.Dean Matterson
24.Ray Vaega
25.Corey Waddell
26.Sean Keppie (maybe Souths)
27.Ben Condon free to leave
28.Karl Lawton free to leave (might be going to the UK)
29.Zac fulton free to leave
30.No player signed

Nathan Brown in talks

Development players Nil

Last edited:
2023 stats

Corey Waddel
22 games
4 tries
1 try assists
90% tackle success (643 of 712)
13 average runs
107 average run meters
11 offloads

Nathan Brown
10 games
0 Tries
1 try assists
90% tackle success (216 of 239)
9 average runs
78 average run meters
9 offloads

Kelma Tailagi (i know his leaving)
17 games
1 Try
1 try assists
89% tackle success (399 of 446)
8 average runs
73 average run meters
11 offloads

Brown, Waddell, Talau, Paulo, Matterson, Lodge… hardly screams upgrades from the current crop of plodders

Plod for Plod
Cannot disagree… Matterson looked capable and Lodge is a unit (that I would rather see in a non-Manly jersey) but the rest are seriously meh for mine…

Sea Eagles 2024 Player Movements

2024 Gains
Luke Brooks (Tigers, 2027),Jaxson Paulo (Roosters, 2026),Tommy Talau(Tigers, 2025) Aitasi James (Tigers, 2025) Corey Waddell (Dogs 2024)
2024 Losses
Latu Fainu(Tigers),Samuela Fainu (Tigers) Kelma Tuilagi (Eels) Morgan Harper (Eels)
Off Contract 2023
Morgan Boyle, Jacob Sykes, Kaeo Weekes, Aaron Woods, Jamie Humphreys,
Players are in no particular order

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Reuben Garrick
4.Tolutau Koula
5.Christian Tuipulotu
6.Luke Brooks
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Lachlan Croker
10.Jake Trbojevic
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Josh Schuster
13.Josh Aloiai

14.Ben Trbojevic
15.Ethan Bullemor
16.Toafofoa Sipley
17. Gordon Chan Kum Tong

18.Brad Parker
19.Jake Arthur
20.Aitasi James
21.Tommy Talau
22.Jaxson Paulo
23.Dean Matterson
24.Ray Vaega
25.Corey Waddell
26.Sean Keppie (maybe Souths)
27.Ben Condon free to leave
28.Karl Lawton free to leave (might be going to the UK)
29.Zac fulton free to leave
30.No player signed

Nathan Brown in talks

Development players Nil
I think Jamie Humphries is in Top 30 although maybe not announced as yet, below is a clip of an article a couple of months ago;

“Despite having not announced new deals, it can be revealed that Raymond Vaega, Ethan Bullemor, Jamie Humphreys and Gordon Chan Kum Tong have all re-signed for next season and have spots in the top 30.”

I think Jamie Humphries is in Top 30 although maybe not announced as yet, below is a clip of an article a couple of months ago;

“Despite having not announced new deals, it can be revealed that Raymond Vaega, Ethan Bullemor, Jamie Humphreys and Gordon Chan Kum Tong have all re-signed for next season and have spots in the top 30.”
I remember seeing this.
But still showing his off contract.
Maybe his signed as a development player.

I remember seeing this.
But still showing his off contract.
Maybe his signed as a development player.
Think player contracts run until 1 November each year, so it would be nice to think as of that date the club website 'Teams' section would be updated ...
I Love Lucy Sigh GIF by Paramount+

I think the reshaping of manlys pack points to the future of croker

he is currently an integral piece of the pack due to the lack of mobility and defensive cover that the previous pack provides. Jake also plays longer minutes than he should for the same reason

improving our defensive and mobility return from the pack, and field position and posession rates, will allow a less defensive and more dangerous 9 to be our first option

a career move for the frog would be to kick more often but thats just a side note really

the pack balance has been off for years and our inability to get a 50/50 split of the ball against the better teams thrusts that into the spotlight. Too often we hand posession over after our sets rather than fighting to get it back. We accept it too easily as part if the game

the better teams chase the ball all game. Challenge for it on all plays
Yea I agree, the problem with Manly for the past few years is that we have selected to many "meatheads" of forwards who just try to run hard and tackle hard without adopting to the new style of play through rule changes with an emphasis on ruck speed and mobility. For teams to be successful these days you need a mobile and speedy hooker, lock and at least 2 bench forwards.

I know there is minimal top quality mobile locks currently on the market but the only options currently is ryan matterson who suits manly style of attacking mindset but we probably won't have salary to purchase him so a swap would have to occur.

But the ideal signing that would be most likely would be Connor Watson to play as a ball playing lock off the bench who's currently off contract. I know doubt from signing Watson maybe that it distracts from the minutes Gordy and Croker, as well as you won't want these 3 playing together at the same time because one would basically have to be playing front row.

But this is an estimated prediction of how they can play together.

8. Paseka - 40 mins
9. Croker - First 50 mins at hooker
10. Lodge - 35 mins (Aloiai) -
11. Olakuau'ata - 80
12. Schuster (burbo) - 80
13. Jake - 60 mins - First 20 mins at lock then 20-40 and 60-80 at front row

14. Gordy - Last 30 mins at hooker
15. Sipley - 20 mins 60-80 (Brown, James)
16. Bullemor 25 mins (Waddell) - Both can play backrow if there is injury
17. Watson - Next 60 mins at lock - Can play centre if there is injury to outside backs.

The problem of Manly lately has been that they don't maximise the use of their bench and they rely to heavily of their starting 13. This is where players like Jake have been playing 80 mins where he is fatigued and gives sloppy set restarts and can't effectively engage defenders when playing first receiver in attack - he should be playing 60 minutes.
Additionally, for the bigger forwards like Paseka, lodge, Sipley, Aloiai, potentially Brown and James if they play is that we need to take them off earlier giving them maximum 40 mins giving them short sharp stints.

The focus here is gaining faith in the team that players can play at a higher intensity and play shorter minutes and we utilize our bench more in games instead of 2 people playing less then 10 mins every game.

Doing this combined with signings of more athletic and mobile forwards will help with our line speed and reduce errors through less fatigue by tiring forwards.

Overall, I like Seibold's coaching style and believe he is striving towards this plan through his focus on creating "competition for spots". I know fans out there are frustrated that we aren't signing many marquee stars but instead a lot of solid players that will battle out of spots. Because Ultimately the standards in the team are driven by the players who are missing out resulting in all players motivated to maintain or earn a spot instead of a large gap between starting squad and NSW Cup team.

Keen for thoughts...

we have selected to many "meatheads" of forwards who just try to run hard and tackle hard without adopting to the new style of play through rule changes with an emphasis on ruck speed and mobility.
Good post, although I wouldn't be chasing Watson. He hasn't played for well over a year due to a very serious injury.
You need a few 'meatheads' (your term, lol) but surely Manly's pack will be a bit more nuanced in 2024. Obviously Schu will be expected to bring some smarts, but also blokes such as Gordie, Matterson, and even Arthur could spend time in the forward rotation, they each rely more on skills than power.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8