Who for next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When we lose DCE to SOO, it will be interesting to see the Foran/Schuster halves combo and what direction the team gets. Plus what kind of ball the right hand side gets because as it stands they are getting crap quality.
I quietly would love to see Humphrey on the bench to get some time with the big boys.
Des is that pathetic he will prob play Croker at 7 lol

Whatever Saab's deficiencies, he's been quite safe under the high ball this year (has more problems with grubbers). As in the past, I'd prefer to play the fastest winger in the comp rather the slowest.

Our attack would probably work better if Koula was playing outside Foran & Schuster. I think Harper has received more good ball in the last two games than Koula has all season!
Saab has now become pretty much redundant in my eyes 40nil. When Tom was playing he'd make a bust or draw the defence to him with Tom or DCE giving him that pass and space that he needed to set him up on his way to the try line. This no longer happens anymore. He's now only a shadow of his former self, his only saving grace, he can out jump most players. As crazy as it sounds, and we know Jorge's deficiencies, I'd still have him ahead of Saab.

I just watched the presser and it’s the same crap each week when are the journalists going to ask tough honest questions like des why did you play Jorge when you have a young gun in weekes who could slot in for tom and enable Garrick to play back in his wing position..and when is dce going to stand up and say I’m not happy with my game I’m to inconsistent and run around like a headless chook on acid..I’m going to work extra hard to fix this starting with learning to run forward..getting out of the way and not getting caught out in d letting my teammate next to me down

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the presser and it’s the same crap each week when are the journalists going to ask tough honest questions like des why did you play Jorge when you have a young gun in weekes who could slot in for tom and enable Garrick to play back in his wing position..and when is dce going to stand up and say I’m not happy with my game I’m to inconsistent and run around like a headless chook on acid..I’m going to work extra hard to fix this starting with learning to run forward..getting out of the way and not getting caught out in d letting my teammate next to me down
Spot on mate !
The coach and captain of our team need to stand up and take responsibility for how the team is performing this year - but we get the same old nothing each week, and the fans are over it 😡😡😡!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Weekes
Saab/Tuipulotu
Tuipulotu/Burbo
Koula
Garrick
Schuster
Foran
Aloiai
Croker
Paseka
Olakau'atu
Davey
Jake

Lawton
Bullemor
Tuitavake
Sipley

If Jake somehow plays origin and Paseka is still injured then Bullemor and Sipley can start and 2 of Keppie/Taupau/De Luis (awful depth) can come onto the bench. Think Walker needs a rest, he's been poor lately and is going down injured nearly every week, added to the fact he's leaving next season so better for us to start looking towards the future.

On the bright side Paseka and Karl are back, Walker's looking like he's out. We need to make a statement next Sat in front of our fans, otherwise it could get more uglier than it is now.

Saab has now become pretty much redundant in my eyes 40nil. When Tom was playing he'd make a bust or draw the defence to him with Tom or DCE giving him that pass and space that he needed to set him up on his way to the try line. This no longer happens anymore. He's now only a shadow of his former self, his only saving grace, he can out jump most players. As crazy as it sounds, and we know Jorge's deficiencies, I'd still have him ahead of Saab.
Unbelievable. What game were you watching last night! Tafua is past it. Full Stop! He cost us 3 tries and couldn't catch a ball if his life depended on it I would have Saab ahead of Tafua in a heartbeat..

Unbelievable. What game were you watching last night! Tafua is past it. Full Stop! He cost us 3 tries and couldn't catch a ball if his life depended on it I would have Saab ahead of Tafua in a heartbeat..
So Saabs in because he can catch, that's really all he's got tbh. He's only scored one try so far, he's a liability when forced to bring the footy out and usually gets pinned in the corners. Offers very little go forward and gets pushed back in the tackle regularly. Well how about we give Ray Vagas a shot, can't do ay worse.

I think keep Garrick at FB, Weekes in for Jorge, Koula & Tuipulotu at centres & Saab back on his wing.

I assume DCE will be out for SOO duties so assume Schuster at 5/8th & Foz at HB.

Sipley & Aloiai starting props but keep them on for longer or replace 1 with Paseka at the 20 minute mark & the other with Keppie at the 30 minute mark, allowing some overlap of any forward platform we lay.

Croker at hooker - he's getting more adventurous in attack every week & his defence is huge for us.

Olakau'atu & Davey in second row, Lawton at lock, Bullemor on bench comes on at lock when Lawton moves to hooker to spell Croker (if required).

Don't know who our bench utility should be with Walker out & Lawton starting...

Garrick
Weekes
Tuipulotu
Koula
Saab
Schuster
Foran
Aloiai
Croker
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Davey
Lawton

?
Paseka
Keppie
Bullemore

So Saabs in because he can catch, that's really all he's got tbh. He's only scored one try so far, he's a liability when forced to bring the footy out and usually gets pinned in the corners. Offers very little go forward and gets pushed back in the tackle regularly. Well how about we give Ray Vagas a shot, can't do ay worse.
Well, one of the main job descriptions for a winger these days is to be able to catch a ball which would be a start plus Saab has speed to burn compared to Jorge . But I agree with you on one thing Ray Vagas ahead of Tafua anyday.

Well, one of the main job descriptions for a winger these days is to be able to catch a ball which would be a start plus Saab has speed to burn compared to Jorge . But I agree with you on one thing Ray Vagas ahead of Tafua anyday.
Haven't seen Saabs "speed to burn" as you say just lately tbh, or if we'll ever see it at all this season ?

I think keep Garrick at FB, Weekes in for Jorge, Koula & Tuipulotu at centres & Saab back on his wing.

I assume DCE will be out for SOO duties so assume Schuster at 5/8th & Foz at HB.

Sipley & Aloiai starting props but keep them on for longer or replace 1 with Paseka at the 20 minute mark & the other with Keppie at the 30 minute mark, allowing some overlap of any forward platform we lay.

Croker at hooker - he's getting more adventurous in attack every week & his defence is huge for us.

Olakau'atu & Davey in second row, Lawton at lock, Bullemor on bench comes on at lock when Lawton moves to hooker to spell Croker (if required).

Don't know who our bench utility should be with Walker out & Lawton starting...

Garrick
Weekes
Tuipulotu
Koula
Saab
Schuster
Foran
Aloiai
Croker
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Davey
Lawton

?
Paseka
Keppie
Bullemore
I just can't stomach Keppie or Harper anymore. They are sh*t beyond belief. Harper is deadset a lightweight with zero impact. Keppie is just a blob with zero impact apart from conceeding penalties , poor defensive reads and drop balls.

Probably at the "who cares" level. Let's be honest, the ONLY reason our plugs are getting a run in Origin is because of loyalty from last season. It's not certainly based on form - on form - they are lucky to be getting picked in first grade 1-17 (Olakau'atu probably the sole exception).

I'm not sure Jake gets picked this season.
If Slater has any clue, DCE will be playing for Manly next week, as well. There are MUCH better options for QLD.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8