Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Whatever. All I know for sure is that we will have 13 players out there at one time next year .
I followed the lead up to killer being signed when he was playing for St Helens, I said to my sons if we get him we'll win the comp for sure, I was over the moon when he put pen to paper. In my opinion he is the most outstanding and inspirational player we have signed in my time as a Manly supporter, I can't think of anyone better and that includes Malcolm Reilly, Cliffy, BK or anyone.
Ron ur spot on mate . I started following manly 40 years next season and in the first year of supporting them we won the comp in 76 . What a great journey it has been to follow such an awesome team chock full of superstars pretty well every year and killer to me is right up there with Clifford Lyons if not better because of his settling influence on the boys where as cliffy was more a brilliant individualist. Mostly I've met some great mates along the way following this great club. Ron it will be 40 years when the boys run out next season that I've been chearing them and I can see us doing some serious damage . Cheers.

So Dylan now has the bargaining power to demand and negotiate a relese payout from souths
Unless he failed the show cause hearing which is Souths get out! Funny that! Why are they having such a well documented hearing.?

So it could be a win win scenario for walker.

Could even get more $ if the buying team "manly" turns a blind eye to his recent so called accident!

Anyway who wouldn't want to be apart of this new era of manly!?

There was that rumour that we were swapping Matai with Bird. If we have moved in a different direction with Walker? What is everyones thoughts on walker if it is at the expense of Skivvy? And we let him go to the sharks?

"Sam Burgess is set to be included in South Sydney's salary cap on the same value as the contract he was on before leaving to join Bath at the end of last season."

and:
"While NRL head of football Todd Greenberg insisted on Friday that Souths had been given no assistance to sign Burgess, a transfer fee reported to have cost the club up to £500,000 ($1.13 million) will not be included in the salary cap and Fairfax Media understands that his value on the cap will be the same as it was before he left, which is thought to be about $500,000 per season plus third-party deals."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lau-fiasco-20151106-gkssv3.html#ixzz3qiKKsSqd

Sam Burgess leads a charmed life when it comes to the NRL. They bloody love him and will do whatever it takes to get Souths back on top. Especially since Shane Richardson is about to start running the NRL its a bloody disgrace.

Interesting from Buzz's article tomorrow saying Walker has apparently signed from 2017 already.

Monday Buzz: Time to move on from NRL transfer farce
in 2 hours
Phil RothfieldSports Editor-at-largeThe Daily Telegraph

THE first and most crucial job for the NRL’s next chief executive is to fix the farcical rules that govern the player transfer market.

Right now it is a joke, an embarrassment to the code and a huge turn-off for fans.

Players are now signing with rival clubs two years in advance.

We had the absolute fiasco earlier this year involving Daly Cherry-Evans and the Gold Coast Titans.

South Sydney’s outstanding young edge forward Chris Grevsmuhl has done a deal with the Penrith Panthers for 2017.

Rabbitohs centre Dylan Walker has apparently already signed with the Manly Sea Eagles for 2017.

story-fni0cx12-1227600803467

Marty Taupau did the same and signed with Manly recently. At least the Wests Tigers did the right thing and released him 12 months early rather than carry a player who doesn’t want to be there.

Cronulla Sharks rookie-of-the-year Jack Bird is not a free agent until 2017 yet half a dozen clubs have been desperately trying to sign him for weeks, again two years in advance.

Other players have done deals for 2017 — it’s just that we haven’t heard about them yet.

It is a complete farce and no other sport or business on this planet allows it to happen.

Here is a game asking fans to sign up as members and show long-term loyalty.

At the same time, the game is allowing players to do the exact opposite and jump ship whenever the big money or best offer becomes available.

Imagine someone working for the Commonwealth Bank and securing a job with Westpac for 2017 but staying with CBA for another 18 months. It just doesn’t happen in any form of employment.

There is an easy solution to this by banning player signings outside of an official transfer window.

This is how it could work:

● EVERY year in mid-June around State of Origin time when the competition flattens out, the NRL could hold a transfer or trade conference, a bit like in the NFL.

● SHOW it live on Fox Sports and it would be one of the highest rating shows of the year.

● PLAYERS who want to switch clubs before the June 30 deadline register their names with the NRL.

● THE full list is made available to all the clubs who can negotiate with the player agents before the conference. If Canterbury needs a hooker, Des Hasler keeps an eye on the list for No. 9s. If the Knights need a winger, Nathan Brown can do the same.

● THE club coaches and chief executives turn up for the conference and bid for the players or confirm the deals they have already negotiated with the player agents.

