Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ritchie, here is your crib for the story to come:

Rabbitoh [insert player name eg Walker/McQueen] is set to join [insert club name eg manly/parramatta/gold coast] as early as [insert unfeasibly early date here, eg this afternoon, tomorrow or 1st thing monday], in the wake of star forward Sam Burgess' [note tricky possessive apostrophe - the 12 year old news ltd sub editor won't have a clue] shock return from Bath.

[from this point, pretty much just re-hash the guff about his move to Bath, the failed Rugby World Cup campaign, unfair blame for England's early exit, then copy the stuff from previous articles about Dylan Walker's drug thing to finish off].

Then go meet zorba at the parkway hotel for Friday arvo.

Mmm maybe the signing of Issac John has lead to Manly not being able to fit Walker in. John was signed as a 5/8, the same position that Walker would have been signed to fill.

I don't think the Isaac John's or Moltzen's are coming here for huge coin. If anything, John's signing for a year means they most likely have their 2017 5/8 lined up. Maybe it is Walker or Bird but starting in 2017. But there is plenty of cash available at the end of this year with a few more first graders off contract.

That is definitely the issue for 2016 - you would need to drop either Taufua, Hiku or Trbojevic if Walker or another 5/8th came in. 2017 may be a different scenario with retirements in the backline a possibility.
You can't always get thing timed right and I suspect they see Walker as Killers replacement. The simple answer is that Tom is the backup player for 2016 and full time NRL from 2017. If anyone thinks we will go through with no injuries in the back they are deluded. Snake will certainly miss some game time and that's when Tom will play.

With Moltzen and John surely one of them is a second tier signing for NSW cup considering wolfman is gone, so I'm assuming Moltzen will play FB in NSW cup and will be back up half if DCE goes down.
John would probably be a replacement for JLJ and a back up 5/8 .
Aslong as they aren't top 25 signings and they don't play 1st grade they won't affect our cap. Signing walker would further push them down the pecking order.

I don't think the Isaac John's or Moltzen's are coming here for huge coin. If anything, John's signing for a year means they most likely have their 2017 5/8 lined up. Maybe it is Walker or Bird but starting in 2017. But there is plenty of cash available at the end of this year with a few more first graders off contract.

I think 2016 will be Skivvy & Killers last year, Skivvy's body won't last much longer and I feel Jamie will save his body for one final hurrah in the ESL.

I think we saw this year that both of them, whilst absolute champions and can still do special things, are starting to come off the pace in comparison to the young guns.......guile and experience can only get you so far.

And to be honest would not surprise me one bit if its Snakes last year as well, he knows Glenn will only manage maybe 2016 and 2017 playing in the ESL and you can almost bet he'll want one final year playing with his bro.

Methinks there will be very big changes in 2017

I think 2016 will be Skivvy & Killers last year, Skivvy's body won't last much longer and I feel Jamie will save his body for one final hurrah in the ESL.

I think we saw this year that both of them, whilst absolute champions and can still do special things, are starting to come off the pace in comparison to the young guns.......guile and experience can only get you so far.

And to be honest would not surprise me one bit if its Snakes last year as well, he knows Glenn will only manage maybe 2016 and 2017 playing in the ESL and you can almost bet he'll want one final year playing with his bro.

I agree Mark, that's why it's important we get Walker. In 2017 we could have Walker & Hiku in the centres and Tom at fullback. I'd be happy with that.

Hard to judge our backline based on last year because the platform the forwards laid was terrible. Will be interesting to see if they lift playing behind the new guys plus how they strip after an offseason with the new staff. One last hurrah would be wonderful...

Hard to judge our backline based on last year because the platform the forwards laid was terrible. Will be interesting to see if they lift playing behind the new guys plus how they strip after an offseason with the new staff. One last hurrah would be wonderful...
When they were fit and the forwards held on, they were awesome. Check the highlights vs Broncos and souths. But yeah doing it every week seemed harder.

Reading between the lines from the Souths boss press conference, I think Walker stays for this year but he is gone for 2017, odds on to us.

Interesting if it happens we could run out a backline of:
1. Snake
2. Tom Turbo
3. Whare
4. Hiku
5. Jorge
6. Walker
7. DCE

Consider that above average just quietly ;)

Reading between the lines from the Souths boss press conference, I think Walker stays for this year but he is gone for 2017, odds on to us.

1. Snake
2. Tom Turbo
3. Whare
4. Hiku
5. Jorge
6. Walker
7. DCE

So no Bird?

1. Snake
2. Tom Turbo
3. Whare
4. Hiku
5. Jorge
6. Walker
7. DCE

Whare ??? Have I missed a signing

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8