Who for next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Honestly, what's really the point of changing, changing and keeping up the changes.

Its meaningless

There's no magical " fix" by putting one forward in the run on v the bench, or by playing certain players one week and then not next.

The changes haven't actually done ANYTHING.

We can discuss YART'S till the cows come home, the club as a whole from the top to the bottom is greatly underperforming and running out a different look side next week means sweet **** all!!

Obviously Jorge was out of his depth , he's had his farewell game , should be stamped never to be seen again.

Otherwise, pick 17, change with injuries and I'm guessing after 6 -10 straight losses they might show some pride and pull together for a win.

1 Garrick
2 Saab
3 Harps
4 Koula
5 Tui
6 Schu
7 Foz
8 Alo
9 Crokes
10 Sippy
11 Shmole
12 Davey
13 Bull

14 Weekes
15 Lawton
16 Keppie
17 Paseka
Seems likely - not sure if Paseka is back or not, and Des may tinker with the idea of Lawton at lock due to his mobility. But good call in terms of probability.

All the folks picking Weekes at fullback - I'll bet that won't happen. It's a pressure role. Why put a guy with virtually no FG experience there in a must-win game?

1653635086072.png

This ad keeps popping up, worth a thought

Honestly, what's really the point of changing, changing and keeping up the changes.

Its meaningless

There's no magical " fix" by putting one forward in the run on v the bench, or by playing certain players one week and then not next.

The changes haven't actually done ANYTHING.

We can discuss YART'S till the cows come home, the club as a whole from the top to the bottom is greatly underperforming and running out a different look side next week means sweet **** all!!

Obviously Jorge was out of his depth , he's had his farewell game , should be stamped never to be seen again.

Otherwise, pick 17, change with injuries and I'm guessing after 6 -10 straight losses they might show some pride and pull together for a win.
Well I reckon The Warriors will be itching to get one back from us next week

Main reason it wouldn't happen is because Des is too fixated in his ways.

I assume the only backline change will be Saab, if fit, replacing Jorge.
Nothing about Des being pigheaded... anyone suggesting a young inexperienced player who hasn't been in the team can come in and step into the fullback shoes is simply dreaming. The defensive requirements on the fullback are immense. They are THE defensive coordinator and defensive lynch pin. They have to be able to identify where we are short, marshall the troops and order much more experienced players around the field. They have to be able to count numbers and fill holes. Most on here just think if they can attack they will be great back there. It is soooo much more than attack AND he has to have the aerobic capacity to play back there and follow the ball all over the field in attack but also defense where he has to follow the ball wherever it goes. He is young and fit but there is a difference - huge difference between Blacktown fit and what is required there and the fitness required for NRL. If we put him back there and his confidence is destroyed for good - then you would all be baying for Des' blood hammering him for blooding him too early. Let him play on a wing for a bit if he is up to A Grade standard and let him integrate slowly into the team and maybe in time he can be Tom's fill in. The fact Jorge was selected ahead of him last night suggests he is just not ready yet for first grade even with our injuries. Maybe if Saab isn't fit they blood him this week on the wing.

If Saab is back the backline will likely be
1 garrick
2 saab
3 koula
4 harper
5 tuipulotu
6 schuster
7 foz

And we are going to get pumped…

Harper is a liability
Saab can’t score points (not this season anyway)
Koula doesn’t get ANY good ball so his speed is completely wasted
Foz is foz
Schuster won’t be looking so who knows where he’s gonna be passing too

The backline IDE pick this week
1 weekes
2 saab
3 tuipulotu
4 koula
5 garrick
6 schuster
7 foz

Still prolly get beat, and ide rather koula at fullback but if that’s the case Harper would play centre… so let’s roll the dice with the rookies

The pack doesn’t matter.. they are all soft and play dropsies so who cares who gets picked (bar olakautu, he’s great)

Nothing about Des being pigheaded....
We don't know that. However, many here suggested the selection of Jorge for last night's game was a major blunder (which it was). Des is not beyond making errors of judgement. Another recent example was the selection of an unwell out of form Harper instead of a fit confident Koula to mark a rampaging Talakai.

I understand what you are saying about the pressures & complexities of fullback play, but Weekes had an entire off season as Turbo's understudy.

