How do we beat Storm? 'Give it to Turbo' answers not accepted :)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We seem to be very fit, killing teams in the last 10 mins of each half.

So keep it tight for the first half of each half.
We seem the fittest I have ever seen us. The game is faster than ever, and to see Tom and Garrick do what they did last night is freakish. Add DCE and Croker who are fitness freaks and we would be right up there.

That game was very fast; much faster than most other regular season games and for Garrick to sprint back 40m on defence, then 10m along the goal line, then another 50m up field and time the pass perfectly shows where his fitness it at.

Outstanding.

Sipley misses out
I dont think he should... He's been great all season... Ide rather manly rotate the big boys all game as opposed to keeping someone like Lawton who only plays the last 15 minutes.... May as well go into the game with 16 players the way des uses him

We don't have many other plays apart from "give it to Turbo".

Storm aren't unbeatable, FFS Parra rolled them. Frankly I prefer that we are playing them and not Penrith. We just need to play our best footy and hold the ball. Need that middle to be watertight though.
100% C&C, gota watch the two Melb hookers. Hopefully no Munster and Ado Carr also is very handy, they are big outs for them. Only Olam in the backs is the only danger.

Hold on to the ball for one

Nail the set plays for another - hopefully we have something special in the bag because too many passes were intercepted against the Cowboys because they were too predictable

Defense needs to be rock solid. Glad our forwards are at full strength.

Des needs to get into the refs ear before the match and have a chat and DCE needs to be in the refs ear respectfully but forcefully the whole match..
Smith/Hughes and Munster are the main guys at walking off the mark and stumbling into the markers and this needs to be constantly brought up by DCE.
The last split second flops in a tackle as held is called needs to be constantly pointed out.
The last second arm around the head on the ground forcing the guy already on the ground to be twisted backwards and facing their own goal line which gives a few extra moments for the defence and markers to get set needs to be constantly mentioned.
So you are expecting Munster to play I take it?

Given that is the case, would it be different without him?

Own the middle first , when you own it you can start spreading the ball.

Just settle in and play percentage football for the first 10-15 , if a chance comes grab it but be careful with the ball.

85% or higher completion rate needed .

Not impossible , but not currently what we’ve been doing!

DEFENCE
Manly will score 20+ points against Any opposition, so if we keep the opposition to 1-2 tries - give ourselves a legitimate chance against Anyone

I am going go against the gain here. Manly has been winning games by scoring lots of points. We need to throw caution with the ball. If its a tight game we may be in trouble.

I think we need score and keep scoring, keep the pressure on the storm. If we play tight and mistake free we will fall in storm hands. We need to go all out attack the edge early then play in the middle.

for Garrick to sprint back 40m on defence, then 10m along the goal line, then another 50m up field and time the pass perfectly shows where his fitness it at.

Outstanding.
And to do all that in the final seconds of the game, makes it even more outstanding! Sure says a lot about Garrick's fitness...

Melbourne's weakness is their edges. Olam rushes up for a big hit, so does Munster, so dummy and inside ball is the way to go here for an outside in play and I believe that's what we have been practising the past two weeks.

Also if the fox doesn't play the kick in behind and early kicks will work well. We are going to try to throw long looping passes over the top of their rush in defence and if that comes off we will open them up out wide but if it doesn't we will have a lot of errors and be defending most of the game like we did the last time.

Own the middle first , when you own it you can start spreading the ball.

Just settle in and play percentage football for the first 10-15 , if a chance comes grab it but be careful with the ball.

85% or higher completion rate needed .

Not impossible , but not currently what we’ve been doing!
Mark you have hit the nail on the head. We hold them in the forwards and limit the impact of Cheese and Grant , we will be well on the way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8