GAME DAY - Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This game reminds me of almost every trial game almost every year. You're right, we probably should have got the top team together to get this game (and probably another) out of the way before this season started.

I really don't understand Barrett's team selections?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Nathan Green
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Lewis Brown

14. Brenton Lawrence
15. Nate Myles
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Blake Leary

X When Brett comes back, Green to NSW Cup
X When Buhrer comes back, Brown to bench, Leary drops

Unsure why Barrett thought it was clever to play so many NSW Cup players when he didn't have to?

I hope the team doesn't give up as quickly as our supporters.

Sure, this is disappointing, but it's hardly the end of the world. I remember Souths towelling up the Roosters in Round 1 of 2013 and they went on to win the competition.

Also Taupau has been great in defence so I don't know why he is being bagged. Koroisau has also been impressive and Dylan Walker has tried harder than DCE to inject himself into the game so kudos there as well!

Spot on, Most of us Dogs fans have said we look unfit in the past, this year Eastwood and Kas hav trimmed right down.

It's a simple game.

The big slow forward pack we were going to run ragged is kicking our butts. Our penalties and dropped ball is a result of running backwards all night.

A part time 2nd row was, in hindsight, a really dumb decision.

We are a new team and we don't seem to know one another and don't seem to know what each other is doing.In short we are not jelling.Mistakes are another problem.We have to get better from here,even if we lose this game it's still early days.We are an imature team at the moment as Gus said and he's right.

I'm not happy with how it's going but this is the first game they've played together in competition mode.

You've got guys who revert to instinct eg Walker running in on an attacker despite being one closer to the middle than last year, and the bloke next to them won't be used to it so that will take time.

Our spine tonight has only one person from last year.

The biggest issue right now are the loose carries, not grounding the ball in the in goal... i don't know.

I'll hold out calling for some players' and Trent's heads for a little while

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8