Wolfman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

brad

First Grader
Speaking about robbo on another thread got me to thinking about wolfman . Apart from his flutter what happened to him , he only just turned 30 i think same age as uate. So he would ave been 28 when he played his last game .

Handsome and charismatic dude who has a very special place in our history. Don't think he'd be modelling given how he likes to grow a **** ton of facial hair but he could do it.

Just wish he had a game plan for Tupou in the 13 decider but was very happy with the career that he had with us.

One of our 'tailers here posted a pic with him on here during the season, they might have some info. Damned if I can remember who though sorry mate.

Cops a bad wrap for 2013, fact is we were up 18-8 and SBW smashed through the middle twice (through Buhrer and DCE I believe). That's where the game was lost, not because Tupou outleaped the guy. Tupou can outleap anyone. Where was the blocking?

He was brilliant when at his best, and provided some great highlights. His run in the '08 GF which provided the impetus for the first try, his try against Souths in the '13 Prelim, his chase of that Penrith guy and bundling him into touch while sporting the pink beard.

Yep agreed from 08 to 13 he had some superb moments.

I thought he retired as he was satisfied with his career and he had done as well as he could and didn't want to risk aggravating any of his old injuries which may jeopardise his life post footy.

He had sustained a few serious ones - eg broken neck.

Cops a bad wrap for 2013, fact is we were up 18-8 and SBW smashed through the middle twice (through Buhrer and DCE I believe). That's where the game was lost, not because Tupou outleaped the guy. Tupou can outleap anyone. Where was the blocking?

He was brilliant when at his best, and provided some great highlights. His run in the '08 GF which provided the impetus for the first try, his try against Souths in the '13 Prelim, his chase of that Penrith guy and bundling him into touch while sporting the pink beard.

It was Choc Watmough who SBW strolled past. Watmough was all arms in the tackle. Can't remember who the 2nd player would have been who SBW broke through at the same time. Play finished off with a forward pass to score the try

the game was lost when Shane Hayne decoded there would be different rules for each team. 2 penalties against the rorters

It was Choc Watmough who SBW strolled past. Watmough was all arms in the tackle. Can't remember who the 2nd player would have been who SBW broke through at the same time. Play finished off with a forward pass to score the try

Thanks for the clarification, I haven't been able to bring myself to re-watching.

Classic memories of Wolfman and 'that Penrith guy' was Lachlan Coote. I recall all those highlights quite clearly and fondly :h:

You're right @brad he did retire prematurely (he's now 31) and it was a damn shame. However, he was never the same after he broke his neck and its perfectly understandable, albeit disappointing.
Along with the talents advised by @HappilyManly, Wolfie is also a qualified graphic designer.
Its a pity he's not a Brookie anymore but will never forget him :inlove:

I watched that goal live...(on tv) and at first they thought it was the other guy who scored it. But unlike the nrl, the nhl like to get things right so they look at most goals before announcing who scored it (they don't stop the game for this...they just do it.)

So basically the first goal by the first aussie in his first nhl game...was scored off his butt! lol

The mum's reaction when it was finally announced was sweet - as one would expect.

The coverage and commentators gave a lot of nice time to Walker and his first game efforts...Australia got lots of mentions.

#endofwaffle

I watched that goal live...(on tv) and at first they thought it was the other guy who scored it. But unlike the nrl, the nhl like to get things right so they look at most goals before announcing who scored it (they don't stop the game for this...they just do it.)

So basically the first goal by the first aussie in his first nhl game...was scored off his butt! lol

The mum's reaction when it was finally announced was sweet - as one would expect.

The coverage and commentators gave a lot of nice time to Walker and his first game efforts...Australia got lots of mentions.

#endofwaffle
Wolfie wiped out Cliffy in this Charity Hockey Match :giggle:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVjRJoYFHU6/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVgi3jplC01/

The don't call him the "Wolfman" for nothing

3ef2d42c66901b46c828af7dd4ec9d9a--eagles-wolf.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11