2015 Dick Smith NRL Auckland Nines GAME DAY THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mass Hysteria alive and kicking I see and already DCE the fall guy... Personally I prefer to measure the boys come March, rather than on a January pre-season game....Some good signs with Gutherson, Tommy T and Leary looked a beast in the making. Keep the faith.

Foran played about 10 minutes of footy........in nines.......in his first match of the year.

How dare he not dominate, the telegraph claims he wants 1 mill so he should be gods gift to football every minute of every game.

Sandow is dominating........in nines..........in January, obviously he is more deserving of a contract. Manly should through a million at him because he is looking good at nines........during the cricket season. Plus the telegraph haven't written any articles about Sandow so he is obviously happy to take whatever contract is put in front of him and won't search for the best deal for himself.

SANDOW AS AN IMMORTAL!!!!

*absolutely no sarcasm in the above post

Foran played about 10 minutes of footy........in nines.......in his first match of the year.

How dare he not dominate, the telegraph claims he wants 1 mill so he should be gods gift to football every minute of every game.

Sandow is dominating........in nines..........in January, obviously he is more deserving of a contract. Manly should through a million at him because he is looking good at nines........during the cricket season. Plus the telegraph haven't written any articles about Sandow so he is obviously happy to take whatever contract is put in front of him and won't search for the best deal for himself.

SANDOW AS AN IMMORTAL!!!!

*absolutely no sarcasm in the above post

And so he should. Thurston dominates almost every game. Cronk does. These guys want the pressure of being being the highest paid players - well damn well play like it every time you hit the park.

Like I say, DCE / Foran have lost 7 of their last 9 games they have run on the park for Manly, yet are auctioning off our future for their wallets. FMD, I want a little more from them.

They aren't living up to their self professed hype at the moment.

#NRLAKL9s Rangitoto Pool ladder:
PAR 4 (+11)
NEW 2 (+5)
SGI 2 (-7)
MAN 0 (-9)

Sunday: PAR v SGI
MAN v NEW

We beat Knights by 8 we move on to finals if Eels win

Only read the last few posts but I gather there are some dopes slitting their wrists and saying our season is over and players are useless? I suppose Tooves can't coach as well.

Only read the last few posts but I gather there are some dopes slitting their wrists and saying our season is over and players are useless? I suppose Tooves can't coach as well.

Or some people watching the games, making an assessment, and coming on a footy site to discuss how they feel. Now LISTEN up all you "dopes", Garts has spoken. When we lose, check in with him to ascertain what can and cannot be said, else feel his wrath.

Garts, piss off.

#NRLAKL9s Rangitoto Pool ladder:
PAR 4 (+11)
NEW 2 (+5)
SGI 2 (-7)
MAN 0 (-9)

Sunday: PAR v SGI
MAN v NEW

We beat Knights by 8 we move on to finals if Eels win

Thought this was a Manly forum not a Parra forum.
When you start looking for IF's it pointless.
Who cares about the nine's, it be nice to win but no one really cares.

Thought this was a Manly forum not a Parra forum.
When you start looking for IF's it pointless.
Who cares about the nine's, it be nice to win but no one really cares.

I care. I want Manly to start winning. Would be a change from our last 10 or so games, where we scratched 2-3 wins.

Haha Ryan, ever the princess. That was not a go at anyone in particular, I only read the top 2 posts on this page which were Pommies and Discos. But I am not surprised you may have carried on.

Just watched replays of the games, we went ok, we lost, would rather win for the money but oh well. I wont lose any sleep about it. Got a good night out planned with friends, so quite happy to "piss off" as you put it. Although I am quite surprised you of all people would resort to that response.

Haha Ryan, ever the princess. That was not a go at anyone in particular, I only read the top 2 posts on this page which were Pommies and Discos. But I am not surprised you may have carried on.

Just watched replays of the games, we went ok, we lost, would rather win for the money but oh well. I wont lose any sleep about it. Got a good night out planned with friends, so quite happy to "piss off" as you put it. Although I am quite surprised you of all people would resort to that response.
Because im sick to ... death of people coming on, reading peoples comments, and being so retarded they can't debate the topic, but make comments about the people.

I know ive just done that myself, but dear lord come ON.

Its like people wait for a loss, or a string of losses, and think "oh yeah, I can go on the site and hammer anyone thats disappointed or upset".

Do people really expect happiness and praise? The old true supporter / bandwagoner bull****?

Anyway, these lads are demanding more than any other player in the game, and have steered our team to 2 wins in our last 10 efforts, including 9s, finals, and season proper games.

They need to focus on their performance, which over the last 2 months of playing time, has been worse than sub par.

Btw, I should NOT have directed that at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought we went ok only got beat in the last play in both games and we looked ordinary at times like it was just a bit lof fun till toovey gave them a bit of a rev up but who knows stil could win this thing we are not finished yet

The byes will get us through!!!!

(warriors just lost in the last 3 seconds....so it could be worse!!)

It's absolutely unnecessary and ridiculous to criticise the team and/or players based on the 9's format.
Some observations I have made are as follows;

* Gutherson has a wonderful presence on the field
* Turbo has speed to burn and moves beautifully, however defence tells me that he needs another year to ply his trade before he plays FG
* Brayden Williame is lightening fast
* Starling looks fitter than last year
* Leary has a good dig

Liked some things, disappointed in a few others but that is in part because I'm talking through my wallet. One person who I'm a bit surprised at is Chee Kam. He looked like he had shrunk. I don't know if its the hair cut but after hearing Tooves talk him up a bit I expected to see a monster out there.

Liked some things, disappointed in a few others but that is in part because I'm talking through my wallet. One person who I'm a bit surprised at is Chee Kam. He looked like he had shrunk. I don't know if its the hair cut but after hearing Tooves talk him up a bit I expected to see a monster out there.
Sadly apart from his hair cut nothing else stood out

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8