Can we win the Comp 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had $50.00 on us to win the premiership over the weekend @ $23

I'm not super confident but there just doesn't seem to be a stand out team this year - very open comp. We have proved that we can beat the best sides, and I don't think we have reached our best yet either, so if we can get some consistency and stay fit then I think the improvement will come with combinations developing and players settling into their roles. A lot will depend on how we go without Tommy over the next couple of months, but we were worth a dabble.

I don't think we have any chance. Brisbane, Roosters, and the Storm would have our measure in a semi-final or GF. I do think we are serious threat in the coming years...there is something about those Trobjevic brothers that just screams premiership. If we strengthen the backrow and maybe another prop, I can see us challenging in the next couple of years. I feel like we need to go up another gear to really compete at the business end of a season and it might be another season before we find that extra gear.

I don't think we have any chance. Brisbane, Roosters, and the Storm would have our measure in a semi-final or GF. I do think we are serious threat in the coming years...there is something about those Trobjevic brothers that just screams premiership. If we strengthen the backrow and maybe another prop, I can see us challenging in the next couple of years. I feel like we need to go up another gear to really compete at the business end of a season and it might be another season before we find that extra gear.

Sironen and frankie are going ok and have both had good moments however not consistently. So agree back row is where we need to strengthen our roster.

Congratulations @maxta you have created the first thread ever that I have been made to feel like one of the "realistic" people.

But, crazier things have happened and more power to the positives!

What I do know for a fact is, that we will never win it if we don't believe we can.
Let it go Woodsie

Brisbane - came within a couple of lucky tries.
Roosters - beat them.
Storm - came within a bees penis of beating them.

They don't have our measure at all. The tide is turning. Wait till we have another $1.4m to spend!
EXACTLY! what's this guy saying has our measure LOL
the refs dragged the broncos to a win
storm if Kelly scores we would of won
roosters have lots of weaknesses keary manu Mitchell
no one is a stand out of course storm are hard to beat as they and the donkeys have the refs behind them same with the rorters but we have the team to go all the way it will depend on injuries the players and some luck

Manly can beat any team on their day. Trouble is if the other team is having that sort of day too.

its beating teams on our day 3 games (possibly 4) in a row come September that worries me right now.

That and injuries (but that is pretty much any team, cows look lost without Thurston, 1 from 4 now I think it is)

Injuries! We stay healthy and who knows, definitely something is building with our team. Very few sides can get through a long season unscathed (or only a bit scathed at the important times) - and of those, many end up premiers!

I think it will be a Storm V Donkeys grand final, with the latter winning, primarily because the NRL will do all in its power to maintain strong sponsorship in Brisbane.
It's impossible to avoid watching Brisbane play weekly because they are always on prime time FTA, and I constantly see them getting help from refs and video rulings. They are a good side, and would win their share of matches without the help, but they have won several this season by dodgy refereeing. I think the "win' against Souffs was the most blatant.
It would be a nightmare if we had these two teams in the GF, but I can't see another club that is better or more consistent. Easts and Cronulla are the best of the remaining bunch.
Unfortunately, I think we are at least one season away from being serious contenders.

I think it will be a Storm V Donkeys grand final, with the latter winning, primarily because the NRL will do all in its power to maintain strong sponsorship in Brisbane.
It's impossible to avoid watching Brisbane play weekly because they are always on prime time FTA, and I constantly see them getting help from refs and video rulings. They are a good side, and would win their share of matches without the help, but they have won several this season by dodgy refereeing. I think the "win' against Souffs was the most blatant.
It would be a nightmare if we had these two teams in the GF, but I can't see another club that is better or more consistent. Easts and Cronulla are the best of the remaining bunch.
Unfortunately, I think we are at least one season away from being serious contenders.

Those are fair comments......the telling thing is that its been quite a while since Bennett has tasted success, AND he's their (News Ltd) Glamour Coach and I too think that they have been getting extra leg ups from the refs, I've seen it not only in the South game but others as well.

We have had the,

Bunnies haven't won for 40 years so let's get them across the line
Time for the Storm to win, UNDER the cap and legal
Lets get the Cowboys home before JT retires
And its about time the thankless Sharkies won a GF

I sort of thought it might have been " now its the western suburbs turn" but the Squeals, the Tigers and the Riff keep ****ing up badly, so their turn will come but not this year.

SO

I think you are right, its the Donkeys turn......don't know who will be their opponent but its time for a Bennett masterclass (aided by the Pinkies) AND.....no extra time this time, as we can always give away a penalty to the Donkeys in front with 1 minute to go.

Fair dinkum, the game is so rigged these days its not funny.

2011 we went into the season at $16 with new halves and we know how that turned out . If injuries are nice to us we can WIN THIS THING . Maroon and white optimism all the way.

It would be nice to think we can win it but I think there are 3 or 4 teams ahead of us at the moment.

Can we beat absolutely any team on our day? Definitely. In fact, we seem to rise against the better teams. Yes, I believe we can win the whole thing. I'm getting that building sensation I had when Des originally took over many years ago.

Seems as though we are starting to build a new legacy, with all these amazing young kids around.

The Dragons spot in the top 4 is vulnerable as I doubt they have the depth of the others currently there. Of course depth is also our Achilles heel but there is a spot up for grabs and we are in the hunt.

One of the ingredients in most successful teams is an excellent goal kicker. Croker showed that yesterday, even though we scored more tries than them.
We are missing that reliable two-point kicker in 2017. I can't see it changing in 2018, unless we buy Gordon from Easts and play him on the wing. I wonder if he has the skill to play five-eighth? While I think Blake Green is adequate, I think we can improve on him.

I didn't think that Green's kicking game was much! in fact I thought very average. Even the last kick in regular time should have gone into touch and waste 40 seconds for a scrum? I don't think many of his kicks were affective. Moving forward maybe Cherry should take more leadership.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4