2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
SBW confirmed at Roosters, no big surprise.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/sydney-roosters-confirm-signing-of-cross-code-superstar-sonny-bill-williams-for-2013-nrl-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1226515742774
they,ll still need more than cloudy bill to help them progress next year

The club was in need of fresh blood!!

We need some new players to take pressure off watmough and Glenn in the back row!! Those guys have been shouldering the load for too long! We also needed some speed! The backline looked sluggish at times last year!

St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced the signing of Bronson Harrison

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/#ixzz2CAGOFcSU

MWSE said:
Vic Mauro is going to Penrith to make room.

Oh really? Is that why he just had this photo taken in a Manly outfit. I could be wrong, but I'd swear he's in that photo. Mauro is a Grand Final ring bearer, so I'd be surprised if he were let go to absolutely zero news:-

554227_10151312271240993_2066828768_n.jpg

Also, I could be wrong, but I just took a look at The Panthers website to see if anything was written about it, and they have updated their playing roster already.

One huge omission that stood out was one Dean Whare? With all the hype about a player that signed mid season that is not happy, I found this quite interesting.

This is JUST a suggestion, and nothing in it of coarse.

Yes Mauro is a premiership winner, but he never set the world on fire and we could've done it easily without him

I don't really rate old Vic much at all and I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left, he is a plodder who won't make mistakes but won't win you games

Whare was in the paper on the weekend wearing Panthers training gear.

The Eagle said:
I don't really rate old Vic much at all and I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left, he is a plodder who won't make mistakes but won't win you games

Exactly what you want from a front rower on the bench

You can not have a team of superstars - it is why the parra backline will not work

Stevo said:

The Eagle said:

Its about getting the balance of the bench right. You cannot have guys like Galuvao and Mauro both on the bench. In most teams, you usually need a no frills type front rower, a impact front rower, a backrower and a utility player.

lsz said:
You can not have a team of superstars - it is why the parra backline will not work

It's also why the Parra back line of the 80's DID work.
What about Manly's back line of the mid 90s?
The Raiders and the Broncos of the 90s?
The QLD Origin team?

Ridiculous statement.

EagleRock40 said:
Stevo said:

The Eagle said:

Its about getting the balance of the bench right. You cannot have guys like Galuvao and Mauro both on the bench. In most teams, you usually need a no frills type front rower, a impact front rower, a backrower and a utility player.

We won a premiership with Mauro and Galuvao on the bench

bones said:
lsz said:

It's also why the Parra back line of the 80's DID work.
What about Manly's back line of the mid 90s?
The Raiders and the Broncos of the 90s?
The QLD Origin team?

Ridiculous statement.

Fair call what I should have said you can not have a team wanna be super stars and expect to win

Kiwi Eagle said:
EagleRock40 said:
Stevo said:

The Eagle said:

lol..

Kiwi Eagle said:
EagleRock40 said:
Stevo said:

The Eagle said:

I must have missed that premiership dammit :dodgy: you might want to check our premiership teams KE

Galuvao started in the 2011 because King was injured. Mauro and Rose were on the bench.

We actually had 3 of that type of prop on the field.

I dont consider Rose in that group Stevo. Some are critical of his fitness but he has and always will be an impact type of player. He can produce good offloads, something Ive never seen from Mauro and he attracts more defenders and usually gains more metres.
As mentioned earlier I wouldnt be worried if he has moved onto Penrith, and would probably suit both clubs.

Mason signs with the Knights.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/15389876/mason-re-signs-with-knights-for-two-years/

Vic always surprises me when I see him play live. He seems faster and needs multiple tacklers to bring him down, which isn't obvious watching him on tv. Steve price was the same. Looked a plodder on tele, but a different story live at the game. I think Vic tires out other team's defenders quite well in the middle of games when he is on.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8