Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hoppa to Parra!!!

BOZO said:
Rambo1987 said:
Cant blame Hoppa for going for that sort of Money and at least he not going to be there for the next 2 seasons.
All Hoppa your a Manly junior and dont forget it.

Best of luck........
Yes good luck to him as he did us proud in our Grand final winning team. With the reported $500, 000 that hopa knocked back from us we can sign at least half a dozen up and coming parra juniors like T- Rex and Burhrer.

Exactly.
Case in point if I was Loko's manager I'd be ringing up Manly straight away and be linning up a contract next season.

RE: Hoppa to Parra!!!

byso said:
Cmon guys he's got $1.7mill reasons to leave. What would you do if your getting $400k extra per year?

Also he played a huge part in the finals series and GF

He deserves to be cheered imo

Exactly.

Let's remember how well he & his family have gone in the Maroon & White jumper on the field.

I'll be cheering Hoppa Jnr as much as all the other 2011 players.

Really big risk for a rookie albeit, an extremely talented one. Is it is worth the gamble to an unknown culture and coach? Time will tell!

Good Luck Hoppa!

Someone on twitter said that $1.7 million Parramatta could have raided the Warriors 20s team and signed 4-5 players

miiighty said:
OneEyedEagle said:
The Mormon church has a big say in Will's decision after all a % of his salary has to go to the church otherwise you are shunned.

What other religion bans its congregation from accepting a blood transfusion in a life or death situation.

Maybe you should've listened more carefully when those 2 blokes were talking to you?

The Mormons are allowed blood transfusions - the JWs are the ones who aren't allowed.

Why! Same SHIITE just a different cult, all 3 are just as bad as each other.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Someone on twitter said that $1.7 million Parramatta could have raided the Warriors 20s team and signed 4-5 players
And they wouldn't of had to wait 2 years. Gee Parra are a stupid football club.

Now don't get me wrong I was totally stunned when I first learned two days after Manly had won the 2011 premiership that he had decided to join the Parramatta Eels, I was like 'What?' cause I had believed that, whilst he was going to be away for two years, he was going to stay contracted to the Sea Eagles. But we just won the 2011 premiership everyone. We should put this news about Will Hopoate aside FOR THE MOMENT and celebrate our premiership win.:)

RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

Sandow said the same thing about coming to Parra, so Kearney obviously commands a certain amount of respect as a coach amongst the NRL. I wouldn't write off anyone that easily; who has learned from both Bennett and Bellamy.

Most teams barely managed to beat a 2011 Parra roster which; on paper; shouldn't have stood a chance against most teams in the comp. Manly only beat the sub-standard Parra in the last 3 minutes of their last meeting.

2012 he has a much better roster, remember that.

Also Hindmarsh is a defensive machine. Unmatched by anyone in the game. He consistently tops the tackle count in NRL. He has made more tackles than anyone in history. Anyone who fails to respect that; is not a true Rugby League fan or has some personal axe to grind against him or Parra.

Darwin Eel said:
Sandow said the same thing about coming to Parra, so Kearney obviously commands a certain amount of respect as a coach amongst the NRL. I wouldn't write off anyone that easily; who has learned from both Bennett and Bellamy.

Most teams barely managed to beat a 2011 Parra roster which; on paper; shouldn't have stood a chance against most teams in the comp. Manly only beat the sub-standard Parra in the last 3 minutes of their last meeting.

2012 he has a much better roster, remember that.

Also Hindmarsh is a defensive machine. Unmatched by anyone in the game. He consistently tops the tackle count in NRL. He has made more tackles than anyone in history. Anyone who fails to respect that; is not a true Rugby League fan or has some personal axe to grind against him or Parra.

I've heard it all before from slimey fans. The truth is that they have had the best roster in the comp on many many ocassions over the past 15 years and they have bumpkis to show for it. They, like souffs, have a losing culture and and nothing will change that.

Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

Just a tip to the unwise and I have not posted much about this subject other than months ago saying Hoppa was an eel. Do a search and check it yourselves and see how many times I posted this since June.

Hoppa will not be gone fir 2 years and will play in 2013 if not next season.

Mark my words.

bob dylan said:
Just a tip to the unwise and I have not posted much about this subject other than months ago saying Hoppa was an eel. Do a search and check it yourselves and see how many times I posted this since June.

Hoppa will not be gone fir 2 years and will play in 2013 if not next season.

Mark my words.

yep and that will say a lot more about them as a family

though if he does play for them earlier they will have to backend a lot of the deal hoping for the increase in the cap

Darwin, u barely won a game, and barely avoided the spoon. It may be a good season by parra standards, but not around here bud.
Your clubs the laughing stock of the NRL.

Are clubs only allowed a certain number of players in their NRL squad?

story in today's Big League

Hopoate : I Want This Feeling Again

Signing with Parramatta is a sure way to get it.... Not.

bones said:
story in today's Big League

Hopoate : I Want This Feeling Again

Signing with Parramatta is a sure way to get it.... Not.

Maybe he said that on Monday morning down at the beach, when he still wanted to "return to play for Manly?" Lol.

I'll say this for Parramatta though, the local skyline is quite impressive with some nice towers going up. Just a shame about their football team.

Yep I heard why he's moving

$850K a year

Can't blame the kid BUT he has consigned himself to a football life devoid of nothing much other than sadness at being an end of year failure.

I actually think the NRL should force the Eels and the Panthers to merge, creating a super club out west....they would then be pretty scary.

Grant the spare licence to somewhere else, maybe Perth.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Yep I heard why he's moving

$850K a year

Can't blame the kid BUT he has consigned himself to a football life devoid of nothing much other than sadness at being an end of year failure.

I actually think the NRL should force the Eels and the Panthers to merge, creating a super club out west....they would then be pretty scary.

Grant the spare licence to somewhere else, maybe Perth.

Good call. Might as well merge the tigpies with the eels/riff as well and create and extra 2 licenses. Call them biiiinjiiiis bogans.

The 2 most obvious mergers are
1)Parra and Riff
2)Easts and Souffs

leave the hoppas alone

Firsty hoppa

Will and his manager cut a deal and from all accounts a massive deal. This deal included a lucrative job for his Dad. A dad with 9 kids and no real career path. He has done an awesome thing. This 2 years will set him up for life, provide stability and possibly a new focus fo his DAD. If any other 19yo did this we would all applaude him and give him the kudos he deserves

This is an awesome achievement for a 19yo, and his comments on GF night indicate he may wll have wanted to stay at manly so he as made some knd of personal sacrifice as well, albeit with a silver lining. THe people on this forum that have been abusive to this man, questioning his morals and his faith as a result are wankers.If personally you would prefer to play for a paticular club rather than stabilise your whole family unit then you are a goose.

Every hoppa that has played for manly,has worked for every cent they have been paid for and that is all you can ever ask for, and expect

Good onya will you put real family first

The term family is often overused or abused to describe groups that are anything but family.Footy is about money and while many strong and real bonds exist and i dont wish to be-little these very real bonds and relationships, the term family is often used to garnish money for individuals or organisations to profit personally. Obviously will knows the difference and as a family man i applaude him

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8