It would make fabulous television. Even players wanting to change clubs the following season could register themselves for the trade week. At the end of each season and a couple of weeks after the grand final, the NRL could hold a second conference.

It would work the same way. Players who want to leave their clubs are registered on the official NRL trade list.

Surely a system like this would give clubs ample time to sort out their rosters and players enough time to sort out their futures.

BUZZ’S TRANSFER WINDOW GUIDE

● Hold a mid-June transfer/trade conference

● List of players who want to switch clubs before June 30 deadline is registered and made available to clubs

● Clubs can negotiate with player agents before the conference. Then coaches and chief executives bid for players/confirm deals at the conference

● Potential for a second conference post-season for players wanting to change clubs for the following season
I just read the same article. He looks set to join us 2017 and onwards. I wonder if the bunnies will release him? And pay half of his wage for 2016?

Also I like the idea Buzz has for trade window. Well some of it anyway

I don't like Rothfield's trade window idea in June as a televised product...is he serious?

The rules should simply be that clubs cannot negotiate until after the old anti-tampering deadline (June 30) and signings are not to be made public or official until after the Grand Final has been completed. The NRL should also follow through with consequences for breaches of the rules instead of constantly turning a blind eye to very obvious tampering.

I don't understand why these journo's criticise procedure and then come up with something equally perplexing as an alternative....let's turn recruitment into a TV show? yeah good one knob.

Back to the original topic though, I think Dylan Walker would be a fantastic signing for Manly. I love his speed and direct play...he competes for everything at 100 miles an hour and I love that in a footballer.

Interesting from Buzz's article tomorrow saying Walker has apparently signed from 2017 already.

Monday Buzz: Time to move on from NRL transfer farce
in 2 hours
Phil RothfieldSports Editor-at-largeThe Daily Telegraph

THE first and most crucial job for the NRL’s next chief executive is to fix the farcical rules that govern the player transfer market.

Right now it is a joke, an embarrassment to the code and a huge turn-off for fans.

Players are now signing with rival clubs two years in advance.

We had the absolute fiasco earlier this year involving Daly Cherry-Evans and the Gold Coast Titans.

South Sydney’s outstanding young edge forward Chris Grevsmuhl has done a deal with the Penrith Panthers for 2017.

Rabbitohs centre Dylan Walker has apparently already signed with the Manly Sea Eagles for 2017.

story-fni0cx12-1227600803467

Marty Taupau did the same and signed with Manly recently. At least the Wests Tigers did the right thing and released him 12 months early rather than carry a player who doesn’t want to be there.

Cronulla Sharks rookie-of-the-year Jack Bird is not a free agent until 2017 yet half a dozen clubs have been desperately trying to sign him for weeks, again two years in advance.

Other players have done deals for 2017 — it’s just that we haven’t heard about them yet.

It is a complete farce and no other sport or business on this planet allows it to happen.

Here is a game asking fans to sign up as members and show long-term loyalty.

At the same time, the game is allowing players to do the exact opposite and jump ship whenever the big money or best offer becomes available.

Imagine someone working for the Commonwealth Bank and securing a job with Westpac for 2017 but staying with CBA for another 18 months. It just doesn’t happen in any form of employment.

There is an easy solution to this by banning player signings outside of an official transfer window.

This is how it could work:

● EVERY year in mid-June around State of Origin time when the competition flattens out, the NRL could hold a transfer or trade conference, a bit like in the NFL.

● SHOW it live on Fox Sports and it would be one of the highest rating shows of the year.

● PLAYERS who want to switch clubs before the June 30 deadline register their names with the NRL.

● THE full list is made available to all the clubs who can negotiate with the player agents before the conference. If Canterbury needs a hooker, Des Hasler keeps an eye on the list for No. 9s. If the Knights need a winger, Nathan Brown can do the same.

● THE club coaches and chief executives turn up for the conference and bid for the players or confirm the deals they have already negotiated with the player agents.

It would make fabulous television. Even players wanting to change clubs the following season could register themselves for the trade week. At the end of each season and a couple of weeks after the grand final, the NRL could hold a second conference.

It would work the same way. Players who want to leave their clubs are registered on the official NRL trade list.

Surely a system like this would give clubs ample time to sort out their rosters and players enough time to sort out their futures.

BUZZ’S TRANSFER WINDOW GUIDE

● Hold a mid-June transfer/trade conference

● List of players who want to switch clubs before June 30 deadline is registered and made available to clubs

● Clubs can negotiate with player agents before the conference. Then coaches and chief executives bid for players/confirm deals at the conference

● Potential for a second conference post-season for players wanting to change clubs for the following season
Buzz is panicking because Bird is gone...

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8