In days past, we had reserve grade players who were ready to step up to first grade in their usual positions.

In recent times, I think these players have made successful NRL debuts at fullback - Tabuai-Fidow, J. Campbell, Brimson (all stars, of course) - maybe others as well?

If Saab is back the backline will likely be
1 garrick
2 saab
3 koula
4 harper
5 tuipulotu
6 schuster
7 foz

And we are going to get pumped…

Harper is a liability
Saab can’t score points (not this season anyway)
Koula doesn’t get ANY good ball so his speed is completely wasted
Foz is foz
Schuster won’t be looking so who knows where he’s gonna be passing too

The backline IDE pick this week
1 weekes
2 saab
3 tuipulotu
4 koula
5 garrick
6 schuster
7 foz

Still prolly get beat, and ide rather koula at fullback but if that’s the case Harper would play centre… so let’s roll the dice with the rookies

The pack doesn’t matter.. they are all soft and play dropsies so who cares who gets picked (bar olakautu, he’s great)
Gee I thought the pack were very very decent last night. Aloiai was great. Even Sipley went ok. The penalties coming out of their end and the errors were our issue - certainly not the pack. We had them on the rack five times in their own quarter and let them off the hook each time. I certainly didn't see the Storm roll down the field through our forwards that is for sure.

We don't know that. However, many here suggested the selection of Jorge for last night's game was a major blunder (which it was). Des is not beyond making errors of judgement. Another recent example was the selection of an unwell out of form Harper instead of a fit confident Koula to mark a rampaging Talakai.

I understand what you are saying about the pressures & complexities of fullback play, but Weekes had an entire off season as Turbo's understudy.

In days past, we had reserve grade players who were ready to step up to first grade in their usual positions.

In recent times, I think these players have made successful NRL debuts at fullback - Tabuai-Fidow, J. Campbell, Brimson (all stars, of course) - maybe others as well?
yep agreed - I wasn't a fan at all of Jorge playing and certainly not on Coates' wing and I said that on here. You are correct - we used to have a reserve grade and players could play reserve grade and sit on the line - we don't have that any more. All of those players you mentioned have been out of form at times - lost confidence etc. Let Weekes be blooded on the wing and then maybe move him back. Garrick has made a pretty damn good fist of it back there. Last night with Jorge on the wing avoiding the bombs like the plague just was a nightmare for Garrick and I am sure threw him off his game.

Nothing about Des being pigheaded... anyone suggesting a young inexperienced player who hasn't been in the team can come in and step into the fullback shoes is simply dreaming. The defensive requirements on the fullback are immense. They are THE defensive coordinator and defensive lynch pin. They have to be able to identify where we are short, marshall the troops and order much more experienced players around the field. They have to be able to count numbers and fill holes. Most on here just think if they can attack they will be great back there. It is soooo much more than attack AND he has to have the aerobic capacity to play back there and follow the ball all over the field in attack but also defense where he has to follow the ball wherever it goes. He is young and fit but there is a difference - huge difference between Blacktown fit and what is required there and the fitness required for NRL. If we put him back there and his confidence is destroyed for good - then you would all be baying for Des' blood hammering him for blooding him too early. Let him play on a wing for a bit if he is up to A Grade standard and let him integrate slowly into the team and maybe in time he can be Tom's fill in. The fact Jorge was selected ahead of him last night suggests he is just not ready yet for first grade even with our injuries. Maybe if Saab isn't fit they blood him this week on the wing.
You never know until you throw them in and see how they go…Jorge cost us lastnite..the gamble was lost but with weekes we will never know he could of killed it or stuffed it 50/50

Who for next week…
Nearly time to think about a second team as we won’t be making the eight…

Not a nice thought…

So Saabs in because he can catch, that's really all he's got tbh. He's only scored one try so far, he's a liability when forced to bring the footy out and usually gets pinned in the corners. Offers very little go forward and gets pushed back in the tackle regularly. Well how about we give Ray Vagas a shot, can't do ay worse.
Ray-Ray has been the only shining light in reserves. You couldn’t do any worse than give him a shot. But it is Des, so no chance for Ray-Ray sadly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8