Enjoy the new site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan, any chance of moving the date/time a post was made to the top of a post and making it more prominent (eg. larger font and in black and not a shade of light grey)? At the moment it gets lost in all the whiteness and is difficult to see. Before I read a post I like to know when it was written and this then helps me decide whether I should read it or just skim past it. It was much easier to find this out with the old forum.

Thanks again for all the effort you put into this site. Cheers mate.

Dan, any chance of moving the date/time a post was made to the top of a post and making it more prominent (eg. larger font and in black and not a shade of light grey)? At the moment it gets lost in all the whiteness and is difficult to see. Before I read a post I like to know when it was written and this then helps me decide whether I should read it or just skim past it. It was much easier to find this out with the old forum.

Thanks again for all the effort you put into this site. Cheers mate.
Try the other alternate theme and see if that is better

I prefer the old site.

A more broad observation of life - I detest change for change sake.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Love your huge efforts though, Dan.
cheers

The 'alternate' style seems to make it easier to see the alternate forums we have, is more compact (less scrolling) but feels busier and more cluttered.

The new style looks fresh. I like it but takes a bit more scrolling around.

never use a smart phone to log on so no opinion there.

So I dunno Mr Dan, whatever you can be bothered with all of us luddites around here.

We all had a chance to check it out months ago - and vote (new members excluded) so.....*shrugs*

I prefer the old site.

A more broad observation of life - I detest change for change sake.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Love your huge efforts though, Dan.
cheers
it was broken though, we used to use mybb and their upgrade to 1.8 broke just about everything and i would ave had to redevelop everything I also wanted to get rid of wordpress on the front end and this move has allowed that and news posting to be simplified as well.

mybb just wasnt the way forward for us and we would have been unsupported at that point too.

The 'alternate' style seems to make it easier to see the alternate forums we have, is more compact (less scrolling) but feels busier and more cluttered.

never use a smart phone to log on so no opinion there.

So I dunno Mr Dan, whatever you can be bothered with all of us luddites around here.

We all had a chance to check it out months ago - and vote (new members excluded) so.....*shrugs*

I am going to leave them both in place so everyone can choose the one they prefer, I may even do a dark theme too

Im on the baby shift for another 30 mins and he wont settle

Bummer!

stock-vector-cartoon-caveman-looking-confused-vector-illustration-with-simple-gradients-caveman-and-wheel-on-57635632.jpg

- silvertails gets an upgrade (lol)

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Bummer!

stock-vector-cartoon-caveman-looking-confused-vector-illustration-with-simple-gradients-caveman-and-wheel-on-57635632.jpg

- silvertails gets an upgrade (lol)

I knew coming into the upgrade that the biggest challenge was always going to be user adoption and it was a big change. I like both designs but I think intrinsic was the better and bigger leap in modernizing the site. I can understand the issues people are having and ultimately I only want to provide the best possible solution for everyone and that means providing multiple theme options

I knew coming into the upgrade that the biggest challenge was always going to be user adoption and it was a big change. I like both designs but I think intrinsic was the better and bigger leap in modernizing the site. I can understand the issues people are having and ultimately I only want to provide the best possible solution for everyone and that means providing multiple theme options

I blame Lu

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

Yeah I'm with GE. There are aspects of both that I like but no one particularly stands out. The alternate view is more cluttered but takes less scrolling. But then again the 2015 view is more modern, more pleasing to the eye and easier to read. I'll stick with the 2015 view for now.

I would love it if there was someway of putting the date/title at the top of each post.

@Dan not sure what you have done today but the colours are better, the info is easier to find/follow and the page loads in about 1 second now.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8